Orion

What did we think of Hilliard in game 1

Hilliard will be fine with more reps.  Lets see how the rest of pre-season shakes out.  But his hands from the backfield appear to be quite steady.

2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I’d say Dorsey brings in a vet soon. I’d keep an eye out for Charkandrick West. 

Possible, but that's depends more upon how D'Ernest "The Other" Johnson continues to show. He had a nice little Game 1... if it continues then any vet additions can be put off until after final cuts. Even into the season if we have three healthy backs rostered.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

any vet additions can be put off until after final cuts. Even into the season

...what He said.

We signed the guys that we have for a reason.  We have to see them enough to be sure about them....one way or the other.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Possible, but that's depends more upon how D'Ernest "The Other" Johnson continues to show. He had a nice little Game 1... if it continues then any vet additions can be put off until after final cuts. 

D'Ernest Johnson also did KO & Punt returns at South Fla..and As the ACC watcher 👀 this guy got late touches with some nice burst..hope to see more.. why are we looking for another FB? a 6'2" 233'er that can run 4.37  https://caneswarning.com/2019/03/25/miami-hurricanes-pro-day-early-analysis-trayone-gray-has-blazing-40/       i don't think we keep one? but we may, beef up a FB on PS?

I think Hilliard will be fine as a receiver, there probably won't be that much of a drop off, but his running seemed to lacking, definitely not as physical as Duke.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

why are we looking for another FB? a 6'2" 233'er that can run 4.37  https://caneswarning.com/2019/03/25/miami-hurricanes-pro-day-early-analysis-trayone-gray-has-blazing-40/

Yeah.  I WOULD like to see more of that guy.  He had 2 carries for 16 yards. (#43)

I guess he will do. Not sure he would of been as good as Duke would of been as a split end. Duke had great hands and was perfect for a check down situation. 

12 hours ago, medicineman said:

Not sure he would of been as good as Duke would of been as a split end.

Agree with this... I always felt Duke was underutilized in this role... especially in 2017 when our WR corps was nothing to brag about.

Now? Really is no need for him in that role.

• Thanks 1

I never understood the thinking of turning Duke into a WR.  Fortunately, Dorsey went out and got 'real' WR's.

• Upvote 1

Hilliard looked solid... He'll be ok