THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon reinstated again

Alkid3

EUD8.gif  7nYQ.gif    Belch-i-check "even i know he's a dope. but my owner needed another boner" how many times can ya suspend a 5th chance..the bum will be suspended till the Browns come to town--fuc*'em   

52 minutes ago, beare said:

its strange to me they talked lifetime ban but cause he is with patriots he gets reinstated

Isn't that somethin' though.  With us, it's a 10 game suspension.  With the Pat's, he can play in game 1.  < shakes head >

From what I understand he never failed another drug test he just walked away (again) but IDK it seems all the information is hidden and nobody is even asking what made him walk away last season right after a game that he never really played much and was not even out there on the final play when it was up for grabs.

46 minutes ago, medicineman said:

But why are we even talking about him? He don't wear Brown and Orange so he don't matter 

normally id agree but im a little miffed here as to the lack of severity in the punishment this time when the only variable is the jersey. Is goodell like well the "tuff love" approach didn't work so let's fondle his nuts maybe that'll teach him!!  wtf?   man this league is so dirty....

4 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

It didn't take him long but now he's a patriot. Wish him the best.  🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Guy has more NFL lives than the proverbial nine of a cat. I agree with some of the conspiracy theories. I wouldn't bet against him playing in all 16 games- now that he's on the Patriots. 

54 minutes ago, medicineman said:

But why are we even talking about him? He don't wear Brown and Orange so he don't matter 

I'ts why people stop and slow down to gawk at a car wreck.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Guy has more NFL lives than the proverbial nine of a cat. I agree with some of the conspiracy theories. I wouldn't bet against him playing in all 16 games- now that he's on the Patriots. 

I'ts why people stop and slow down to gawk at a car wreck.

Out of topic, but I think it is very curious... In Spain we say cats have seven! 

About Gordon. Bets. When will we hear about him edging a suspension or having trouble with the Patriots? I say game 5.

7 hours ago, medicineman said:

The job of deciding what we should and should not talk about on this board is already filled (with aplomb) by Gipper…. 😁

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I wouldn't bet against him playing in all 16 games- now that he's on the Patriots.

Larry, he was on the Patriots last year when football wasn't his priority once again.  It's like the knucklehead that watches the 1st Rocky movie countless times thinking if he just watches it in another theater that Rocky might finally win.  Do you know how much money I wasted? 

They don't cure every tin man without a heart in NE, right Kenny Britt?   Kenny?

The didn't even get uno out of Ochocinco.  They just got No-show Sinko'd.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Larry, he was on the Patriots last year when football wasn't his priority once again.  It's like the knucklehead that watches the 1st Rocky movie countless times thinking if he just watches it in another theater that Rocky might finally win.  Do you know how much money I wasted? 

They don't cure every tin man without a heart in NE, right Kenny Britt?   Kenny?

The didn't even get uno out of Ochocinco.  They just got No-show Sinko'd.

Ocho Stinko is the most overrated WR I ever saw.. He was chickenshit.. And avoided going over the middle whenever he could.. He always came of as a loudmouth who in truth.. Is a soft man...

It's no secret that I've always been enamored with the physical gifts possessed by Gordon, and even though we tried over and over again to keep him on our active roster, it never worked out. Maybe it's because I work with people experiencing addiction problems, and I know how much damage drugs can cause, and perhaps I just simply love a good redemption story, but I know I'll always root for this guy to get his life together. 

Has he been given a ton of chances? Of course. But here's the thing, and this matters...Josh has to pass a bunch of drug tests each month when he's reinstated into the league. He wouldn't BE reinstated if he hasn't been passing these tests and doing the work. Going to counseling, therapy, group sessions, and also maintaining a ridiculous level of physical performance is NOT easy people. This is a very sick man, and he's also dealing with child support issues, custody crap, and all the while trying to piece his life together. What he's trying to do is not easy, and I want people to understand that. To many, it might seem like "All he has to do is stop smoking pot", but it's so much more than that. 

Josh let us down, and nobody knows that more than him. He's a greatly flawed man, but you know what? So am I. I'm still rooting for him and I probably always will. That being said, I totally understand why our fans are over this guy, and I really don't blame them. The good news for us is that we got a little bit of compensation, and now the Patriots fans get to check the news wire every day and pray they don't see a Gordon headline. 

This is such bullshit. He fails a test in Cleveland , and you suspend him a year then does it in New England , and you just let him come back in. I don’t wanna hear pats fans complain the NFL is against them

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, nickers said:

This is such bullshit. He fails a test in Cleveland , and you suspend him a year then does it in New England , and you just let him come back in. I don’t wanna hear pats fans complain the NFL is against them

Absolutely....and on a time or two here in Cleveland he didn't even fail a test....he just checked himself in for help...and he gets 10 games to a year.  It clearly has the appearance of favoritism toward the Patriots.  Clearly.  But I say, again, that despite the Pats troubles of the field....Spygate, Deflategate. Handjob/blowjob gate....the Pats still get preferential treatment by the league because of Kraft's apparent standing among NFL owners.   And why Jimmy Haslam would not call the league on it?  I don't know.....either because he is a big pussy or because he is a newer owner in the league and is told to keep in his place

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The decision Gordon has to make should be an easy call. Does he want to stay clean for a few years, play to his best ability and rake in millions of dollars that should set him up nicely for the rest of his life or be broke and penniless a few years down the road? 

He's answered that question many times already.  It's been Groundhog Day with him.

He doesn't try very hard.......at anything......he's dumb as a stump.......I don't care how articulate he can be. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Clearly our cats are better than your cats! 

Well they certainly are harder to kill.   :lol: