THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Survival!

Zombo

The one League I have never won. That changes this year ... Because the Browns will win their opener!

Join now:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joinprivategroup?gid=8386&password=beer

NFL SURVIVOR LEAGUE

2010 BrownsROCK & Ballantyne Boozers

2011 RunninUover

2012 D Bone

2013 Jrb12711

2014 Kamac19 & #Freejoshgordon

2015 D Bone, Beanpot & London Brown

2016 London Brown, Curmudgeon

2017 Endymion

2018 Mark O

Group ID 8386
Group Password beer
Start Week 1
Two Picks Required Never
Deadline 5 minutes before the first game of each week
Number of Strikes 2 strikes and you're eliminated
Playoffs

Yes

• Zombo pinned this topic
9 minutes ago, Nero said:

Let's play. 

Unlike a few years ago when I got all the way to the Super Bowl and lost on point differential. I won't be picking whoever is playing the Browns this year. :) 

• Haha 2

On 8/22/2019 at 1:22 PM, The Gipper said:

Play what?
gtw.jpg

From one of my favorite old movies......but not as fun as playing in TBB games! Get in!

• 2 weeks later...

It's for fun every year...

... just that some years it's "fun+"...

Let's see how many Week 1 strikes the TNF deadline generates this year.

Also... not taking balls to chose our Brownies Week 1 this go 'round.

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Fair warning guys some "sports experts" are picking a TEN win......but I wouldn't go that far.  GO BROWNS, 1-0 baby!

On 9/4/2019 at 10:18 AM, Tour2ma said:

Ha, I used my guaranteed  win up week one. Made it to the  Super Bowl picking whoever  was playing the  1-15 Browns, thinking about picking whoever is  playing the Dolphins. Don't  get any ideas, I  have first  dibs on that gambit.  :D

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Ha, I used my guaranteed  win up week one. Made it to the  Super Bowl picking whoever  was playing the  1-15 Browns, thinking about picking whoever is  playing the Dolphins. Don't  get any ideas, I  have first  dibs on that gambit.  :D

I was thinking the same yesterday, and I remembered you saying that was your tactic with the curmudgeon (spell check?)

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

I was thinking the same yesterday, and I remembered you saying that was your tactic with the curmudgeon (spell check?)

Yeah, that was me. A curmudgeon is a bad tempered old person.  Cranky, sour puss if you like.

I hope I  live long enough to  actually see the  Browns win another  opener. Their  record  since  1999 is now 1- 19- 1. 

And.... we have our first no-pick casualty...

... in addition to those who were on the Panthers Thurs nite. :ph34r:

And for some reason there's a whole lotta folk on the Pats this week... :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Z....

Survivor is locked to us, but picks are already in by others...

image.png.caa8cf2f4c94ab82ba80a998a1b6f200.png

Can you "unlock" the season so any or all picks can be made now?

Can't do it because our deadline is 5 minutes before the pick, so theoretically, tonight's game is still on the table. Other leagues may have a 24 hour lock-in.

Zombo

13 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Can't do it because our deadline is 5 minutes before the pick, so theoretically, tonight's game is still on the table. Other leagues may have a 24 hour lock-in.

Wait... What???

I thought Survivor is locked at the TNF kickoff and Pro Pick'em has the 5-minute deadline???

On 9/15/2019 at 11:56 AM, Tour2ma said:

And.... we have our first no-pick casualty...

... in addition to those who were on the Panthers Thurs nite. :ph34r:

And for some reason there's a whole lotta folk on the Pats this week... :rolleyes:

Taking the  Pat's was the closest thing you could  get to a free  ride to  week  three. Over  30% of the guys in Yahoo  took the  low hanging  fruit.  Unfortunately,  I  can't  use the  Cowboys this week as I  (correctly) picked them beating the  Redskins. 

LOL, taking the team playing the Dolphins each week is  looking  more  and more  like the lead pipe lock choice. 

On 9/16/2019 at 12:53 PM, hoorta said:

Taking the  Pat's was the closest thing you could  get to a free  ride to  week  three. Over  30% of the guys in Yahoo  took the  low hanging  fruit.  Unfortunately,  I  can't  use the  Cowboys this week as I  (correctly) picked them beating the  Redskins. 

LOL, taking the team playing the Dolphins each week is  looking  more  and more  like the lead pipe lock choice. 

Sure looks like the Dolphins will be the next team to go 0-16

12 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Sure looks like the Dolphins will be the next team to go 0-16

Right now the odds are +350 to complete the feat. (bet $100 to win $350)  Odds Shark said the reason why the odds aren't longer is they still have to play the Jets twice, plus the Giants and Bengals....   

Week 4 a couple of us didn't get their picks in the rest took the LA Chargers.   :lol:

.......and will Miami ever win? Oh and GB just took a few guys out. Sorry.

It looks like there's a mass reliance on how woeful the Fins are... for which I blame hoorta!

So any upset will send a bunch into the strike zone...

That's not a worry this week as it's their BYE Week...

... and then there are the weeks they have rematches within the AFCE.

4 more were sent packing this week: D Bone, Endymion, Karlis Missed and Mark O (Polo).

3 joined the "One-strike Club"... Baker a beer and Flyin J's, who made no pick, and UGOT, who was Buc'd off the Rams.

Of the week's 17 correct picks... for some reason... 16 chose the Chargers. ;)

image.png.daccbc5abc7d96a18d4397bd2f76a554.png

On 9/30/2019 at 10:07 AM, Tour2ma said:

It looks like there's a mass reliance on how woeful the Fins are... for which I blame hoorta!

So any upset will send a bunch into the strike zone...

That's not a worry this week as it's their BYE Week...

... and then there are the weeks they have rematches within the AFCE.

LOL, I'm  picking bye this week against the  Dolphins. With Miami  not an option, it gets a little  tougher choosing a  winner. ;)

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Ummmmm....

Survival impact? ;)

I was wondering how I was getting so screwed up doing NCAA, pro, pickems, survival, FLs and all that stuff here......turns out every morning I get constantly interupted and was jumping back and forth. Plus they feed you 3 times in 9 hours......sheeeesh!

Well afternoons are much better here, less butt-ins to get my important stuff done.  Now don't bother me and yes I already gave blood this morning!  :lol:

There now I'm settled in.