THE BROWNS BOARD

Sleeping on Ravens

Icecube

if ya ask Belicheck? he'd tell ya to worry about the Titans week one.(i agree)...Ravens open in Miami & play at KC before us in week 4.(am still looking tickets)..Our loaded box will look different with Richardson & Vernon now lining up at Yanda's side, who Lamar feeds off the most..WR M.Brown will have Ward & Greedy that can press cause Lamar has no deep ball..M.Wilson should load up covering their TE's..Do you remember the look on 🧔 face shaking Lamar's hand at end of Season?..Get your 🍿 ready!! cause the NFL will be on notice week 4, flushing some Rat turds in Balt-more 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

if ya ask Belicheck? he'd tell ya to worry about the Titans week one.(i agree)...Ravens open in Miami & play at KC before us in week 5.(am still looking tickets)..Our loaded box will look different with Richardson & Vernon now lining up at Yanda's side, who Lamar feeds off the most..WR M.Brown will have Ward & Greedy that can press cause Lamar has no deep ball..M.Wilson should load up covering their TE's..Do you remember the look on 🧔 face shaking Lamar's hand at end of Season?..Get your 🍿 ready!! cause the NFL will be on notice week 5, flushing some Rat turds in Balt-more 

I would say that every team is a pro team. Hence the any given Sunday saying. That used to be the way we won a game or two a season. Hopefully that shoe is on the other foot now

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

I'm going to hibernate on them. Just like any other run first QB they will get figured out. 

Speaking of run first QBs- anyone else see Kyler Murray's highlights? Make that lowlights. Sacked for a safety. Thought he did a most excellent DeShone Kizer impersonation. Missing guys by 10 yards. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Speaking of run first QBs- anyone else see Kyler Murray's highlights? Make that lowlights. Sacked for a safety. Thought he did a most excellent DeShone Kizer impersonation. Missing guys by 10 yards. 

He reminded me of Kessler taking the safety his rookie preseason. 

• Haha 1

even if we are technically csstly more talented oversll than the ravens....those are two games im deeply cincerned about because of the physicality of that o line. Hopefully baker csn torch them early and force them to throw. Otherwise our interior DL rotation may get exposed. Thst interior o line wore our guys out last year. They're a no nonsense inside power run team. 

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

even if we are technically csstly more talented oversll than the ravens....those are two games im deeply cincerned about because of the physicality of that o line. Hopefully baker csn torch them early and force them to throw. Otherwise our interior DL rotation may get exposed. Thst interior o line wore our guys out last year. They're a no nonsense inside power run team. 

Is that the with the “new” offense they plan on running I wonder? 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

None of their RBs scare me really.   Except Jackson.

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

if ya ask Belicheck? he'd tell ya to worry about the Titans week one.(i agree)...Ravens open in Miami & play at KC before us in week 4.(am still looking tickets)..Our loaded box will look different with Richardson & Vernon now lining up at Yanda's side, who Lamar feeds off the most..WR M.Brown will have Ward & Greedy that can press cause Lamar has no deep ball..M.Wilson should load up covering their TE's..Do you remember the look on 🧔 face shaking Lamar's hand at end of Season?..Get your 🍿 ready!! cause the NFL will be on notice week 4, flushing some Rat turds in Balt-more 

I agree on TN; I think Vrable will prove a good coach and they have talent. They had some impressive wins last year and they should be better. My main knock on them is at QB. Marcus Ardel Taulauniu Mariota doesn't impress me. Big deal, he can run. Lamar can run circles around him. The thing with the Ravens is they are so physical. Now with Ingram in the fold, they are gonna hammer teams more than ever. I thought Henry was underrated before last season, and he proved he was. It's very hard to win a ring without a decent passing attack, but you can win a ton of games (and a div.) with a D and a running game, just not a championship in most cases.

