THE BROWNS BOARD

The Tavern

Zombo

I can't wait for the Tavern! Besides that 3 game period where I lost my freakin mind and turned into a temporary a-hole, I've always enjoyed the Tavern and discussing the games. It's one of my most favorite parts of the game and this year is going to be really fun. 

I do want to caution anyone who believes we're going to walk all over Tennessee in our first game. This is a team with 3 straight winning records, they won last year despite horrific injuries and probably should have made it to the playoffs, and they're probably a little pissed off that we're being talked about so much. Also, even though they're without their stud LT, they still have one of the best swing tackles in the game, so they're not freakin out or anything. We already know Delanie Walker will score a TD, so pick him up in Draft Kings. Tennessee just makes the game go slowly, ugly, and it's always close for some reason. Earlier I predicted a Browns win, but I'm getting really nervous. Tennessee is a very good team, they're QB is finally healthy, and don't forget that Mariota is both fast and accurate. It's going to be a war, and what REALLY scares me is it will come down to a kick. 

8 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I'll see if I can make it password free.

Think it keeps out spammers though.

I got in. I tried browns cleveland stan and I could have sworn I tried tavern but I might have had a capital "T" or something. As far as having one required goes I think leaving a password is good.  I'll post the password in the weekly game thread after the robot like thread is started by that one guy. Typically people will look there anyway. 

20 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

There’s another site I read on that uses a link to Rumbletalk for game time chat room. 

That link is really easy you click it type jcam222 in your name field then pick your color (I recommend brown or black orange is hard to see) and type in tavern for the password. No sign up necessary. 

6 hours ago, nickers said:

Chocha Caliente is supposed to mean "I want hot Pussy"

That's a very long shot. I understood that you wanted to simply say "Hot Pussy" but you should say chochO not chochA (every part in the human body has a gender, but it is more related to the word itself than to the body part). 

If you wanted to say "I want" you should add "(Yo) [ommitted] quiero". That kind of sentence is a bit weird, as a native I would suggesst "mmmh, chocho caliente." Saying "I want/(Yo) quiero" without much contest sounds like a kid asking to his parents for something. 

Sincerely, I don't mean to correct your Spanish, guys. Grammatically is way more demanding than English so I expect mistakes. Do as pleased. I only write these long posts for those who are interested.

5 hours ago, Nero said:

That's a very long shot. I understood that you wanted to simply say "Hot Pussy" but you should say chochO not chochA (every part in the human body has a gender, but it is more related to the word itself than to the body part). 

If you wanted to say "I want" you should add "(Yo) [ommitted] quiero". That kind of sentence is a bit weird, as a native I would suggesst "mmmh, chocho caliente." Saying "I want/(Yo) quiero" without much contest sounds like a kid asking to his parents for something. 

Sincerely, I don't mean to correct your Spanish, guys. Grammatically is way more demanding than English so I expect mistakes. Do as pleased. I only write these long posts for those who are interested.

I prefer the Venezuelan version, "Quiero su cuca caliente!" Cuca sounds much more feminine to me.😜

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I really enjoy being in there during games and chatting with fellow browns fan.  

... except when game is on a local channel which means a couple second time delay vs. directly from a Sunday Ticket channel...

So to recap ... the password to The Tavern is "tavern".

Let me know how it goes, how we can improve it, and who wants to moderate etc,

I think Mark usually hangs out there but he will be busy at the stadium tomorrow.

Zombo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Let me know who it goes, how we can improve it, and who wants to moderate etc,

I think Mark usually hangs out there but he will be busy at the stadium tomorrow.

Zombo

If there needs to be a temporary one week moderator of it I will volunteer until mark gets back to his normal duties. I would hope though that moderation would not really be needed unless of course ghoolie makes his way in lol.

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

Let me know who it goes, how we can improve it, and who wants to moderate etc,

Zombo

I can't promise that I'll be there every Sunday, but I can moderate so no one talks about soccer... Heh, heh. 

• Zombo pinned this topic

Z,

Room was limited to 10 unless you are a Chatsy Premium member or the room is a premium room... so no free lunch. Otherwise it was fine.

I'll see what else I can find this week.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Z,

Room was limited to 10 unless you are a Chatsy Premium member or the room is a premium room... so no free lunch. Otherwise it was fine.

I'll see what else I can find this week.

I noticed we were too few, now I see why...

23 minutes ago, Nero said:

24 minutes ago, Nero said:

I noticed we were too few, now I see why...

My bad. I didn't read the forum post and see the password. I'll be in next week. 

Good lord I'm still irritated. In front of the home crowd? Come on, man. 

9 hours ago, Nero said:

I can't promise that I'll be there every Sunday, but I can moderate so no one talks about soccer... Heh, heh. 

OH NO Nero will be handing out red cards.   :o

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

OH NO Nero will be handing out red cards.   :o

See? That comment during my watch would get you kicked... Out of the pitch.

• Haha 1

Anyone have any experience with "Google Hangouts"??? Seems to fit our needs... free... up to 100 ... all platforms.

There is an app download, but other than that and your first-born, it's free.

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Anyone have any experience with "Google Hangouts"??? Seems to fit our needs... free... up to 100 ... all platforms.

There is an app download, but other than that and your first-born, it's free.

I use Hangouts, but I don't think of it as an app for big chats...

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

But would it fit our needs for a text chat?

I used it through Gmail (if you have a google account, you have hangouts in the package). And the times I've used it, you had to add a friend using his/her email so he/she could join the conversation. Not the best for an online forum's chat.

If there's any other way, I'm unaware of it.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:43 PM, Tour2ma said:

Z,

What is the one time cost of Premium room? and Can we get around every member being a Chatsy member?...  

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

What is the one time cost of Premium room? and Can we get around every member being a Chatsy member?...  

Screenshot_2019-09-10_105221.jpg

19 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Screenshot_2019-09-10_105221.jpg

that seems like a simple cost for the "you's".. but than does the you's cost, only qualify them to enter the "Premium Room"? ...with account already set-up? Whom is the administrator of the account ending in last 4 numbers of ID#0804? The Premium room has a cost of 40 bucks for 3 months or 129 bucks for 12 months..I don't mind flipping the bill on it, but am still confused on their poor choice of wording of who qualifies? members or non .. your game thoughts come with your own cash? not sure that fits for all of us & certainly is above my brownsboard pay scale..Maybe we need to hire a agent;)  

Reads to me like the number of visitors in a Premium room is unlimited period... member or non-member...

I'll front three months... that'll get us thru Week 16 or so...

... I know... $40... very big of me... ;)

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I will designate a couple Mods... as soon as I figure out how to do so...

Candidates have to be in the room to be "promoted" to mod. Once promoted they can access commands like "silence", "kick" and "ban".

All folks in the room can access many other commands such as "ignore".