THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns @ Colts Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!  😀  Our 2019 Cleveland Browns has arrived and stayed in Indiana since Tuesday Night this week, to participate in joint team practices with the Indianapolis Colts in preparation for their Week 2 preseason game tonight.  Both the Browns and Colts had two joint practices on Wednesday and Thursday at the Grand Park Sports Campus in nearby Westfield.

Colts lost at Buffalo 24-16, while the Browns defeated the Redskins 30-10 in last week's Week 1 preseason action. Browns will try to win two games in a row since their undefeated and 4-0 preseason in 2017.

Browns won't see, and there has been news all week about Colts QB Andrew Luck, who is sidelined again with a combination of a calf and high ankle sprain. Third-year Colts QB Jacoby Brissett may start the rest of the preseason games, including this afternoon's game vs. the Browns, and there is uncertainty from Colts camp if Luck will be available to start Week 1 of the regular season in September.

Colts lead the all-time preseason series 6-2.   but the Colts won the last preseason meeting 27-6 back in August 2013.

This afternoon's game will be televised  and simulcast live,  locally in Cleveland on WEWS ABC Newschannel 5, regionally on the Browns Preseason Television Network, and nationally on The NFL Network.

Lucas Oil Stadiums roof will be closed,  because scattered thunderstorms at 82 degrees is the local gamecast for the 4:05 PM kickoff.

NO injuries to the Browns and Colts players attempting to earn and secure roster spots, for the upcoming regular season in September, and LET'S GO BROWNS!  BELIEVELAND!

https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-at-colts-how-to-watch-listen-stream-announcers-and-mo

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/how-to-watch-the-browns-game/how-to-watch-the-the-preseason-browns-game-against-the-indianapolis-colts/

https://nfl.com/gamecenter/2019081752/2019/PRE2/browns@colts

• Like 1

I've been in Israel and Palestine for 8 days in late July. Currently, I'm on a 4 day vacation in the east coast of Spain (close to Valencia). What are you guys up to? How is summer going?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

I've been in Israel and Palestine for 8 days in late July. Currently, I'm on a 4 day vacation in the east coast of Spain (close to Valencia). What are you guys up to? How is summer going?

Ironic-I just put a post on the gameday food thread about opening a bottle of wine for the game today from the Valencia area of Spain. I am envious. I met my wife in 9th grade in Valencia, Venezuela.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nero said:

What are you guys up to? How is summer going?

Concerts/fishing & playing golf..what's up nero..got any golf courses over there? Today the grandson turns 4🎂..his MaMa says he needs the real Tiger Woods starting kids golf clubs to play with Daddy on the big course(backyard)..Than that daughter of mine will use her own TV to become a Baker fan and not a Cam Newton fan..she can't kick her dad out wearing the Mayfield jersey..Still working on it after that beat down last season..but i hope to wrap this up by halftime 🍿🧔   

INDIANS at 1 pm Saturday and Sunday, BROWNS at 4 pm on Saturday.....a Cleveland double-header!

I’m looking forward to seeing how Myles Garret performs against arguably the best left side of an offensive line in the NFL.

Anthony Costanzo and Quentin Nelson are no slouches, and I hope for an injury free game.

Go Browns!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nero said:

Nero, that sounds like an incredible trip! I want more details! Lol. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’m looking forward to seeing how Myles Garret performs against arguably the best left side of an offensive line in the NFL.

Anthony Costanzo and Quentin Nelson are no slouches, and I hope for an injury free game.

Go Browns!

I don't THINK Nelson is playing due to minor injury. I'm interested to see what our first string DL does because they apparently beat the snot out of the Colts Thursday. 

7 hours ago, Nero said:

Nice,  Just out of curiosity...how far is it from where you live to Israel?    I too have been traveling....2 weeks in New England  (Maine and New Hampshire)...and a week in and around New York, New York USA

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Concerts/fishing & playing golf..what's up nero..got any golf courses over there? Today the grandson turns 4🎂..his MaMa says he needs the real Tiger Woods starting kids golf clubs to play with Daddy on the big course(backyard)..Than that daughter of mine will use her own TV to become a Baker fan and not a Cam Newton fan..she can't kick her dad out wearing the Mayfield jersey..Still working on it after that beat down last season..but i hope to wrap this up by halftime 🍿🧔   

Never played golf. But 15-30minutes north of Pamplona there are some very cool golf courses!

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Nero, that sounds like an incredible trip! I want more details! Lol. 

It was some kind of pilgrimage to visit the Holy Land. We slept in the Negeb, we swimmed in the Sea of Galilee, Dead Sea, 4 days in Jerusalem. An amazing trip, mostly if you are christian.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Nice,  Just out of curiosity...how far is it from where you live to Israel?    I too have been traveling....2 weeks in New England  (Maine and New Hampshire)...and a week in and around New York, New York USA

5 hour flight Madrid Tel-Aviv. Had to take a 4h 30min bus to Madrid. 

How was the weather in New England? I know it's a cold place, but in summer?

8 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

a bummer summer so far.  mother n law passed away on Thursday.  ready for some browns this year.

Sorry to hear that, my mother also passed away Thursday one week from her 89th birthday. Lost my mother-in-law on February 1 this year at 94.

1 minute ago, LBC mike said:

and u had a long stay in hospital too right?

That was 15 weeks this year, tough stay!

2 hours ago, Nero said:

5 hour flight Madrid Tel-Aviv. Had to take a 4h 30min bus to Madrid. 

How was the weather in New England? I know it's a cold place, but in summer?

I was thinking more in terms of how many miles. And the weather in New England is nice this time of year especially on the coast of Maine where it’s a lot cooler than most of the rest of the country which can be hot and sweltering. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

It was some kind of pilgrimage to visit the Holy Land. We slept in the Negeb, we swimmed in the Sea of Galilee, Dead Sea, 4 days in Jerusalem. An amazing trip, mostly if you are christian.

You don’t have to be a Christian too have enjoyed that trip I don’t think. I am basically a lapsed Catholic/Christian but I would have enjoyed seeing all the sights

48 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You don’t have to be a Christian too have enjoyed that trip I don’t think. I am basically a lapsed Catholic/Christian but I would have enjoyed seeing all the sights

I meant to say "even more". My fault