I think the team that wins the north is gonna earn it. It could be a brutal battle -  3 legit contenders IMO. This is the most anticipated season we've had in the AFCN/central we've had in years...like too many to even count. When was the last time the season opened with the Browns being a legit factor? 88? 

Just now, The Gipper said:

None of their RBs scare me really.   Except Jackson.

They don't "scare me" like a Zeke, Barkley, Bell or McCaffrey. But they are about pounding, not flash, although Henry has shown he can take it to the house. Dude is BIG and fast. Already this preseason they have shown they will hammer you with Ingram. And yes, they did lose a lot on D, but they have a way of replenishing just when you think they are dry. Suggs was on his last legs, Mosely is good, but not great. Still have players in the secondary. Have beef up front. 

I think Vrabl will prove a good coach and they have talent.

He will be a good coach because of his connection to Norton,OH.  (his Dad was a football coach at my high school).

And this southeast side of Summit County has produced some other good coaches:   Bo Schembechler, Ara Parseghian, John Mackovic, Josh McDaniels.

1 minute ago, Icecube said:

They don't "scare me" like a Zeke, Barkley, Bell or McCaffrey. But they are about pounding, not flash, although Henry has shown he can take it to the house. Dude is BIG and fast. Already this preseason they have shown they will hammer you with Ingram. And yes, they did lose a lot on D, but they have a way of replenishing just when you think they are dry. Suggs was on his last legs, Mosely is good, but not great. Still have players in the secondary. Have beef up front. 

Uhm...Henry plays for the Titans, no?  

Just now, jcam222 said:

Is that the with the “new” offense they plan on running I wonder? 

Well, when I heard "new offense" I assumed it was a more open passing attack....to me, they look like they are even MORE physical than last year. They are hammering teams with big backs, they are letting Jackson run, even in the preseason. I saw no signs of a more sophisticated passing game. Maybe they are hiding it for now. Jackson does not have it in him to be a pocket passer, it's not gonna happen. Teams are going to stack the box and dare them to beat 'em deep. I'm not sure he can. But I still think they can win north of 9 games. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I would say that every team is a pro team. Hence the any given Sunday saying. That used to be the way we won a game or two a season. Hopefully that shoe is on the other foot now

Always blew my mind how some weeks we would be unstoppable and then next week can't even produce a first down til half way thru the 2nd quarter and that was from a penalty. How so many wr would all drop every pass that comes at them and the week before they were making 1 handed circus catches. It is time we have a team that plays strong all season week in ad week out. 

8 hours ago, medicineman said:

Always blew my mind how some weeks we would be unstoppable and then next week can't even produce a first down til half way thru the 2nd quarter and that was from a penalty. How so many wr would all drop every pass that comes at them and the week before they were making 1 handed circus catches. It is time we have a team that plays strong all season week in ad week out. 

A whole lot of that is coaching

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2019 at 3:04 AM, Icecube said:

They are not sexy, but with that D, Jackson running all over, should everyone sleep on them? I'm not. 

I hear ya. But they did heat up and make a playoff run last year; so I think there will NFL teams taking them more serious than fan speak and message boards. The last time we played them it felt like they ran a 10k on us with the football.  Then again, that was the fanny kick we needed to improve our defensive line during the off-season.

Despite losing Mosley and T Suggs,  they made the following significant upgrades:  S Earl Thomas, RB Mark Ingram, and former Baker big-play fave - WR Marquise Brown.  They have a good group of young TEs and a solid offensive line IMO.  Worst of all, they have one of the most reliable kickers in the league that can make a high percentage of FG attempts between 50-60 yards in close games. I keep hearing because RG3 got hurt that it is a given Lamar Jackson will also get hurt; but he has that Russell Wilson intangible where defenders rarely ever get a solid shot on him (only he's faster than Wilson).  Wilson used to take a team with a very mediocre-shakey offensive line to the playoffs/Superbowl no matter how much he wasn't supposed to be the QB of his draft class doing that best. 

