THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns @ Buccaneers Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi Browns fans!   Our surging Cleveland Browns will try to stay undefeated in the preseason, as they are down south in Florida, to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tonight is also a battle of first-year NFL Head Coaches, the Browns Freddie Kitchens, versus the Buccaneers Bruce Arians.

Veterans traditionally will play the longest  on the feld through most of the first half during the third preseason game.

Cleveland and Tampa Bay are tied in the all-time preseason history with their 5-5 record.  Browns last won 13-9 in Tampa during  the 2017 preseason.

Browns though still leads the all-time regular season series 6-4 after 10 games, but lost the last game in overtime 26-23, back on October 21, 2018.

Partly cloudy skies at 85 degrees, feels like 95 degrees,  is the local gamecast at Raymond James Stadium, for the 7:35 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff.

NO injuries, win your third straight preseason game, and HERE WE GO BROW-NIES! HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!  BELIEVELAND!

https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-at-buccaneers-how-to-watch-listen-stream-announcers-and-more

https://nfl.com/gamecenter/2019082351/2019/PRE3/browns@buccaneers

So traditionally the third preseason game is something of a dress rehearsal with more of the starters seeing time on the field, right? Will that be the case for Friday's game? Or is it the new reality that starters probably won't ever play in preseason again? Or at least at a substantial level?

WSS 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

So traditionally the third preseason game is something of a dress rehearsal with more of the starters seeing time on the field, right? Will that be the case for Friday's game? Or is it the new reality that starters probably won't ever play in preseason again? Or at least at a substantial level?

WSS 

I guess it is up to each team.  I am hearing that some teams will play their starters for as much as a full half,  where others will not play their starters at all.    Not sure about the Browns.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS 

Baker plans to play for a half, but Freddie didn't know Baker was in charge of that. LOL!😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Baker plans to play for a half, but Freddie didn't know Baker was in charge of that. LOL!😁

Hahahahaha. I heard that. I think Baker will play first quarter, and that's about it, especially if he scores. If he goes out there and leads a touchdown drive, I think he'll sit. But who knows? I just don't want anyone to get hurt, and I'm dying for Titans game. I wouldn't think Myles or OBJ will play, but I guess we'll see. 

41 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Several teams aren't playing their starters anymore. But the Pats did, Brady even dove for a first down. :)

Holy shit I saw that. I was like, "Whattaya doin?! Dive! Dive!" lol. Can you imagine Brady falling on his wrist and breaking it? Yeesh. I saw Cam Newton go down with a foot injury, but not sure if it's serious. I really hope not. 

17 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

Tonight is also a battle of first-year NFL Head Coaches, the Browns Freddie Kitchens, versus the Buccaneers Bruce Arians.

Arians expects your gassers after game lights go off.. He's a AP HC of the year twice coaching the Cardinals.. Kitchens was on his staff