THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Survival!

Zombo

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I participated in these games once....and retired undefeated.  You can learn just by paying attention.  :huh:

That was a request for the here and now.

......edit add, I quickly went through the Browns Board Champions and saw no Gipper....but you could have been under an alias.  :lol:

Oh and with that EOM.   

Edited by mjp28

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

...edit add, I quickly went through the Browns Board Champions and saw no Gipper....but you could have been under an alias.  

Even had he used used an alias in the Pool, he would have gloated in the thread... and there's no Gipper gloat to be found in any of the ten Survival threads.

Really makes you wonder doesn't it?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Even had he used used an alias in the Pool, he would have gloated in the thread... and there's no Gipper gloat to be found in any of the ten Survival threads.

Really makes you wonder doesn't it?

LOL, he's  AFAIK only "virtually" competing.  Has never actually  signed up.  :D

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

LOL, he's  AFAIK only "virtually" competing.  Has never actually  signed up.  :D

Figures.  But hey we like to "put it in writing" and go for it.....some people just don't.

Oh BTW it has been so nice here lately without as many trolls and troll killers around.  ;)

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That was a request for the here and now.

......edit add, I quickly went through the Browns Board Champions and saw no Gipper....but you could have been under an alias.  :lol:

Oh and with that EOM.   

I never did the Survivor thread.  Though it is the only one I may have some interest in in the future as I find the concept interesting. 

And I said I retired undefeated;  I never said I won any of the titles.   I did the Pro pick  em one time.....and I won that day.....and gave it up, because, overall it still holds no interest for me.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

No....I did "sign up"  for that one day.  I was given the credit for the win that day. But I just never continued.  It has been at least 5 years ago I think.  I may have used a different  screen name for that.  It may have been something like Toranaga Shogun,  or Tokugawa Shogun...or something. If it is all that important to anyone they can go back through the years to find that one single week.  (I don't care....I simply gave an answer when asked).

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No....I did "sign up"  for that one day.  I was given the credit for the win that day. But I just never continued.  It has been at least 5 years ago I think.  I may have used a different  screen name for that.  It may have been something like Toranaga Shogun,  or Tokugawa Shogun...or something. If it is all that important to anyone they can go back through the years to find that one single week.  (I don't care....I simply gave an answer when asked).

Wow, you got one week right- and then got eliminated. Congrats on the "Big Win".  Retired undefeated huh. Hate to tell you, it only counts if you're in for the whole year. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Wow, you got one week right- and then got eliminated. Congrats on the "Big Win".  Retired undefeated huh. Hate to tell you, it only counts if you're in for the whole year. 

That week counted for that week.  I had no interest in continuing...or being in for a whole year...so, if not continuing means you get eliminated, so be it.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I never claimed to be a legend.  I just said I play one week,  won, and stopped. 

If you think that is legendary, that is on you. 

It is ego inflation, and seriously misleading.  :)  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

It is ego inflation, and seriously misleading.  :)  

Maybe.  But if it is misleading...that is your interpretation.  

Not sure how we got here.   I questioned mjps selection of the Giants (that is fair, isn't it?).....and he asked why I was not playing....and my answer was wholly honest:   because heretofore I never had an interest; though I said that the Survivor game does intrigue me where the others did not. You all got in my grill for not playing, and I simply explained that I played one time and retired....undefeated.  Which was a perfectly accurate statement. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe.  But if it is misleading...that is your interpretation.  

Not sure how we got here.   I questioned mjps selection of the Giants (that is fair, isn't it?).....and he asked why I was not playing....and my answer was wholly honest:   because heretofore I never had an interest; though I said that the Survivor game does intrigue me where the others did not. You all got in my grill for not playing, and I simply explained that I played one time and retired....undefeated.  Which was a perfectly accurate statement. 

No, you were eliminated after you didn't make selections the following weeks. 1-2, and just stop.

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

No competition seems to "intrigue" Gipper enough to actually compete...

Now... about that questioning of mjp's NYG pick... B)

And then there were 3.

image.thumb.png.2077a676ef265219c8b0b96f4ce508ed.png

Says the Gutless wonder who runs away and hides by putting me on ignore.  

And, by doing so, you obviously miss a lot of conversation, thereby making yourself appear ignorant...if you are not in fact ignorant.   I said that this Survivor intrigued me once I started looking at it, but that it was obviously too late to get in the game.  

As for the Giants....mjp lucked out.  What else can you call picking a 2-10 team?  Even if they were playing the Dolphins. 

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Says the Gutless wonder who runs away and hides by putting me on ignore.  

And, by doing so, you obviously miss a lot of conversation, thereby making yourself appear ignorant...if you are not in fact ignorant.   I said that this Survivor intrigued me once I started looking at it, but that it was obviously too late to get in the game.  

As for the Giants....mjp lucked out.  What else can you call picking a 2-10 team?  Even if they were playing the Dolphins. 

I think we need to have Z give Gipper a BIG PARTICIPATION AWARD" . 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Gip... it's not a matter of guts... it's a matter of time management.

Yea.    Did you ever pull that homework of yours out of the dog's mouth.?

The sun, man.   The sun, it got in my eyes.  

That's not my dope.   It belongs to a friend.  

Yours is creative at least, somewhat. 

WEEK 16 and then there were three, this should be interesting.  Next week might be more interesting when teams start sitting players.....if we make it that far.  :lol:

Screenshot_2019-12-21_130032.jpg

WEEK 17 and then there were just two and not much in the mosh pit left to pick from.

Good luck diehard and mjp.  ;)

......revised with my WEEK 17 pick 

Screenshot_2019-12-25_123108.jpg

PLAYOFF WEEK 1 - diehard and mjp head to head to the end.  Might take an upset to decide this one.

Oh and the other guys who made this all possible: :)

Screenshot_2019-12-30_201440.jpg

• Haha 1