The biggest question mark I see with the Rats is their LBer Corps; which is exactly what a lot of fans of other teams have been saying about our LBer Corps. It could come down to who puts the better defensive line in front of them and I like our chances here.

If there's 1 franchise outside of Pittsburgh this franchise should never sleep on - it's the Rats.  They need to be terminated and ex-terminated...

This is definitely a three team race, and should be the entire season. 

Who knows, the Bengals might even start better than expected because of the jolt of new blood at head coach before settling back to their rightful place in the basement.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

This is definitely a three team race, and should be the entire season. 

Who knows, the Bengals might even start better than expected because of the jolt of new blood at head coach before settling back to their rightful place in the basement.

I still think the Ravens will be very tough this year, and that offense is an absolute terror to stop when clicking. A part of me believes they got exposed in their playoff game, and I'm not sure Jackson can consistently make the throws needed to win at the end, but I know they won't be fun to play, regardless of who they lost to FA. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

I hear ya. But they did heat up and make a playoff run last year; so I think there will NFL teams taking them more serious than fan speak and message boards. The last time we played them it felt like they ran a 10k on us with the football.  Then again, that was the fanny kick we needed to improve our defensive line during the off-season.

Despite losing Mosley and T Suggs,  they made the following significant upgrades:  S Earl Thomas, RB Mark Ingram, and former Baker big-play fave - WR Marquise Brown.  They have a good group of young TEs and a solid offensive line IMO.  Worst of all, they have one of the most reliable kickers in the league that can make a high percentage of FG attempts between 50-60 yards in close games. I keep hearing because RG3 got hurt that it is a given Lamar Jackson will also get hurt; but he has that Russell Wilson intangible where defenders rarely ever get a solid shot on him (only he's faster than Wilson).  Wilson used to take a team with a very mediocre-shakey offensive line to the playoffs/Superbowl no matter how much he wasn't supposed to be the QB of his draft class doing that best. 

The biggest question mark I see with the Rats is their LBer Corps; which is exactly what a lot of fans of other teams have been saying about our LBer Corps. It could come down to who puts the better defensive line in front of them and I like our chances here.

If there's 1 franchise outside of Pittsburgh this franchise should never sleep on - it's the Rats.  They need to be terminated and ex-terminated...

Well...despite their acquisition of certain players that might improve a couple of positions , I think overall that team has been "downgraded", not upgraded.  Their gains, I do not believe will make up for their losses.  And though Jackson may overall be difficult to get a shot on....it only takes one...and he gives the other teams a lot more opportunities to get that one shot in.

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

Aside from the entire team coming down with the flu, there's no excuse for not sweeping the bungles again. None.

The other two are gonna be though outs. But they're still gonna be outs. 4-2 in the division, bank on it.

I'd take 4-2 fo sho. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd take 4-2 fo sho. 

3-3 would be a minor disappointment.

Almost time for Dutch's '19 BROWNS questions, eh?

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...despite their acquisition of certain players that might improve a couple of positions , I think overall that team has been "downgraded", not upgraded.  Their gains, I do not believe will make up for their losses.  And though Jackson may overall be difficult to get a shot on....it only takes one...and he gives the other teams a lot more opportunities to get that one shot in.

3 isn't a couple anywhere but your cell phone my man!  

As much as I HATE saying this Gips, the Rats quietly re-loaded their 1st place roster extremely well.  They've been re-loading playoff rosters with great success for years - it's why we still hate them.  You know what happens when you forget to look out for #1?  You step in #2.

Their RB position was weak last year - now it's a strength.  Earl Thomas is a huge upgrade to their back tier. And when Baltimore gets back to extending drives and winning time of possession battles; that opens up a perfect play-action pass scenario to Marquise Brown against some very tired legs on defense.   

You can say what you want to about Lamar Jackson; but check out their record before he cracked the starting line-up in 2018 vrs what it was when he started.  He turned Joey Bottaflacco into Joey Botta-Onewayticketouttatown.