THE BROWNS BOARD

Braxton Miller

bjh2130

8 minutes ago, Flyin J said:

Meet the Lamar Jackson for our scout team

He's got to make the team first. Having a 4th QB taking up a roster spot just to run the scout team? Extreme long shot to make the final roster. 

As a WR- can he be any better than the guys we already have in house? I doubt it, but Dorsey must see something or he wouldn't be bringing him in for a look-see.  

9 minutes ago, Flyin J said:

Meet the Lamar Jackson for our scout team

I hadn't thought of that and it is a good way to prepare for him but is he good enough to keep as one of the 6 best wide receivers to warrant that role.  I think it seals that damon sheehy Giuseppe will be a practice squad player or on some other teams 53 as Braxton is a better receiver and has almost as much potential in the return game. I put more emphasis on receiving abilities because kick/punt returns are becoming more and more obsolete with new kickoff rules and punters getting better and better at hang time and directional punting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

I hadn't thought of that and it is a good way to prepare for him but is he good enough to keep as one of the 6 best wide receivers to warrant that role.  I think it seals that damon sheehy Giuseppe will be a practice squad player or on some other teams 53 as Braxton is a better receiver and has almost as much potential in the return game. I put more emphasis on receiving abilities because kick/punt returns are becoming more and more obsolete with new kickoff rules and punters getting better and better at hang time and directional punting. 

actually, that is an excellent point.

Also could fill a void that perhaps the coaching staff envision for Duke prior to his disgruntled trade.   Like I said, (up until this signing) we don't have anyone in the RB room that presents a receiving matchup problem like DJ did. 

You now have that player in Braxton.    Long shot he makes the roster, but at least it IS* a shot. 

well bang on my Buckeyes B)..welcome home Braxton..put the offensive minds of freddie & monkins together..strap on your parachutes fellas..am throwing another opinion dart here.  We have no depth at slot WR after Landry? Sheehy,Baker & Montgomery had some bad drops coming out of XY or Z including slot at Colts for all 3 days..With Callaway also gone 4 games..a vet like, Braxton can push the final 2 WR slots hard, by chasing  Ratley & the above^^ rookies wanting it..I got ObJ/Landry/Willies/Higgins/Strong as in..the only back-up slot receiver left on the roster might be Hyman..and i have not seen squat of Hyman since PS1.. Dorsey nor freddie seem to be 'not in the business' of handing out any roster positions yet..love it..

Just now, gumby73 said:

well bang on my Buckeyes B)..welcome home Braxton..put the offensive minds of freddie & monkins together..strap on your parachutes fellas..am throwing another opinion dart here.  We have no depth at slot WR after Landry? Sheehy,Baker & Montgomery had some bad drops coming out of XY or Z including slot at Colts for all 3 days..With Callaway also gone 4 games..a vet like, Braxton can push the final 2 WR slots hard, by chasing  Ratley & the above^^ rookies wanting it..I got ObJ/Landry/Willies/Strong as in..the only back-up slot receiver left on the roster might be Hyman..and i have not seen squat of Hyman since PS1.. Dorsey nor freddie seem to be 'not in the business' of handing out any roster positions yet..love it..

Well....a Buckeye player will beat out a Texas A&M player every time.   Let's see what reaction that gets😘

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....a Buckeye player will beat out a Texas A&M player every time.   Let's see what reaction that gets😘

some love stirring  pots here:D  honestly i thought AG gave us a good opinion on Ratley after drafting him out of A&M..1.He's not got track speed that runs great routes. 2.His hands are questionable.. sound like Ratley to me, the short time we've seen him

43 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

some love stirring  pots here:D  honestly i thought AG gave us a good opinion on Ratley after drafting him out of A&M..1.He's not got track speed that runs great routes. 2.His hands are questionable.. sound like Ratley to me, the short time we've seen him

I know, I am just pullin Aggie's wings.

I was curious to see what he has done in his couple of years in the league...so here are his stats:

Receiving & Rushing

• * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team All-Pro
  •  
  • Share & more

• Glossary
  Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       21 9 57 34 261 7.7 2 57 1.6 12.4 59.6% 4.6 4 1 0 1 0.3 0.0 0.2 38 6.9 262 2 0 2
2016 24 HOU wr 13 10 6 28 15 99 6.6 1 12 1.5 9.9 53.6% 3.5 3 0 0 1 0.0 0.0 0.3 18 5.5 99 1 0 1
2017 25 HOU wr 13 11 3 29 19 162 8.5 1 57 1.7 14.7 65.5% 5.6 1 1 0 1 1.0 0.1 0.1 20 8.2 163 1 0 1

And here are his stats as a returner:

Kick & Punt Returns

Games Punt Returns Kick Returns  
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Ret Yds TD Lng Y/R Rt Yds TD Lng Y/Rt APYd
Career       21 9 4 13 0 8 3.3 3 41 0 17 13.7 316
2016 24 HOU wr 13 10 6 1 1 0 1 1.0 3 41 0 17 13.7 141
2017 25 HOU wr 13 11 3 3 12 0 8 4.0           175

Not very productive...but then....not a lot of chances either.   4 rushes in 2 years.  4 punt returns and 3 KO returns.   And a minor actor in the DATs passing game.

So...yeah, he has a lot to prove in these two preseason games and the practices if he is going to be a member of the Cleveland Browns.

55 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I was curious to see what he has done in his couple of years in the league...so here are his stats:

Receiving & Rushing

• * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team All-Pro
  •  
  • Share & more

• Glossary
  Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       21 9 57 34 261 7.7 2 57 1.6 12.4 59.6% 4.6 4 1 0 1 0.3 0.0 0.2 38 6.9 262 2 0 2
2016 24 HOU wr 13 10 6 28 15 99 6.6 1 12 1.5 9.9 53.6% 3.5 3 0 0 1 0.0 0.0 0.3 18 5.5 99 1 0 1
2017 25 HOU wr 13 11 3 29 19 162 8.5 1 57 1.7 14.7 65.5% 5.6 1 1 0 1 1.0 0.1 0.1 20 8.2 163 1 0 1

And here are his stats as a returner:

Kick & Punt Returns

Games Punt Returns Kick Returns  
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Ret Yds TD Lng Y/R Rt Yds TD Lng Y/Rt APYd
Career       21 9 4 13 0 8 3.3 3 41 0 17 13.7 316
2016 24 HOU wr 13 10 6 1 1 0 1 1.0 3 41 0 17 13.7 141
2017 25 HOU wr 13 11 3 3 12 0 8 4.0           175

Not very productive...but then....not a lot of chances either.   4 rushes in 2 years.  4 punt returns and 3 KO returns.   And a minor actor in the DATs passing game.

So...yeah, he has a lot to prove in these two preseason games and the practices if he is going to be a member of the Cleveland Browns.

Yup- Gip- I had already looked up those stats... Why I posted he's an extreme long shot to make the team...... I suppose we can root for him to make it because he's an Ohio guy (OSU) and not only that, local to Dayton- Wayne HS.   

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/cleveland-browns-sign-former-wayne-ohio-state-standout/oNCY1rFbtU4ravFwlmj3VL/

5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Just speculating here but how much of a reach would it be for him to go on the other side of the line. Say safety or CB?  He’s a helluva good athlete. 

as a buckeye he had shoulder concerns.. twice..Nfl it's been concussions..more than twice..maybe not a good combination when asked to tackle..knowing Braxton's past mindset..he'd be game with it though  

Biggest stat? Missed 11 games in 2 years... then out of football in 2018 (cut by Eagles).

He had some moments as a slot receiver in HOU, but the man can't stay healthy.