THE BROWNS BOARD

Trent Williams....

Worth a look? Or not worth it..?

He doesn’t wanna play in WAS due to mistrust in the medical staff. Apparently isn’t being shopped. Houston and LAC are other mentioned potential landing spots.

“The final piece that that extravagant puzzle would be the acquisition of a superstar left tackle, something the team sorely missed in 2018. Last year, the Browns deployed a combination of Desmond Harrison and Greg Robinson at the left side of the line, and they allowed pressure on 8.9% and 7.1% of their pass-blocking snaps, respectively, ranking 38th and 30th among 44 qualifying left tackles. 

Browns great Joe Thomas is a year (and 70 pounds) removed from manning Cleveland’s blindside, but if anyone can get close to ever filling those massive shoes, it’s Trent Williams, a move that would make the rich even richer.”

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-three-potential-landing-spots-for-washington-lt-trent-williams

Wrong side of the line. Was he a right tackle, and I think we would be offering a lot to get him.

Too bad JT had to retire.   I think he went out early compared to most OTs....some of whom had long...15-17 year careers. It would have been great for him to have achieved some success....and I think...with health, he would have helped greatly with this roster to achieve that success.   Compared to what we got.

11 hours ago, Nero said:

Wrong side of the line. Was he a right tackle, and I think we would be offering a lot to get him.

Washington reportedly wants a first round pick.  Nice thought, but those saying we should make an offer aren't taking into account cap considerations. Don't think Dorsey wants another big price tag player currently.  

We already have a good chunk of change invested at the Tackle position, so l would be surprised if we made a move like this prior to the start of the season. If our starting Tackles do a less than acceptable job a few games in, then maybe. A few games in to the season might lower the asking price too.

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

We already have a good chunk of change invested at the Tackle position, so l would be surprised if we made a move like this prior to the start of the season. If our starting Tackles do a less than acceptable job a few games in, then maybe. A few games in to the season might lower the asking price too.

That is possible, or in other instances it rises the price. Look at the Sam Bradford trade a few years ago. Yes QBs are way more valuable, but Williams is a lot better at his craft compared to Bradford 

16 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Worth a look? Or not worth it..?

He doesn’t wanna play in WAS due to mistrust in the medical staff. Apparently isn’t being shopped. Houston and LAC are other mentioned potential landing spots.

Am convinced Hoorta plays the tightwad banker in most family board games 🤣 .Just as everybody else. I got no clue where this will end up..here's some info i've dug up...1.) Adrian Peterson & Williams played together at Oklahoma. Solid friends & Williams don't carry many of them. Williams was raised in Texas like AP & co-owns a gym with Adrian Peterson in Houston*.. 2) Skins don't have to do a damn thing but throw Williams on a no show list where he won't get paid.(10M & 12M still left) 3) Am sure several medical staffs can be found in the DC area..I don't get the skins owners relationship with this team doctor with the likes of McCoy/Guice/ & others being miss treated also..Alex Smith chose to get his medical attention overseas..4.) Rumor today is Pats offered up their 1st rounder. The Skins declined the offer. Rapaport denies it even happened 5.) It's to soon to guess on Forbes being JT's replacement..Campton would have to see a lot wrong to pound the table to bring Trent in this late...6) My guess would be Trent ends up back home in Houston. Houston not having a GM, with a desperate coach playing GM that may be out soon too..7) If I were the Skins and moving Trent was the only option? I'd want a better tackle than Penn in deal to contend & the 1st rounder..B) or Trent sits or shows?   

55 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

We could offer them a 3rd or 4th and Strong or Callaway and that should do it.

no chance,imho..they'd laugh than hang up..he's not dead at 31..6 straight pro bowls, age? I could see a 3 year deal with a get out after 2..Skins won't care who's paying him..They want the recoup pick 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

no chance,imho..they'd laugh than hang up..he's not dead at 31..6 straight pro bowls, age? I could see a 3 year deal with a get out after 2..Skins won't care who's paying him..They want the recoup pick 

His trade value is low. He said he wont play for them so I'm sure they would take a pick and someone who could contribute this season. Gruden has to be desperate at this point. That team has a rookie QB, no receivers, a TE that is always hurt, and a RB that is coming off a knee injury and hasn't even played yet. 

I doubt that any other team is going to offer more than that. So they would be dumb not to take something for a player that refuses to play for them.

2 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Gruden has to be desperate at this point. That team has a rookie QB, no receivers, a TE that is always hurt, and a RB that is coming off a knee injury and hasn't even played yet. 

I doubt that any other team is going to offer more than that. So they would be dumb not to take something for a player that refuses to play for them.

They still would need a LT to save Haskins hyde... you won't get much value for Callaway now. Devalve is always hurt..Guice looks fine playing tonight..LT Duane Brown to Seattle was same age, coming off pro bowl & knee injury,making 10M..Houston received... a player, CB3 (Jeremy Lane) a 2018 5th and a 2019 2nd...  

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

was this the LT that had to use a rope to lasso myles tge other week? if it was...pass. I get it, tgats myles garrett....but that was a take him out back behind the shed and end the misery kind of performance

No..Trent ain't seen the field all season. but, that was part of the reason they went out and got Penn that Oakland cut.. 

On 8/22/2019 at 8:46 PM, Clevfan4life said:

was this the LT that had to use a rope to lasso myles tge other week? if it was...pass. I get it, tgats myles garrett....but that was a take him out back behind the shed and end the misery kind of performance

No trent Williams has not played yet for the v Redskins this preseason

I'd really love to have Trent, but I don't see any way it happens.  This really smells like a case of a veteran not wanting to do training camp,  which we see happening a lot now.  Clowney in Houston is another example.  When the season begins, they'll be out there with their teams.  

Of course, I'd LOVE to have either of those guys...

Hahaha.