THE BROWNS BOARD

Callaway suspended for substance abuse

Icecube

this reads more like..1) Callaway admits messing up "driving back" 2.) around the time Monkin reported Cab as "out of shape"..Callaway & Browns knew at that point of pending suspension from nfl..3) Cab was forced by browns to tell his teammates yesterday, before nfl announced.. 

10 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Just cut ties with Callaway now , Dorsey took a chance and gave him an opportunity with his past history . Antonio didn’t respect Dorsey enough considering the opportunity he was given 

It would definitely set a precedent that professionalism is expected by the Browns organization, that this isn't the same Browns team that gives Josh Gordon chance after chance. 

On 8/9/2019 at 3:33 PM, tiamat63 said:

Hollywood already took Callaway's spot.      Agreed on the latter.

Depends on the next CBA, where weed will absolutely be addressed.

I agree.  I don't think it will be on the list of banned substances.

If there is any good in this is it opens a roster spot for Guiseppi if he keeps looking good.  At least a 4 game opening.  At that point we will be better able to decide on who sticks and who is gone once Calloway comes back.  I doubt we will cut him.

after the on and off again fiasco of suspension after suspension of we-all-know-who at wr...

"thin ice" is going to be more like "walked to the edge of the plank off a pirate ship and toes over the edge".

Kitchens and Dorsey won't put up with it.

haven't heard about "it wasn't my weed" whatever.

I like this article on it:

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/08/10/callaway-gives-cleveland-browns-the-adversity-they-wanted/

btw, how does Calloway get a 4 game suspension, but Tyreek Hill gets no suspension?

very strange.

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

after the on and off again fiasco of suspension after suspension of we-all-know-who at wr...

"thin ice" is going to be more like "walked to the edge of the plank off a pirate ship and toes over the edge".

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/08/10/callaway-gives-cleveland-browns-the-adversity-they-wanted/

btw, how does Calloway get a 4 game suspension, but Tyreek Hill gets no suspension?

very strange.

Proof 

45 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

very strange.

I think for Callaway it’s considered a second offense with his pee test fail before the combine. I don’t think he ever got tested after his traffic incident before last season, or if he was he tested ok.

"thin ice" is going to be more like "walked to the edge of the plank off a pirate ship in a storm and toes over the edge".

If Calloway fails again later on, and gets suspended again...

I would hate to have cut D. J. Montgomery.

The Browns have a LOT of serious decisions to make.

We're not going to mess around with him. It breaks my heart, but this kid will either be cut or traded in the coming weeks. I honestly don't WANT to lose him, but we're simply not going to tolerate bullshit anymore. I heart aches for people struggling with drugs, and I don't need to go into how I hate the NFL's stance on pot, but rules are rules. We don't want distractions, and Callaway is one. I hope he figures it out, I really do. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

We're not going to mess around with him. It breaks my heart, but this kid will either be cut or traded in the coming weeks. I honestly don't WANT to lose him, but we're simply not going to tolerate bullshit anymore. I heart aches for people struggling with drugs, and I don't need to go into how I hate the NFL's stance on pot, but rules are rules. We don't want distractions, and Callaway is one. I hope he figures it out, I really do. 

I wonder if his bags are packed.....yet?

The thing with Callaway is he has a pattern of poor decisions. This isn't a drug problem he can't control, this is yet another self-destructive life choice, like passing bad checks or committing fraud or whatever he did during college that had nothing to do with weed. I know I'm shocked that throwing over a million dollars at a kid who was kicked off the Florida Gators somehow didn't make him grow up. 

Damn shame, the Browns could use him, even with the talent in the WR room. 

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The thing with Callaway is he has a pattern of poor decisions. This isn't a drug problem he can't control, this is yet another self-destructive life choice, like passing bad checks or committing fraud or whatever he did during college that had nothing to do with weed. I know I'm shocked that throwing over a million dollars at a kid who was kicked off the Florida Gators somehow didn't make him grow up. 

Damn shame, the Browns could use him, even with the talent in the WR room. 

True but you don't want someone who ends up on some list poisoning your team......uh-oh he's already there.

Screenshot_2019-08-11_135558.jpg

Screenshot_2019-08-11_135257.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:13 AM, 7moses7 said:

Just cut ties with Callaway now , Dorsey took a chance and gave him an opportunity with his past history . Antonio didn’t respect Dorsey enough considering the opportunity he was given 

Maybe try to trade him, he is a talent, I would never just cut him, even if we get a 5th rounder for him send him to a team he least would want to go but in all honesty he made a mistake, Can't say I would not make a mistake in the same situation it is only 1 mess up, the guy did play well for a rookie last year and is a burner. Let this paly out but only on very thin ice 

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

These rules are simply arbitrary and capricious, promulgated by idjits who just make shit up as they go along.

I am assuming that in the next  CBA, there will be a panel empowered to administer this sort of thing....not just some dweebs in the basement in NYC.

• Thanks 1