THE BROWNS BOARD

Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch

The Gipper

I know this is going to come to a shock to some, but articles that do not necessarily paint people or events that you support in a glowing manner are not necessarily "fake" or "clickbait" just because you don't like the message. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know this is going to come to a shock to some, but articles that do not necessarily paint people or events that you support in a glowing manner are not necessarily "fake" or "clickbait" just because you don't like the message. 

Sure....but in this case...it seems fromsome  reports that the quotes in this article were spliced together to seem to be a complete disparagement of Jones by Baker, when perhaps it could be further from the truth.

Baker did say it blew his mind that Jones was taken with #6 overall....but that may have been more of a complement to Jones.  Like "It blew my mind that Jones was taken #6...good for him, he is like me who no one expected to be drafted as high as I was"   Baker definitely says that that is what he meant. 

But then the splice came with the quote that "sometimes winning has to count"   And he was, per him, referring to himself.  That it was time for him to start winning. As a starter I believe he had a  6-7 record.  He says that he stated the he needed to start winning....but apparently the "you need to start winning" seemed, in the article, to apply to Jones's record in college....and not to himself. 

So...if in fact that disingenuous tactic WAS employed in this article....or if people "interpreting" the article reported that those statements applied to Jones and not to himself....then that IS false reporting....and would have been done perhaps to just stir up shit...and be click bait. 

So maybe someone can find and post what Baker had to say about the situation.

On 8/20/2019 at 9:08 PM, The Gipper said:

Baker said it blew him away that the Giants took  Daniel Jones at #6 in the draft.  The media today got on him about supposedly "getting in another player's business".   Of course, all Baker said was what EVERY single member of the national media,  every Giants fan, and every NFL fan said about the drafting of Daniel Jones at #6.  

Yeah, about 95% of Giants fans wanted to run their GM out of town when he selected Jones at #6. It was a shock to everyone.

Media does that all the time.  For example, that Colin Cowherd hack likes to attack certain things about Baker since he continued to be wrong about Baker's leadership and talent.  Hack makes sure he doesn't talk about baker and his wife delivering Christmas gifts to under-privileged kids and families in Cleveland or impacting the life of a young girl to the extent he showed up to speak at her funeral service.  Those would be far too mature to sell his audience Baker has a great side to him as well.

1 day I was home from work and changed the channel to his show while he was ranting how Baker only beat 1 winning team and blabbed that about 7 of his TD passes were against the Bengals. Meanwhile, he wanted his audience to feel sorry for Darnold going to a bad team.  In doing so, he sure stayed away from the reality Baker went to the team that was 0-16 in 2017 and 1-15 in 2016.  Meatball on spaghetti, Cleveland didn't win either of their first 2 games in 2018 while Baker entered the 3rd game with a 14-0 deficit vrs Darnold's Jets - that Baker led us to victory over.  Telling ALL of the story erases the juice he angled up against Baker. 

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Flugel said:

Yeah, about 95% of Giants fans wanted to run their GM out of town when he selected Jones at #6. It was a shock to everyone.

Media does that all the time.  For example, that Colin Cowherd hack likes to attack certain things about Baker since he continued to be wrong about Baker's leadership and talent.  Hack makes sure he doesn't talk about baker and his wife delivering Christmas gifts to under-privileged kids and families in Cleveland or impacting the life of a young girl to the extent he showed up to speak at her funeral service.  Those would be far too mature to sell his audience Baker has a great side to him as well.

1 day I was home from work and changed the channel to his show while he was ranting how Baker only beat 1 winning team and blabbed that about 7 of his TD passes were against the Bengals. Meanwhile, he wanted his audience to feel sorry for Darnold going to a bad team.  In doing so, he sure stayed away from the reality Baker went to the team that was 0-16 in 2017 and 1-15 in 2016.  Meatball on spaghetti, Cleveland didn't win either of their first 2 games in 2018 while Baker entered the 3rd game with a 14-0 deficit vrs Darnold's Jets - that Baker led us to victory over.  Telling ALL of the story erases the juice he angled up against Baker. 

Cowherd isn't going to change, he is dug in. Baker could go on and break Bradys records and it would be how much talent he has around him, he NEEDS all these things to win, if Darnold had the same guys he would win even more etc.

Take Cowherd out of it because it obviously doesn't matter what Baker does, but before Baker clarified that it was somewhat taken out of context, they have a bit of a point. And its not like it is unprecedented that people are talked about being wrong for comments they made about other players. Jalen Ramsey last year was about the same thing. To me, there is a difference in most people giving negative comments and peers. I could be wrong, but I think the discussion would have happened if it were others besides Baker. I don't think it was about him. And this doesn't subject doesn't matter to me if its football or any other job. Since we know what Gipper job is/was I'll use it in an example. I could see a bit of an issue if he were talking amongst colleagues and said an opposing lawyer/judge wasnt good, but if he is quoted somewhere saying such things I would think there would be some backlash.

Once Bakers comments came out about not being what it seems and clarified I don't see much of anything wrong with it

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Cowherd isn't going to change, he is dug in. Baker could go on and break Bradys records and it would be how much talent he has around him, he NEEDS all these things to win, if Darnold had the same guys he would win even more etc.

