THE BROWNS BOARD

breaking news, trumps kind of a dickish cocksucking asshole...

Clevfan4life

13 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Build new products and apps. No one is stopping anyone from doing that. Conservative backers could do it but they are too lazy or know fellow conservatives won’t migrate. Simple as that. Create what you want.

Big tech has gotten so huge it is not as simple as that. New start ups can't compete. Big tech will either buy them out or if they won't sell big tech will clone their products. In the meantime they wield tremendous amounts of power and influence with no oversight. Power and influence the world has never seen before.

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

theres certainly a conflict of interest with a guy who sued tgem and claimed they ruined his reputation......right?

Maybe, but the guy claimed in front of Congress he was a lefty that voted for Hillary.  If you're going to fudge a study then why make it look like OrangeManBad got screwed?  Or is that just part of the nefarious plot?  You could dispute the data all you want, but this isn't the rabbit hole I would go down if I were you.

https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/112/33/E4512.full.pdf?with-ds=yes

Listen, I'm not even saying his conclusions are correct.  You would have to go through a lot of statistical formulas to proof his work, but attacking his credibility is probably not the way to go.  I mean, you have no real proof he's even a conservative hack.

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't think there are any alts. If there were, and there are ways for the administration to find that out, I'd be happy to boot them.  But not merely because you can't formulate a response to them, okay? Or just because you whine about people not  following your own personal political bias. Understand? ( I don't think you believe it either really unless you're just too stupid to realize the difference between Styles, which may well be true. Just more typical Woody.)

And according to your buddy and the post are referred to this Epstein actually said there was bias but just couldn't conclude a Smoking Gun. So you are saying there is no bias? Or what? Which part of that post do you think is bullshit and which part are you on board with?

WSS

I told you the flaws in the study. Read it yourself and let me know your thoughts.

"Can't formulate a response" and "choose not to" are very different. I'm not the only one calling these posters out. 

Just because you agree with what they're saying doesn't mean you should turn a blind eye to the obvious.

No one just joins the browns board, never posts about the team, and immediately starts spamming the political board with biased articles and threads. 

Come on, this shit is obvious. I'm not saying this because of their political beliefs. I'm saying this because it's just turning this board into an even bigger pile of shit.

2 hours ago, htownbrown said:

https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/112/33/E4512.full.pdf?with-ds=yes

Listen, I'm not even saying his conclusions are correct.  You would have to go through a lot of statistical formulas to proof his work, but attacking his credibility is probably not the way to go.  I mean, you have no real proof he's even a conservative hack.

no but i have a pretty solid suspicion he's got a major axe to grind with google and will try to hurt them in any way he can. 

4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

no but i have a pretty solid suspicion he's got a major axe to grind with google and will try to hurt them in any way he can. 

Weird, never once did I see you use this standard throughout the Russian collusion investigation.  Interesting.  Wax on, wax off.....

If you read the second link I left to his studies, it shows his reasoning for extrapolating out the data in the first link I left.  If you're going to call him a hack you should at least check out all his shit first, no? 

Epstein said he came to the conclusion of bias sufficient to affect 2.6 million to 10.4 million votes based on what he has found in studies of national elections outside the US, including the 2010 Australian prime minister election and a 2014 Indian legislative election.

2010 is before his google beef began, correct?

1 hour ago, htownbrown said:

Sure, you bought into a ton of Russian collusion conspiracies despite the sources seeming rather biased.  Even peepee tapes you swore were going to drop.

well I think peepee tapes exist not because Hillary's people said so....but because it's something that sounds like Donald. We know he's a big fan of hookers in any case, it's how he found his latest wife. And the Russian collusion stuff is based on a ton of circumstantial evidence that even Donald himself provided....rem "Russia are you listening". I said from the beginning this isn't "definitive" proof of anything but I understood the investigation. What I disliked about the investigation is the politisization of it. It should have happened quietly away from the public eye but the dems were never going to let that happen. But the prospect of a sitting president having ties to foreigners like Trump had...it had to be investigated. Period. It just shouldn't have been the political theatre that it was but.... #democrats. 

• Haha 1

As for this Epstein guy, he has yet to furnish any solid proof of google deliberately manipulating search algorightms SPECIFICALLY to hurt or undermine conservative causes. I've seen examples of websites preaching that gay people can convert themselves from Demonic hellspawn by conversion therapy, being cut out from certain search parameters. And im completely ok with that. If someone specifically searches for that stuff, it's at the top of the search list...but it doesn't come up when people google LBGT issues. I see absolutely zero wrong with that. 

48 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

As for this Epstein guy, he has yet to furnish any solid proof of google deliberately manipulating search algorightms SPECIFICALLY to hurt or undermine conservative causes. I've seen examples of websites preaching that gay people can convert themselves from Demonic hellspawn by conversion therapy, being cut out from certain search parameters. And im completely ok with that. If someone specifically searches for that stuff, it's at the top of the search list...but it doesn't come up when people google LBGT issues. I see absolutely zero wrong with that. 

