THE BROWNS BOARD

On The Cover Of The Rolling Stone.......

Orion

I always loved that song!

One thing for sure our Brownies have raised the bar really high this year from here to Las Vegas..... speaking of Vegas, from our friends at Vegas Insiders on 8/21/2019:

ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 SUPER BOWL LIV (2/2/20)
Team Odds
Kansas City Chiefs 6/1
New England Patriots 6/1
Chicago Bears 12/1
Indianapolis Colts 12/1
Los Angeles Rams 12/1
New Orleans Saints 12/1
Philadelphia Eagles 12/1
Cleveland Browns........ our guys! --------> 18/1
Dallas Cowboys 18/1
Los Angeles Chargers 18/1
Green Bay Packers 20/1
Minnesota Vikings 20/1
Pittsburgh Steelers and not far behind..... 20/1
Atlanta Falcons 30/1
Seattle Seahawks 30/1
Baltimore Ravens....... eh? 40/1
Houston Texans 40/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 40/1
Oakland Raiders 40/1
San Francisco 49ers 40/1
Carolina Panthers 50/1
New York Jets 60/1
Denver Broncos 80/1
Tennessee Titans 80/1
Buffalo Bills 100/1
Detroit Lions 100/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 100/1
Arizona Cardinals 200/1
Cincinnati Bengals.......long long shots 200/1
New York Giants 200/1
Washington Redskins 200/1
Miami Dolphins...the Marlins of the football world.  500/1

Somebody had to 😎 

Kitchens may own this 8 track from a former Alabama'in..Chickasaw? i believe..Music trivia for the youngsters..Ray Sawyer was the real name of aka Dr.Hook..Ray wore a patch over his right eye after surviving a near fatal car crash in Oregon in 1967..Sawyer died at age 81 in Daytona Beach,Fla. in 2015..🙏          

• Thanks 1

We should of learned our lesson with Hillis and the Madden curse on those E,A, sports games, everybody knew that curse was real, Hillis had 1 good year, won the cover of Madden and then wha happened? I mean really somebody please tell me what happened?  Still a mystery to this day what happened. 

4 hours ago, medicineman said:

We should of learned our lesson with Hillis and the Madden curse on those E,A, sports games, everybody knew that curse was real, Hillis had 1 good year, won the cover of Madden and then wha happened? I mean really somebody please tell me what happened?  Still a mystery to this day what happened. 

You should check out the SI curse. It goes back farther and is way scarier than the Madden game. 

5 hours ago, medicineman said:

I was shocked he got it in the first place, I mean he had a good year but we only won 4 games, and a couple of those wins were against 2 of the top teams but still only 4 wins

He was a white RB, that's why he won. 

Didn't he pretty much go off the reservation the next season, faking injuries or illnesses and threatening to retire to become a FBI agent or something? 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

How is the Madden game scary? 

Well played.

I hate these covers. We have done nothing.

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

You should check out the SI curse. It goes back farther and is way scarier than the Madden game. 

I never even heard of the SI curse until I read about it from you Dawgs, so I looked it up and DAMN that is more insane than the Madden garbage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, medicineman said:

I never even heard of the SI curse until I read about it from you Dawgs, so I looked it up and DAMN that is more insane than the Madden garbage 

1975 Undefeated #2 Texas A&M had just beaten #5 Texas and was put on the cover of SI. Arky beat 'em badly in Fayetteville the following week in the last game of the regular season. F'N SI!! 😡Best shot we had in my lifetime for #1. 10 of the 11 defensive starters went on to NFL careers.

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He was a white RB, that's why he won. 

Didn't he pretty much go off the reservation the next season, faking injuries or illnesses and threatening to retire to become a FBI agent or something? 

He went off the deep end and left for a bigger payday if I remember right then got injured and flopped...

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Our last NFL Championship came with a QB wearing #13.

I don't believe in voodoo.  

Cool, ever play with coconuts and vinegar?  I think voodoo is a religious thing tho.  

I merely referred to the much publicized and ballyhooed Sports Illustrated cover curse. Google it. It’s interesting. Hard to disbelieve stuff that happened

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I merely referred to the much publicized and ballyhooed Sports Illustrated cover curse. Google it. It’s interesting. Hard to disbelieve stuff that happened

lol,  Don't have to google it.  I'm  more than well aware of the SI curse,  and the 3 rivers stadium curse,  and step on a crack and break your mother's back,  and ya have to step on 3rd base on your way to the dugout from the field.  I just don't believe in any of it.  Nor have I seen any space aliens.  

Between Madden and SI there have been a few notable cursed or jinxed...... but it is sports.

is-the-madden-curse-the-real-deal-or-just-amazing-bad-luck-body-image-1439982893-size_1000.jpg

tim-couch-214x292.jpg

sportsillustrated90s-1600.jpg

19 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

1975 Undefeated #2 Texas A&M had just beaten #5 Texas and was put on the cover of SI. Arky beat 'em badly in Fayetteville the following week in the last game of the regular season. F'N SI!! 😡Best shot we had in my lifetime for #1. 10 of the 11 defensive starters went on to NFL careers.

Bubba Bean!

Z

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2019 at 2:51 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

1975 was an unusual year one loss Oklahoma won the NC and the undefeated #1 BUCKEYES choked in the Rose Bowl.

For the second year, the final UPI Coaches Poll was released after the bowl games, on January 2, 1976.[16]
Oklahoma received 21 of the 36 first-place votes; Alabama received seven, Arizona State five, and Ohio State three.[17]

Ranking Team Conference Bowl
1 Oklahoma Big Eight Won Orange, 14–6
2 Arizona State WAC Won Fiesta, 17–14
3 Alabama SEC Won Sugar, 13–6
4 Ohio State Big Ten Lost Rose, 10–23
5 UCLA Pac-8 Won Rose, 23–10
6 Arkansas Southwest Won Cotton, 31–10
7 Texas Southwest Won Bluebonnet, 38–21
8 Michigan Big Ten Lost Orange, 6–14
9 Nebraska Big Eight Lost Fiesta, 14–17
10 Penn State Independent Lost Sugar, 6–13
11 Maryland ACC Won Gator, 13–0