THE BROWNS BOARD

Jay-Z and NFL team up to woke us

htownbrown

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001041162/article/jayzs-roc-nation-entering-partnership-with-nfl

Let's just take a look at some of the great gifts to humanity he has delivered us so far.......

Big Pimpin

Crack Game

Dope Man

Fuck All Nite

Is That Yo Bitch?

Jigga That Nigga

Money, Cash, Hoes

Murdagram

Pussy

I'm sure they're delightful songs, but in a world where Dean Martin is too "rapey" I don't get how this was an option.  The NFL must believe the average viewer has a single digit IQ.  But considering a QB was able to send a political message by crouching down to dick sucking height, maybe they're on to something.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

But the NFL commish says he is partnering with the best and most inspiring:

"Every conversation I've had with Jay has been inspiring," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday. "Not just on his perspective on the process of how we do the entertainment, but what we should try to achieve. We always say we should get better and we should evolve. We think we should partner with the best, and that's why we're sitting here. We believe we're partnering with the best. So, his perspective is going to drive us."

looks like from the comments above, this is approved by the woke generation

other than the obligatory assault of crappy stage acts from the past  

and the latest addition of what will be the genre of crap rap brought to popularity by the suckers who actually pay $$ to these hate peddlers

(which i can thankfully switch off when they are "on" )

all I want is to watch the Cleveland Browns play  WIN or lose  - til that someday soon they too will be in a superbowl 

that (sigh) will have a jay z disciple headline the havtyme   

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

and the latest addition of what will be the genre of crap rap brought to popularity by the suckers who actually pay $$ to these hate peddlers

all I want is to watch the Cleveland Browns play  WIN or lose  - til that someday soon they too will be in a superbowl 

Yep

WSS

41 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

I listen to Jay for entertainment, not for education.  Couldn't care less let alone 'approve it'.   Just tired of the whining.

Agreed on the Brownies though.  Longest off season in recent memory.

You may be able to pull a gem out of an ocean of garbage sometimes, but most of the time it's self aggrandizing, pointless, and crude.  I can't honestly sing along to someone's sexual experiences, what kind of cars they have, how many diamonds they have in their mouths, or how pimpin is hard.  That eliminates about 90% right off the top.  Especially Jay-Z the Great Unifier.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You just aren't listening to the right ones

It's not that all rap is bad. Just a lot of it is really really bad. I actually equate it a lot with country. It's kind of a low class / lowest common denominator genre by and large. It's not all terrible. There's some stand outs. I didn't care for west coast gangsta rap at the time in the mid 90s but some of that stuff sounds genius next to the latest evolution. 

14 hours ago, htownbrown said:

You may be able to pull a gem out of an ocean of garbage sometimes, but most of the time it's self aggrandizing, pointless, and crude.  I can't honestly sing along to someone's sexual experiences, what kind of cars they have, how many diamonds they have in their mouths, or how pimpin is hard.  That eliminates about 90% right off the top.  Especially Jay-Z the Great Unifier.

How the hell did you make it through the 80's hair glam then?

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

How the hell did you make it through the 80's hair glam then?

From age 2 through 12 it was easy, for the most part.  I didn't even have a cassette player until the late 80s and my first cassette was MC Hammer.  Before that I was at the mercy of a clock radio.

Trust me, I've heard plenty of rap.  There was an enormous shift when Dr. Dre and Snoop hit the scene and now it's shifted to the bling era.  And i couldn't be more done with it.

I'm just curious, how can you still listen?  I wouldn't call you a liberal, but you're a little left of center.  If you heard some one here referring to gays as faggots, you'd probably object to it.  But you've certainly bought plenty of CDs saying exactly that(and worse) and probably sang right along.  How does that work now as an adult who understands what he's listening to?  You can't find a more bigoted genre of music, as a whole, than rap.

1 hour ago, htownbrown said:

I'm just curious, how can you still listen?

I wouldn't call you a liberal, but you're a little left of center. 

If you heard some one here referring to gays as faggots, you'd probably object to it. 

But you've certainly bought plenty of CDs saying exactly that(and worse) and probably sang right along.  How does that work now as an adult who understands what he's listening to?  You can't find a more bigoted genre of music, as a whole, than rap.

Pretty easy, you have to dig to find shit that's actually good.

I'm left of center to this board only.  I've been called a nazi to my face by those you and many here would considered "the left".  

Depends on the situation or who is saying it and in what context.   I know gay people that have called others faggots to their face and don't mean it in the literal sense.

Again, pretty easy.  You separate out what is entertainment and what is reality.   Music, 99% of the time, falls under the purely entertainment category.  You just try to parse out the talent with it. Unless you feel it's cool to walk around and pull a Zeppelin by telling girls you're going to give them "every inch of my love".     

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Pretty easy, you have to dig to find shit that's actually good.

I'm left of center to this board only.  I've been called a nazi to my face by those you and many here would considered "the left".  

Depends on the situation or who is saying it and in what context.   I know gay people that have called others faggots to their face and don't mean it in the literal sense.

Again, pretty easy.  You separate out what is entertainment and what is reality.   Music, 99% of the time, falls under the purely entertainment category.  You just try to parse out the talent with it. Unless you feel it's cool to walk around and pull a Zeppelin by telling girls you're going to give them "every inch of my love".     

Well digging is associated with painstaking labor, but to each their own.

I'm not throwing left of center at you as an insult in this context.

Entertainment is a reflection of what the people demanding it want.  To say entertainment has no reality based influence on people is silly.  Didn't you want to "Be Like Mike"? I did.  Did you buy a Baker jersey yet?  Music has an even bigger influence and audience.

Rap culture has had a huge impact on society.  The same with rock n roll.  I could argue that music made more hippies than the war did.  

I'm sure if there was a rap song about pedophilia you would be disgusted.  Why that changes for equally disgusting topics is......I don't know, you tell me.  It's still too prevalent to avoid.