THE BROWNS BOARD

Sleeping on Ravens

Icecube

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Tom... Anybody with an ounce of intelligence knows they can't keep this up forever.. You can't be that one dimensional and expect to be consistent.. Defense will load the box and push him to the side where he has the least success..  Remember what Sam Rutigliano said... "There are no old running QB's in the NFL ' and it's true..... If Lamar doesnt become a better passer than he is.. His career will be a very short one.. Then the Ratbirds are back at Square one.. It could be that the team was tired of Flacco , knowing his Skills were diminishing....  Trust me.. That fake ass QB won't make it half the season...

IDK, Vick lasted pretty long in the NFL, even having missed a few years over the dog crimes. AND, Vick even admitted he did almost no studying and had a bad work ethic. Jackson seems to be better in that area. I also am not sold on the "super athletic" QBs who can't become a pocket passer. But Steve Young did make the transition. And I'd have to say Randall Cunningham did too (i.e his days in MN). Regardless, even if LJ won't make the transformation to becoming more of a passer and there are "no old running QBs," LJ isn't old now, and won't become old this season either.

If he doesn't pick up his passing game, teams will gameplan to slow him down (see the Chargers, although he almost came back in that game). But I believe their mauling power rushing and OL play and always stout defense will still win them some games and make them a contender.  Even with all the rule changes and interpretations to help passing games, this is still a physical biz, and teams can still win on being very physical, which Balt. still is. 

19 hours ago, gumby73 said:

To you and to others..who do we think does more with less talent from the coaching side? John Harbaugh or Tomlin? Harbaugh seems more gameplan prepared than others imo.. individual players taped up I lean towards Harbaugh also..I want to see what John does with some missing pieces now on that defense..we may get our answers

It's not even close. Hairball owns Tomlin in almost every phase. All Tomlin has is catchy quips and virtually nothing else. By all reports, he let that team turn into a clown show, with idiots like AB doing whatever they wanted. I'd take Hairball 100 out of 100 times. 

• Upvote 1