He's not claiming they are manipulating searches.  He's clarified he believes it's an unintended bias in an algorithm that hasn't gotten corrected or possibly even addressed by Google.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

well I think peepee tapes exist not because Hillary's people said so....but because it's something that sounds like Donald. We know he's a big fan of hookers in any case, it's how he found his latest wife. And the Russian collusion stuff is based on a ton of circumstantial evidence that even Donald himself provided....rem "Russia are you listening". I said from the beginning this isn't "definitive" proof of anything but I understood the investigation. What I disliked about the investigation is the politisization of it. It should have happened quietly away from the public eye but the dems were never going to let that happen. But the prospect of a sitting president having ties to foreigners like Trump had...it had to be investigated. Period. It just shouldn't have been the political theatre that it was but.... #democrats. 

Well, ok.

But that's........conspiracy based stuff right there.  Especially at this point.

56 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

He's not claiming they are manipulating searches.  He's clarified he believes it's an unintended bias in an algorithm that hasn't gotten corrected or possibly even addressed by Google.

Though, again, there are a few big flaws in that study, so I wouldn't use it to justify anything

1 hour ago, htownbrown said:

oh so it's "accidental" now? That's not what he was saying just a few months back. Is his story changing?

On 8/19/2019 at 6:11 PM, MLD Woody said:

The point Trump wants to make (which he's tweeting out immediately after watching Fix talk about it ....) is that Google influenced undecided voters.

That study only followed 21 undecided voters. They even said the "bias rate" for undecided voters was left. Though they don't really go into detail on how they determined bias. 

And didn't the guy that ran this already have a beef with Google?

Since you keep quoting me and get quoted, I might as well do this.  All your posts can be answered here i think.  

I haven't defended Trump on this so have that conversation with someone else.

Yes, his data is flawed.  Maybe not as bad as you think.  His methodology is designed well enough to get unbiased results, which seems to be Cleve's hangup.  It's his sample size in his US study that creates the issue.  I'm frankly more interested in his older studies that do have more subjects, albeit they come from entirely different demographics.  He was able to get over 2000 volunteers for at least one of them, from which he extrapolated out his smaller study (which I linked also, in case your up to it).  I see the flaws, but that doesn't mean there isn't a legit trend throughout all his work. 

I think it's worth a look next election, as you know he's going to do another one.  Maybe the publicity gets him more participants.

I don't see malicious intent in his data, especially since he started experimenting with this before Google shut his page down.  It's not complex, but it doesn't have to be.  The whole concept of what he's suggesting is simple.

Does it make you "hot" and want to "melt" when other disciplines use bad data and extrapolate it to predict trends?  It happens.  

Deuce

hat “following complaints about censorship of ...
Which Google pages to review, which results to measure ... viewpoint of Google's bias than someone who considers Fox and The Washington Examiner centrist.

image.thumb.png.e4e11a3412786341ea7475927e3bafcd.png

Aug 8, 2019 - Google has shown a clear bias against pregnancy centers; ... To make sure that no complaint raised goes unheard at Google, we give ...

Sep 13, 2018 - The leak comes amid growing complaints from conservatives that Google and other tech giants are biased against them. They have voiced .

Jun 7, 2019 - White conservative males who allege that liberal bias at Google Inc. doomed ... Conservative Ex-Google Engineer's Bias Complaint Goes to ...

Sep 10, 2018 - Google, YouTube and other tech giants filter, suppress and even directly attack conservatives. This must stop to protect our free and open ...

Jun 24, 2019 - ... questionable YouTube privacy complaints after exposing Google bias ... The privacy complaints allege that Project Veritas displays private ...

Jun 6, 2019 - John Wacker is a right-leaning Google employee who recently ... He goes on to explain how leftists at Google weaponize HR complaints in ... OFF on his company's anti-conservative bias: “These outrage mobs are so hostile.

Eric Schmidt, CEO Of Google's parent company, was a supporter of Hillary Clinton and many of Google's executives worked on her campaign. Evidence below.

The veteran radio host turned up in Washington on Tuesday to lodge complaints against Google CEO Sundar Pichai after the internet giant banned him from ...

Jul 19, 2019 - Google agreed to pay $11 million to end a lawsuit accusing it of ... in recruiting and ensure that complaints are adequately investigated.

Jun 26, 2019 - Conservative frustration with Big Tech bias bubbled over this week amid fresh evidence of behind-the-scenes political manipulation at Google, ..

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

LOL.  Cool story, now why don't you tell everyone why Trump has to be impeached.

5 hours ago, htownbrown said:

Since you keep quoting me and get quoted, I might as well do this.  All your posts can be answered here i think.  

I haven't defended Trump on this so have that conversation with someone else.

Yes, his data is flawed.  Maybe not as bad as you think.  His methodology is designed well enough to get unbiased results, which seems to be Cleve's hangup.  It's his sample size in his US study that creates the issue.  I'm frankly more interested in his older studies that do have more subjects, albeit they come from entirely different demographics.  He was able to get over 2000 volunteers for at least one of them, from which he extrapolated out his smaller study (which I linked also, in case your up to it).  I see the flaws, but that doesn't mean there isn't a legit trend throughout all his work. 

I think it's worth a look next election, as you know he's going to do another one.  Maybe the publicity gets him more participants.

