THE BROWNS BOARD

Ogunjobi Won Kinobe

Ibleedbrown

The old Ogunjobi thread be locked so starting this to gush about him. Holy hell did he have a game against the Bucs. He is consistently one of the first defenders reacting off the snap, immediately using his hands to find a wedge and then slicing through the line like a light saber. Man is he fun to watch. 

‘Jobi isn’t concerned with your lineman trying to block him. He is a more civilized weapon for the modern game.

• Haha 1

Well I sure hope we don't see any of our stars out there the last preseason game. Houston learned that the hard way about an hour ago because Pro Bowl RB Lamar Miller looked like he went down with a bad knee injury on their first possession. It was bad enough that he dropped the ball and grabbed his knee as soon as the hit from the side was made. Looked ugly to see it bend sideways with cleats the stuck in the turf. It would not surprise me to read he goes into surgery on that knee. If not he is very, very lucky.

https://pressfrom.info/us/news/sports/-314872-lamar-miller-injury-update-texans-running-back-knee-carted-off-field-after-big-hit.html

13 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

‘Jobi isn’t concerned with your lineman trying to block him. He is a more civilized weapon for the modern game.

I guess ya got me with the last 2 words "modern game"..One of the last football conversation i had with my uncle Jack was him comparing Ogun to the quiet Purple People Eater HOF'er #88 Alan Cedric Page..Uncle Jack loved talking Notre Dame football.. he tried to convince me that Page could still play in today's DT days with Page's playing weight coming out of school at 6'4" 245lb.. on the 3rd time he tells me this same story;) I remember telling him "with a nickname of People Eater, you can't be lying".. So yes, Ogun is earning the new nickname of "Mini Page" to me..hope he holds up to Jack's standards & Thanks Uncle Jack 🙏 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Pro Bowl RB Lamar Miller looked like he went down with a bad knee injury on their first possession. It was bad enough that he dropped the ball and grabbed his knee as soon as the hit from the side was made. Looked ugly to see it bend sideways with cleats the stuck in the turf. It would not surprise me to read he goes into surgery on that knee. If not he is very, very lucky.

https://pressfrom.info/us/news/sports/-314872-lamar-miller-injury-update-texans-running-back-knee-carted-off-field-after-big-hit.html

Sucks for Lamar Miller.  He is a good dude.  Good news for the Browns though.  They will definitely be getting a third round pick back in the trade now as long as Duke stays healthy.  He may not only play in 16 games but start in 16 games. Kinda wish Browns still had Duke out there dangling right now.  They could have held him ransom and got a 2nd rounder with no stipulation what so ever from the Texans now. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Sucks for Lamar Miller.  He is a good dude.  Good news for the Browns though.  They will definitely be getting a third round pick back in the trade now as long as Duke stays healthy.  He may not only play in 16 games but start in 16 games. Kinda wish Browns still had Duke out there dangling right now.  They could have held him ransom and got a 2nd rounder with no stipulation what so ever from the Texans now. 

Well...as I see it, the Colts and the Texans could have been competitors with the Browns for a playoff spot.   The losses of Luck and Miller help their chances...even is slightly.

Ogunjobi is a terrific player and appears to be an even better dude. The really good news for him is the addition of Sheldon Richardson, who is an established producer and someone the defense has to account for every down. Ogunjobi is going to have a better year by having a talented DL next to him. I feel it. I saw one play where Richardson balled up his blocker and threw him 10 feet like he was a gnat.