Take Cowherd out of it because it obviously doesn't matter what Baker does, but before Baker clarified that it was somewhat taken out of context, they have a bit of a point. And its not like it is unprecedented that people are talked about being wrong for comments they made about other players. Jalen Ramsey last year was about the same thing. To me, there is a difference in most people giving negative comments and peers. I could be wrong, but I think the discussion would have happened if it were others besides Baker. I don't think it was about him. And this doesn't subject doesn't matter to me if its football or any other job. Since we know what Gipper job is/was I'll use it in an example. I could see a bit of an issue if he were talking amongst colleagues and said an opposing lawyer/judge wasnt good, but if he is quoted somewhere saying such things I would think there would be some backlash.

Once Bakers comments came out about not being what it seems and clarified I don't see much of anything wrong with it

Lawyers talk shit about each other all the time 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Lawyers talk shit about each other all the time 

Lol, I am sure they do amongst themselves, but as a lawyer/judge would you actually be able to be quoted as saying such things?

As a coach, I can think someone from an opposing team is doing a bad job with their players. I would probably talk about it amongst the other coaches with me, but I would never say it to the other guys face, in a public forum, or anywhere that I could be quoted as saying such.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Lol, I am sure they do amongst themselves, but as a lawyer/judge would you actually be able to be quoted as saying such things?

As a coach, I can think someone from an opposing team is doing a bad job with their players. I would probably talk about it amongst the other coaches with me, but I would never say it to the other guys face, in a public forum, or anywhere that I could be quoted as saying such.

Very true. No coach would ever tell another team that a player is awful that they mite try to trade. 

8 hours ago, medicineman said:

Very true. No coach would ever tell another team that a player is awful that they mite try to trade. 

Wasn't where I was going with it, as I couldn't and wouldn't trade my players, I was going off of the profession. Not saying something bad about an opposing coach where it could get back to him

14 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Happens all the time.

Well...who do you think files malpractice claims against a lawyer?  Other lawyers.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

To the 2nd part, that is obviously a different situation. That is something that would seem to need to be done. 

Completely different than just saying something negative.

But lawyer may be a bad example because of some of what the job entails. Maybe judge is a better example. I have no clue if there would ever be a reason for a judge to talk about another to be quoted? And take out differences of being on different sides of an issue (like when SCOTUS were being appointed and their views on political issues), would judges really just make their view known publicly on if a judge isnt very good, not deserving, etc?

There are certain instances in jobs where it is necessary to voice an opinion like that, i.e. recomend Drs, etc. But I don't think when an opinion isnt necessary that need to go negative. Again that is off of the original reports, not after it was clarified 

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Wasn't where I was going with it, as I couldn't and wouldn't trade my players, I was going off of the profession. Not saying something bad about an opposing coach where it could get back to him

Didn't the 49ers Coach do that to the media about Vernon Davis a few years back? When they had Mike S as head coach and he had that big melt down?

14 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Bacon is a world class idiot.  I really don't care as long as he produces on the field.  Friday's preseason game wasn't great

FIFY.

Mike

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, medicineman said:

Didn't the 49ers Coach do that to the media about Vernon Davis a few years back? When they had Mike S as head coach and he had that big melt down?

Not sure? If he did I would feel the same way. I love Baker, and like I said not much issue with it once he responded back about it. But I also am not the kind of person who sees nothing wrong with something if it is something/someone I like but have an issue with it if it's not something/someone I like. If Big Ben doesn't something I dislike or don't agree with, if Baker does the same thing its just as wrong.

4 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Baker is a world class idiot.  I really don't care as long as he produces on the field.  Friday's preseason game wasn't great

He only played a half and he did keep us in he game, no touchdowns but got us in a position to add a field goal a couple times. I would like to think had he played the entire game and had it been a real game we would of won and had more than 12 points. 

8 hours ago, medicineman said:

He only played a half and he did keep us in he game, no touchdowns but got us in a position to add a field goal a couple times. I would like to think had he played the entire game and had it been a real game we would of won and had more than 12 points. 

And had Garrett played more than one series, we would have had more opportunities for Baker. That D is awesome when all the starters are there and the same will be said of the O when all the receivers are on the field.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Baker's offseason comments will fuel the discussion of his 3 INT lackluster performance.  As a Sooner fan the Baker relationship was love/hate in part because of his antics. Just show up and play football.  I know many Browns fans think he's "keeping' it real" but he comments on stuff that don't do him, the team or the organization and help.  I hope he grows as a person and a player but I hoped for that when he was at Oklahoma.

15 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Baker's offseason comments will fuel the discussion of his 3 INT lackluster performance.  As a Sooner fan the Baker relationship was love/hate in part because of his antics. Just show up and play football.  I know many Browns fans think he's "keeping' it real" but he comments on stuff that don't do him, the team or the organization and help.  I hope he grows as a person and a player but I hoped for that when he was at Oklahoma.

He got humbled big time and as the old saying goes, put your money where your mouth is. It's time starting next Monday night.🤑