THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns @ Buccaneers Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

5 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Blough with Miller in

Braxton gets shoe string tackled more than just about anyone I've seen. That's not just because of the two shoe string tackles on his two catches but going back to all his games at Ohio State. Don't know if he doesn't pick up his feet or what. Great college catch by Dorian Baker. Gotta drag that other toe kid but good effort.

Only have 1 Timeout, Tampa has what over 11 plays? Walking all over us, Chalk this 1 up as a loss fellow Dawgs. We will get them next time. On a side note, I wish we kept Breshad Perriman, I thought he had decent hands with above average speed and wanted to throw it down the Ravens throats. 

Just preseason and we saw enough to know we are going to have a D that gets after QBs. Baker was off, but so are the best MLB pitchers sometimes. Not bad considering most of the stars did not play or played very little (Garrett 1 series).

EDIT: Plus we identified a kicker.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just preseason and we saw enough to know we are going to have a D that gets after QBs. Baker was off, but so are the best MLB pitchers sometimes. Not bad considering most of the stars did not play or played very little (Garrett 1 series).

EDIT: Plus we identified a kicker.

I love how you and most fans stay positive. I get so damn mad over the little shit, I wish I could think the way you do. Damn I get so mad 

• Like 1

Just now, medicineman said:

I love how you and most fans stay positive. I get so damn mad over the little shit, I wish I could think the way you do. Damn I get so mad 

Honestly, this game was close to being really good for our starting offense, and don't forget our starting defense didn't let the Bucs hardly SNAP the ball. Higgins should have made that TD grab, and Willies dropped a couple. Baker was a smidge off, but no big deal. We sorely missed Nick Chubb and our #1 WRs and TEs. No biggie. 

Did I mention our defense? Without Myles? 

• Thanks 1

I really thought Hunt would of made a impact, I thought he is good enough to be a starting RB  so Not having Chubb was a big deal. (So I figured any how) The back up TE Seth D  dropped a easy pass and missed a couple blocks so some concerns there, Maybe we should of kept Fells,? But you are correct not having 4 of our weapons on Offense did show. Did Callaway play at all either? I believe he can be a threat and do some damage to defenses if given the chance. Had a few great catches last season, 

11 minutes ago, medicineman said:

What a piss poor D on that last drive. They ran all over us, Got a easy first down on 3rd and long, Had no trouble at all from our D that last drive,

Just think..You won't have to watch the XFL..you just watched about 70 players that will hit the streets that might make their roster..yuck! 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, medicineman said:

I really thought Hunt would of made a impact, I thought he is good enough to be a starting RB  so Not having Chubb was a big deal. (So I figured any how) The back up TE Seth D  dropped a easy pass and missed a couple blocks so some concerns there, Maybe we should of kept Fells,? But you are correct not having 4 of our weapons on Offense did show. Did Callaway play at all either? I believe he can be a threat and do some damage to defenses if given the chance. Had a few great catches last season, 

Meh.... if Hunt wasn’t suspended for the first 8 games I doubt he would have even been out there tonight with that injury he’s coming off of. I wouldn’t worry to much about his production tonight. 

Boy, I had been hearing great things about Strong, but he didn't make it happen tonight. The line between failure and success is so thin in the NFL. A pass 12 inches too high in the end zone, a drop by Higgins, a drop by Willies on 3rd down, missed hole by D'Ernest, a penalty, whatever. 

I think what concerns me the most is our lack of depth at WR and TE. All the sudden, WR doesn't look at deep as we thought, and Callaway is suspended/hurt, OBJ isn't known for durability, and Njoku hasn't been in there. I used to think Devalve had a future, but it won't be with us. I'm not at all worried about our starters, but I do think our depth isn't quite what we hoped for. But hey, it's one game, and it's preseason. I really wish our OL played better, but we'll have to see how the unit progresses. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Does D’Ermest Johnson remind of Ernest Byner

wasnt ernest more of a downfield back? i really like d'ernest tho....havent been very impressed with hunt so far. ernest makes sharper cuts .....he's made me feel quite a bit better about losing duke. If we keep 4 backs im ok witj hilliard basically being the more power back if something happens to chubb and dernest being Hunts backup and kick returner.

if we makenit to tge playoffs..and hunt didnt really show anything the last 8 games, id give dernest those reps if he keeps up this play for the first 8 games.

1 hour ago, medicineman said:

What a piss poor D on that last drive. They ran all over us, Got a easy first down on 3rd and long, Had no trouble at all from our D that last drive, Were there any starters out there at all?

running that 4-2 might be tough when the starters arent out there. When u only have 2 lb'ers ur front 4 HAS to stay disciplined against the run...which are starters and their immediate backups are. Especially the edge players. 

A solid 'A' grade on Freddie's post-presser.."Besides the starting defense & Kicking game we weren't good at anything.Including coaching preparation" Well, It is his Offense.and it just fell flat in his face, not seen by freddie during practice. Did not see much, so called vanilla offense either..Am not going to lose anymore sleep over a 9-0 halftime lead with their 1's. That we did not play well enough to score touchdowns yet..Am kinda more disappointed in Jarvis Landry's WR room not teaching what he came in preaching..either he's hurt more than we think? or falling into some bad OBJ habits? The OL rushing work up front is so horrid..Barry Sanders could only run sideline to sideline.. It ain't on Hunt or any of our backs..This starting OL failed with the TB 2's in the start of 3rd quarter. Stanton did not help himself either..Gilbert helped himself by just not playing..