THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Survival!

Zombo

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... well you know that under "Options" you can delete your own posts...

I will if you will...

What posts?  :mellow:

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

This one...

image.thumb.png.88bf7589027fdcfc06edd05c1ae1e5d0.png

Did I mention that I lie sometimes??? :ph34r:

Did I mention that I never hold grudges or try to get even or seek revenge?

Oh I thought I did....my bad.   :).       Just kidding.  

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Did I mention that I never hold grudges or try to get even or seek revenge?

Oh I thought I did....my bad.   :).       Just kidding.  

lol... you did...

I had to screenshot my original quoting of you to get that... but now that post has vanished... "Like a fart in the wind..."

So this is me "trying not to pick the obvious teams" getting the first strike with the Chicago loss in Oakland*... 

EDIT: London

33 minutes ago, Nero said:

So this is me "trying not to pick the obvious teams" getting the first strike with the Chicago loss in Oakland... 

I try to stay away from the London games 

2 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I try to stay away from the London games 

GOOD IDEA! Too unpredictable unlike the USA games with are very predictible.    :lol:

23 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

GOOD IDEA! Too unpredictable unlike the USA games with are very predictable.    :lol:

I didn't pick them fortunately- but I went against one of my major mantras- Never underestimate the ability of the Bengals to Bungle. Two terrible teams, and I was thinking a Bengal win at home- lower draft position. Kyler Murray looks like a bug out there that's going to get squashed sooner or later. The Queen City Kitties just may give the tanking Dolphins a run for the #1 overall draft pick after all.  Funny thing is they're not even trying to tank. 

When it went to OT, I was hoping for a tie in the Ratbird- Squealer game, an optimal outcome from a Browns perspective. Guess you can't have everything. BTW, I picked the Beagles to ground the Jets, so safely though another week... 

Three more departed Week 5: Baker a Beer, Berean and Woody thanks to KC, CLE and KC again...

While five joined the One-strike Club: Barry, DieHard, Kamac, London and Yours Truly as 3 took the KC lock over Indy and the other one plus me hitched our dream to CHI.

image.thumb.png.ef2674d35f5a3386bfc16e050795a679.png

And 6 of us are UNDEFEATED!   But in Survival is just one pick from d'oh and two from better luck next year.   And now the picking starts to get a little bit harder.   :o

Active Players (17)

Pick Set Pick % Users Picked Strikes
Betelgeuse
Pick Made

Browns149
Pick Made

curmudgeon
Pick Made

jrb12711
Pick Made

mjp's NFL SURVIVORS

Rick's Bold pick set

After WEEK 6 and headed into WEEK 7 with 13 in and 13 out and the easy picks are getting a little harder.

Screenshot_2019-10-15_162957.jpg

I decided to note which teams I would pick at the moment for every week till 16th, based on what have we seen so far. I hope it helps me to make decisions when choosing between two teams looking forward for future weeks.

Having said that, and after taking some time for this... Murphy's law will apply and most likely I'm getting eliminated soon, lol. 

On 10/15/2019 at 6:34 PM, Nero said:

I decided to note which teams I would pick at the moment for every week till 16th, based on what have we seen so far. I hope it helps me to make decisions when choosing between two teams looking forward for future weeks.

Having said that, and after taking some time for this... Murphy's law will apply and most likely I'm getting eliminated soon, lol. 

Good to think ahead Nero. I just made my pick.  The "safe" pick of the week is whoever is playing the Dolphins. Like 70% of the survivors picked them. If you want to survive- it pays to "save" the top teams- like the Patriots, until you have to use them... If Miami stages the big upset- a bunch of folks are going down in flames, especially those in one strike leagues.... 

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Good to think ahead Nero. I just made my pick.  *The "safe" pick of the week is whoever is playing the Dolphins. Like 70% of the survivors picked them. If you want to survive- it pays to "save" the top teams- like the Patriots, until you have to use them... If Miami stages the big upset- a bunch of folks are going down in flames, especially those in one strike leagues.... 

*Also known as the hoorta 2017 Browns strategy.......yeah like that strategy really works.  :lol:

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

*Also known as the hoorta 2017 Browns strategy.......yeah like that strategy really works.  :lol:

Well, of course it works. Alive and perfect  so far. I'm  even giving  away  trade secrets for the amateurs in this competition. Another  one, never  take  the Browns.  Z started off with a strike  game one ignoring  that caveat.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:34 PM, Nero said:

Yup....

Laid out a season's worth of picks... was perfect... went on vaca... forgot the sheet... and OUT...

• Sad 1

On 10/17/2019 at 1:48 AM, hoorta said:

Well, of course it works. Alive and perfect  so far. I'm  even giving  away  trade secrets for the amateurs in this competition. Another  one, never  take  the Browns.  Z started off with a strike  game one ignoring  that caveat.

This week- Hoo Dey, Hoo Dey, think gonna beat dem Bungles? Everyone, anyone. I was tempted to take the Vikes at home instead.   

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Diehard has been banned apparently.....does he get to continue with this?

Must have just got his pick in.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, The Gipper said:

Diehard has been banned apparently.....does he get to continue with this?

Don't  see why not. The Survivor  pool is part of Yahoo  Sports and has nothing  to do  with the  Board. Other than there's a  link to the  login. 

It would be  ironic  if he won though.  BTW, if you  don't  make a  pick in  time (before the  TNF game starts) it counts as a  strike. 

On 11/8/2019 at 1:43 PM, mjp28 said:

WEEK 10 - This thing is slowly getting shorter, 4 different picks this week.

Screenshot_2019-11-08_073917.jpg

With that upset against Atlanta, we could call that the New Orleans massacre. 4 eliminated players and 3 more getting their first strike. 

I was rooting for Atlanta but I didn't expect they would pull it. 

5 hours ago, Nero said:

With that upset against Atlanta, we could call that the New Orleans massacre. 4 eliminated players and 3 more getting their first strike. 

I was rooting for Atlanta but I didn't expect they would pull it. 

Not only that, but with the Colts losing to Miami, nine guys took strikes, and six guys with one strike got eliminated....  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not only that, but with the Colts losing to Miami, nine guys took strikes, and six guys with one strike got eliminated....  

Yeah, thanks for reminding me that... Shit. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nero said:

Yeah, thanks for reminding me that... Shit. 

Yeah and NO was the easy lock slam dunk pick too.    <_<

Now just Browns149 is a heartbeat away from the win in the elusive Survival !

Screenshot_2019-11-11_113058.jpg