THE BROWNS BOARD

I’m just gonna put this right here… 😬 😬 😬

OldBrownsFan

I’m just gonna put this right here…

"I don’t like the sound of this reporting from the NY Times. In it they report that Trump has said he’s willing to work with a top Senate gun control Democrat and that he’s “serious about persuading Republicans to act”:

NY TIMES – Mr. Trump on Sunday telephoned Senator Christopher S. Murphy, a Democrat who has been one of the leading voices in Congress for gun control, an indication that the president is interested in pursuing legislation. Earlier in the week, Mr. Murphy had contacted the White House to indicate that he was willing to work with Mr. Trump on the issue, which prompted the call.

The conversation was positive, with Mr. Trump indicating that he was serious about persuading Republicans to act, according to officials familiar with their discussion. And the two agreed to set up a staff-level dialogue this week between their offices and those of Senators Patrick J. Toomey, Republican of Pennsylvania, and Joe Manchin III, Democrat of West Virginia, who are working feverishly to revive the background check legislation they wrote after the Sandy Hook massacre.

The N.R.A., which opposes gun registration in any form, has for years fought against background check bills, arguing that they “don’t stop criminals from getting firearms” and that some proposals “would deprive individuals of due process of law.” If such a bill passed and was signed by Mr. Trump into law, it would be the first significant federal gun safety law in a quarter-century.

"Honestly, I can’t imagine Trump would risk 2020 over bad gun control legislation. Not only would he risk his own race, but any of those Republicans who stand with him.

Earlier I held out on criticizing Trump over his recent ‘background checks’ rhetoric because it was too vague. But honestly, this reporting is not what I was expecting from Trump and I am not confident at all in him working with Murphy. However it is reporting from the New York Times so, of course, be wary."

https://therightscoop.com/im-just-gonna-put-this-right-here-😬-😬-😬/

I'm done trying to predict what Trump will or won't do. He's a bit of a loose cannon. The thing is, even if he gave the Democrats straight up gun confiscation they'd spin it on him in the election and say how racist he is for curtailing minorities 2nd amendment rights. If I were him I would give them nothing simply because they've been pieces of shit for four years. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I'm done trying to predict what Trump will or won't do. He's a bit of a loose cannon. The thing is, even if he gave the Democrats straight up gun confiscation they'd spin it on him in the election and say how racist he is for curtailing minorities 2nd amendment rights. If I were him I would give them nothing simply because they've been pieces of shit for four years. 

Yep..it puts me in mind of Bush Sr. who promised not to raise taxes (read my lips) then gave in to the dems and raised taxes anyway to placate them. He was hailed as a hero by the dems at the time for being so "courageous" but a little over a year later when he was up for re-election many of those same dems who earlier had called him heroic were now calling for his scalp for breaking his no new taxes pledge.

Actually I like that Trump is a loose cannon most of the time but that can backfire as well..2a  isssues might be one of them.I wanted someone in 2016 to go to DC and upset the apple cart. 

19 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The NRA will have to do some serious backflips to justify sitting on their hands on this one.

One of the more troubling things for me is Trump's liberal daughter's involvement in all of this. Trump has said  earlier the NRA will either back him or be neutral. I predict they will oppose him. I have some empathy for the position of the NRA as they are hated on by all sides and it is hard to buck a president who publicly states his support but I believe Trump is going to find they supported him to influence him and not the other way around. JMO. We'll see how it plays out. 

I would be surprised if Trump did anything controversial like this before 2020 (if he wants to win anyway).

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

this is very true. I don't believe anything will come of it, because everybody sees that the dems won't do anything right, they will slant any attempt to solve any problem to help their political posture with the left.

With the left, the ends justify the means. Meaning, if they write a "red flag" law, as has been done in one state... they allow anonymous red flaggers.

Meaning, anybody who hates anybody for any reason, can "swat" them with a false claim, have their guns taken, etc.

This WILL be happening. Trump sign in your yard? you can get red flagged.

Any fake claims by "red flag" fakers, and the fakers must be held legally responsible - make it a felony.

I predict the left will fight bigtime to stop the felony part. They will want to encourage abuse of the red flag law, you watch.

IOWs....the left will happily encourage false red flags to intimidate gun owners from having guns anymore, which helps their anti-2nd Amendment movement, which is a strictly leftwing politics bunch of crap in the first place. Like "man made global warming" which they had to quit calling it that, and go to "climate change" because climate does change...

I state right now im firmly against the AR ban....but can any of you give me a solid vetted reason why any gun transfer that happens in the U.S "should not" go through the background check system? I've heard arguments about "why shouldn't I be able to give/sell a family member a weapon?"....why should said family member NOT go through the same background checks a regular person does going through a gun store?

25 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Well she didn't so Trump isn't off the hook.  (she didn't win but no thanks to those who voted for her) And I am thankful she didn't win because she was advocating for gun confiscation like Australia and said her number one enemy was the NRA. Any complaints about gun control with Trump pale in comparison to what Hillary Clinton and the democrats are proposing to do. Trump may not be the best on 2a but he is certainly better than the alternative we had in 2016. 

I fixed it for you...your friendly BB member OBF...😊

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Tex is going to pout forever, like woodpecker is going to be a woodpecker forever.

it is what it is.

At least I don't have to worry about my soul being in jeopardy by following the 👺🤴👹. Tabasco sauce anyone? Get you used to the heat.😈😁

Nearly 200 House Dems Now Support Bill Outlawing All New Semi-Automatic Weapons

Proving once again they're absolutely clueless on firearms, nearly 200 House Democrats have indicated their support for legislation banning all semi-automatic firearms nationwide.

They aren't just talking about the dreaded AR-15 here. Every new Glock, outlawed. My dad's old .22 Browning target pistol, which my 13-year-old insists I leave to him in my will, would be among the last of its kind. And -- try not to think about this too hard, or you'll cry -- the Colt 1911 .45, perhaps the American sidearm, would be no more.

We'll get revolvers and bolt-action rifles and that's about it.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/nearly-200-house-dems-now-support-bill-outlawing-all-new-semiautomatic-weapons/

Thank GOD our brilliant country has the God Given Right to own our guns and that they shall not be infringed.

drug cartels and gangs have machine guns, rocket launchers, grenades w/launchers, etc etc etc etc.

but the dims want to take away our semi automatic guns.

eat dirt, lefties. will never happen, and if it did, about 100 million out of ...eh....maybe 140 million REAL AMERICANS will not comply.

• Upvote 1