THE BROWNS BOARD

What the left wants to happen with red flag laws everywhere

calfoxwc

they figure it will force Americans to give up their God-given 2nd Amendment rights out of fear:

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/08/florida-man-has-firearms-rights-taken-away-over-mistaken-identity/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=d03799fb1c-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-d03799fb1c-20770865#axzz5x3W1SMOa

you watch. no due process? it's a giant door for lefties to dishonestly and happily walk through.

19 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Trump likes red flag laws and has said “take the guns first, due process later”. So you better hope it never comes across his desk.

Pick your poison. The dems want red flag laws and gun confiscation. Many republicans seem to be on the red flag laws bandwagon but are not wanting to see some semi automatics banned and gun confiscation. I'm concerned in the end we will end up with both. We know that red flag laws are not going to stop the next mass shooting and when it happens the next step in gun control will be banning or confiscation of guns. 

Trump I think misreads the NRA on this saying they will either support him or stand neutral. I think they will fight him on it. I'm still a big fan of the NRA although Wayne LaPierre (who I used) to like needs to be replaced.

Trump likes red flag laws and has said “take the guns first, due process later”. So you better hope it never comes across his desk. Logic

I know, but he did not say he approved of mistaken identity being allowed, so we better hope he makes sure that does NOT happen.

Any action has to be double-checked, reviewed, and there has to be accountability.

The left wants these problems. It fits their agenda. I'm not against LEGIT well written red flag laws either.

But a lot of people have the same name. Computer-wise, I wrote a software for a company once, that imported new giant ASCII databases into current databases, and there would be "J. Q. Smith" with the same street name, but different zip code. "John Smith" could be the same as "John Q. Smith" and "J. Q. Smith" Different birthdays, Father-son, same name. etc etc.

They had had several "experts" and nonexperts come in to write it, and they all failed miserably to get started. I didn't have an easy time of it, but I completed it in six months, like I said I would. As a last resort, my software kicked a relatively very small anomaly list, those that couldn't accurately be resolved.

"red flagging" ...deliberate false claims, will happen, don't discount it. Just like "swatting". There sure as hell better be accuracy, and serious legal consequences for being wrong, especially liars for whatever vengeful reasons.

The left would LOVE mistakes to be made, to intimidate and frighten and damage those with guns.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I know, but he did not say he approved of mistaken identity being allowed, so we better hope he makes sure that does NOT happen.

Any action has to be double-checked, reviewed, and there has to be accountability.

The left wants these problems. It fits their agenda. I'm not against LEGIT well written red flag laws either.

But a lot of people have the same name. Computer-wise, I wrote a software for a company once, that imported new giant ASCII databases into current databases, and there would be "J. Q. Smith" with the same street name, but different zip code. "John Smith" could be the same as "John Q. Smith" and "J. Q. Smith" Different birthdays, Father-son, same name. etc etc.

They had had several "experts" and nonexperts come in to write it, and they all failed miserably to get started. I didn't have an easy time of it, but I completed it in six months, like I said I would. As a last resort, my software kicked a relatively very small anomaly list, those that couldn't accurately be resolved.

"red flagging" ...deliberate false claims, will happen, don't discount it. Just like "swatting". There sure as hell better be accuracy, and serious legal consequences for being wrong, especially liars for whatever vengeful reasons.

The left would LOVE mistakes to be made, to intimidate and frighten and damage those with guns.

I posted earlier I didn't think the NRA would support red flag laws (without looking up the NRA position on red flag laws) and it appears they will support them on conditions (much like you have posted): 

The NRA says that it supports the idea of these laws in general, but opposes the specific versions that have recently passed state legislatures.  The NRA’s position is:

• Anyone subject to an ERPO should have the opportunity to challenge the order with full due-process protections in place.
  • An order that confiscates firearms should only be granted when a judge makes the determination, by clear and convincing evidence, that the person poses a significant risk of danger to themselves or others.
  • The judge should concurrently make a determination of whether the person meets the state standard for involuntary commitment.
  • Whether or not the person meets the state standard for involuntary commitment, the person subject to the ERPO should receive mental-health treatment.
  • The process should allow firearms to be retained by law-abiding third parties, local law enforcement, or a federally licensed firearms dealer when an individual is ordered to relinquish such firearms.
  • There should be a mechanism in place for the return of firearms upon termination of an ERPO.
  • The process should include criminal penalties for those who bring false or frivolous charges.

So far, none of the states that recently passed ERPO laws — including California, Oregon, Vermont — have met the NRA’s criteria, nor do the bills introduced in Texas and Tennessee this year.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/nra-state-red-flag-laws-due-process/

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2019 at 12:26 PM, Vambo said:

They need to fix the laws they have in place that are not being used properly.  If they can't use what they have how are more going to do any good?

Jim-Jordan-on-the-problem-with-red-flag-