THE BROWNS BOARD

Redrafting the NFL

The Gipper

Here is an interesting  endeavour that I heard about on the radio:

What if we were to re-draft the NFL right now?   So, what I would like to do here is to do simply that:

Let's do a draft  of the current active players in the NFL.   Let's just do one round   1-32.  We will do it this way...  list picks 1-32...and take turns, no person doing more than 1 at a time. Only players active in the NFL this coming season.  Let's see who gets picked. I will fill in this initial post with whomever is take next.

1.  Myles Garrett,   Cleveland Browns

2. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs

3. Aaron Donald,  Los Angeles Rams

4. Khalil Mack,  Chicago Bears

Saquon Barkley, RB NY Giants   Uhm...how did this get here?  no one made this pick to my knowledge and I did not edit this to include him...though I am fine with him being here.  Did a mod mess with this? LOL Hard to believe.

6. DeAndre Hopkins  WR  Houston Texans

7. Aaron Rodgers QB  Green Bay Packers

8. Luke Keuchly,  LB  Carolina Panthers

9.  Baker Mayfield,  QB  Browns

10. Tom Brady  QB New England Patriots.

11. Ezekial Elliot  RB  Dallas Cowboys

12. Odell Beckham Jr. WR Browns

13. Julio Jones WR  Falcons

With the first pick in the NFL Current player Re-Draft,  the selection is:

Myles Garrett,   Cleveland Browns

I just think he is on the verge of becoming the dominant defensive force in the league....and I believe the likes of BR/Jackson/Dalton and any QB we play is going to feel that dominance.

Any of you feel free now to make the next choice.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

With the first pick in the NFL Current player Re-Draft,  the selection is:

Myles Garrett,   Cleveland Browns

I just think he is on the verge of becoming the dominant defensive force in the league....and I believe the likes of BR/Jackson/Dalton and any QB we play is going to feel that dominance.

Any of you feel free now to make the next choice.

How far back do you want to go?  Current or potential long term talent is the yardstick?  Who would I take for the Browns right now? Guys like Brady and Brees are certain HOFers, but are at the end of their careers. 

Best players in the NFL right now? NFLN already answered that question.   http://www.nfl.com/network/top100  Or you want to build a team at best at a given position. 

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

How far back do you want to go?  Current or potential long term talent is the yardstick?  Who would I take for the Browns right now? Guys like Brady and Brees are certain HOFers, but are at the end of their careers. 

Best players in the NFL right now? NFLN already answered that question.   http://www.nfl.com/network/top100  Or you want to build a team at best at a given position. 

It is up to you....you can use any measure you wish...be it based on past performance or future potential.  Just as long as they are currently active for the 2019 season. And it makes no mind what anyone else said...other than a potential reference for you when making your pick.  So, go ahead and pick based on whatever criteria you choose.  This is all just for fun.

This draft should be focused on choosing the best unique players. 

If I wanted to get a special player that can lead a defense... I would choose with #8:

Luke Kuechly, LB Carolina Panthers

1 hour ago, Nero said:

This draft should be focused on choosing the best unique players. 

If I wanted to get a special player that can lead a defense... I would choose with #8:

Luke Kuechly, LB Carolina Panthers

He's one more concussion away from the end of a career. Pass.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He's one more concussion away from the end of a career. Pass.

Yeah. Maybe I was driven by his career instead of his current status. But he still is a great defensive mind and nice leader as a veteran for a defense.

#9 - Baker Mayfield

Young and talented, will be a presence for years and years to come. His longevity far outweighed the Tom Brady's and Drew Brees' of the world. Best QB in the NFL.  He Just Wins.

5 hours ago, PoeticG said:

#9 - Baker Mayfield

Young and talented, will be a presence for years and years to come. His longevity far outweighed the Tom Brady's and Drew Brees' of the world. Best QB in the NFL.  He Just Wins.

I watched that other OU QB on ESPN last night. He was as unimpressive as he was as a freshman at Texas A&M before he transferred out when he lost the starting job to another NFL second stringer. I predict that college offense brought to the Cards will fail miserably.

With the #10 pick.....this guy can be avoided no longer.  I mean, most consider him the GOAT.  He IS the defending Super Bowl winning QB....and shows not much sign of diminishment....and at least for this coming year, he has be fit in here:

Tom Brady  QB  New England Patriots

• Like 1

I guess I have to break my rule of not doing 2 in a row.

The #11 pick in the league wide NFL draft is:

Ezekial Elliott  RB  Dallas Cowboys      

Of course, this is contingent on him actually playing.  He is the best RB in the league and the Cowboys go nowhere without him imo.

With the 12th pick in the All NFL Draft... The selection is DE Myles Garrett

Really felt like taking OBJ but as far as generational talent, Garrett is an amazing player.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Uhn...Garret had already been taken...#1.

Oh, wow. LOL sorry; can't believe I missed that! 

If you would be so kind as to change the #12 selection to WR extraordinaire Odel Beckham Jr!