Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OldBrownsFan

THAT DIDN'T AGE WELL #21: TRUMP CURSE IN MEDIA PART 1

Recommended Posts

I'm sure that had nothing to do with them being written forms of media (that are fading across the board) and everything to do with a negative article on Trump at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm sure that had nothing to do with them being written forms of media (that are fading across the board) and everything to do with a negative article on Trump at some point.

You might be right the vid was just for fun but there is a larger point of why some liberals feel compelled to get out of their lanes to attack Trump? What purpose does it serve to unnecessarily offend a good portion of your customer base? 

I would say the same thing with ESPN. There are likely a number of reasons they have lost viewers but I  wouldn't discount becoming too political as one of the factors. ESPN must think that themselves because they have recently been taking steps to be less poltical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh geez not the ESPN thing again. At least you've moved on from "they're losing viewers because of their liberal politics!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh geez not the ESPN thing again. At least you've moved on from "they're losing viewers because of their liberal politics!"

But what does ESPN say themselves about being too political:

ESPN president: 'Our fans do not want us to cover politics'

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/444823-espn-president-our-fans-do-not-want-us-to-cover-politics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

But what does ESPN say themselves about being too political:

ESPN president: 'Our fans do not want us to cover politics'

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/444823-espn-president-our-fans-do-not-want-us-to-cover-politics

LOL.

the woodpecker got his beak twisted over that one.web_120588_web.jpg?itok=qxa4VJVB

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This board would have made you believe the entire decline of ESPN was because they said critical things of Trump. There are a handful of reasons. Having less political talk is smart regardless. Less bad press, legitimate or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

This board would have made you believe the entire decline of ESPN was because they said critical things of Trump. There are a handful of reasons. Having less political talk is smart regardless. Less bad press, legitimate or not.

The bottom line is the president of ESPN himself thought it was enough of a problem to address it and try to correct it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

This board would have made you believe the entire decline of ESPN was because they said critical things of Trump. There are a handful of reasons. Having less political talk is smart regardless. Less bad press, legitimate or not.

which is nonsense, what you spew most always. It started with soft-pedaling a few cranky hater players kneeling in disrespect to our Flag and Anthem and country. You don't understand anything - the black power salute during the olympics was 50 years ago - that, since you probably don't know, was before PRes Trump became president.

 
 
Mexico City, Oct. 18--The United States Olympic Committee suspended Tommie Smith and John Carlos today for having used last Wednesday's victory ...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyswan/2017/10/11/espns-politics-are-killing-its-brand/#1f0b3b4f1429

"if we take a look at the chart below from LikeFolio, we can see social media consumer sentiment at ESPN dropping from 62% all the way down to 41% positive in the last month alone: "

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

MAD Magazine has shit on every president that has been in office. It was their thing. That said, papers and magazines are going the way of disco because of the internet.

No, it's because they said mean things about Trump

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

MAD Magazine has shit on every president that has been in office. It was their thing. That said, papers and magazines are going the way of disco because of the internet.

And I would not disagree with that but generally speaking if am selling a product the last thing I would want to do is to inject divisive politics into my product knowing it might alienate a good portion of customers. I would think the same way as an entertainer. Why would I want to turn off a good portion of my fans by interjecting politics? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And I would not disagree with that but generally speaking if am selling a product the last thing I would want to do is to inject divisive politics into my product knowing it might alienate a good portion of customers. I would think the same way as an entertainer. Why would I want to turn off a good portion of my fans by interjecting politics? 

Generally, I am with you. But if you are giving it to both sides like Mad has been apt to do then no particular side should be whining unless they are just prone to whining (i.e. the types of people who take to Youtube to whine about a cartoon book).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Just search "hillary" and "mad magazine", you will see that obviously they have taken their shots at her.

I wouldn't argue about Mad magazine but I would on something like Saturday Night Live who does take shots at both sides but not equally or fairly. SNL clearly leans left in their material. 

Rob Schneider Says ‘Saturday Night Live’ Overt Liberal Politics Hurt Its Comedy

https://deadline.com/2018/04/rob-schneider-says-saturday-night-live-liberal-politics-hurt-its-comedy-1202378832/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×