I don't see malicious intent in his data, especially since he started experimenting with this before Google shut his page down.  It's not complex, but it doesn't have to be.  The whole concept of what he's suggesting is simple.

Does it make you "hot" and want to "melt" when other disciplines use bad data and extrapolate it to predict trends?  It happens.  

Deuce

Someone posted the Trump tweet referring to the study, I called it out, you posted the study.

I read through it and found flaws. Nothing other people haven't seen before. Mostly the incredibly low sample size, but also I'm not sure what he's doing to determine the bias of a website. 

I quoted you because you posted the study. It was just weird you continued to engage with Cleve about the study but not with the person calling it out. 

If you're saying now that there are major flaws with the study, than I'm good. We at least got to that point. I don't think the data is statistically significant to prove much of anything. If you posted another study I must have missed it. 

I also wonder how something like the "grab her by the pussy" story would be counted. I mean, it's a negative for Trump, but you could just report on it without bias. If ABC just says it's something that exists, plays the clip, etc does that count as a "liberal" search result?

And ha ha ha. Great last paragraph. I guaran-damn-tee that there is more of and more reputable climate data than this study has. 

I've also seen people on here freaking out about "data manipulation" when data is just being normalized. Excuse me if I don't think damn near every climatologist at damn near every scientific organization in damn near every part of the world is faking data.

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Dayem Clevis, you broke your own record on the amount of fail crammed into one post.

I could shred this entire gem to pieces, but due to time constrains I can only address that first sentence for now..

you come on here ripping on people like Cal for opinions YOU consider mindless with no basis in fact...and here you are...still clinging to these pee tapes that were never proven to exist only because your bitter feelings keeps you from letting it go..yur a sad sad  man.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

hat “following complaints about censorship of ...

Which Google pages to review, which results to measure ... viewpoint of Google's bias than someone who considers Fox and The Washington Examiner centrist.

image.thumb.png.e4e11a3412786341ea7475927e3bafcd.png

Aug 8, 2019 - Google has shown a clear bias against pregnancy centers; ... To make sure that no complaint raised goes unheard at Google, we give ...

Sep 13, 2018 - The leak comes amid growing complaints from conservatives that Google and other tech giants are biased against them. They have voiced .

Jun 7, 2019 - White conservative males who allege that liberal bias at Google Inc. doomed ... Conservative Ex-Google Engineer's Bias Complaint Goes to ...

Sep 10, 2018 - Google, YouTube and other tech giants filter, suppress and even directly attack conservatives. This must stop to protect our free and open ...

Jun 24, 2019 - ... questionable YouTube privacy complaints after exposing Google bias ... The privacy complaints allege that Project Veritas displays private ...

Jun 6, 2019 - John Wacker is a right-leaning Google employee who recently ... He goes on to explain how leftists at Google weaponize HR complaints in ... OFF on his company's anti-conservative bias: “These outrage mobs are so hostile.

Eric Schmidt, CEO Of Google's parent company, was a supporter of Hillary Clinton and many of Google's executives worked on her campaign. Evidence below.

The veteran radio host turned up in Washington on Tuesday to lodge complaints against Google CEO Sundar Pichai after the internet giant banned him from ...

Jul 19, 2019 - Google agreed to pay $11 million to end a lawsuit accusing it of ... in recruiting and ensure that complaints are adequately investigated.

Jun 26, 2019 - Conservative frustration with Big Tech bias bubbled over this week amid fresh evidence of behind-the-scenes political manipulation at Google, ..

i randomly picked one of those links, and its about a woman who compkained that google was pressuring her to work through out her pregnancy and if she didnt it couldnt be guaranteed her manager role would still be there when she came back. So basically conservatives sre now using a traditional liberal platform for maternity leave laws, to make an attack on google thst they're "anti pregnancy". 

ok im just going to say right here i hope google savages the constitution in its entirety to.fuck over everything "conservative". You people are scum of the earth and have no place in a rational human society. Liberals have been fighting the maternity leave law fight for decades, it was one hilly beasts major feminist issues.

honestly dont care anymore what google does. Knowing theres a 100 or so million pieces of shit in this country that are so without an ounce of principle makes me give zero fucks. The brown people coming across the southern border are albeit simple people, but prob alot better human beings. I dont know whats happened to certain people, its like some light in them just got snuffed out in tge blink of an eye and now they're operated from somewhere else.

9 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

honestly dont care anymore what google does. Knowing theres a 100 or so million pieces of shit in this country that are so without an ounce of principle makes me give zero fucks. The brown people coming across the southern border are albeit simple people, but prob alot better human beings. I dont know whats happened to certain people, its like some light in them just got snuffed out in tge blink of an eye and now they're operated from somewhere else.

The rule of law is a principle Cleve. One this nation has always stood for. We are a nation of laws. Immigration laws make sense and every country has them. I don't resent the illegal immigrants coming here for a better life. I can understand it. But still they are breaking laws and jumping to the head of the line over others who want to come here and are playing by the rules and waiting their turn. What do you say to those people playing by the immigration laws and waiting their turn in line and  seeing others rewarded for line jumping and not obeying immigration laws?