Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Icecube

Callaway suspended for substance abuse

Recommended Posts

They test for alcohol too. Just ask Gordon. He got busted for a beer. Last I heard, it’s legal. Pot may have a ways to go yet

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this reads more like..1) Callaway admits messing up "driving back" 2.) around the time Monkin reported Cab as "out of shape"..Callaway & Browns knew at that point of pending suspension from nfl..3) Cab was forced by browns to tell his teammates yesterday, before nfl announced.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And some thought Gordon was irreplaceable...

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just cut ties with Callaway now , Dorsey took a chance and gave him an opportunity with his past history . Antonio didn’t respect Dorsey enough considering the opportunity he was given 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Just cut ties with Callaway now , Dorsey took a chance and gave him an opportunity with his past history . Antonio didn’t respect Dorsey enough considering the opportunity he was given 

It would definitely set a precedent that professionalism is expected by the Browns organization, that this isn't the same Browns team that gives Josh Gordon chance after chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly we don't need him, or that kind of baggage hanging around the locker room. The dorse should take the next few weeks and try to trade him. Someone will take him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 3:33 PM, tiamat63 said:

Hollywood already took Callaway's spot.      Agreed on the latter.

 

Depends on the next CBA, where weed will absolutely be addressed.

I agree.  I don't think it will be on the list of banned substances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is any good in this is it opens a roster spot for Guiseppi if he keeps looking good.  At least a 4 game opening.  At that point we will be better able to decide on who sticks and who is gone once Calloway comes back.  I doubt we will cut him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the reports and articles I’ve read, he’s on very thin ice with this FO. If he screws up again, he’ll be heading to Foxboro

Kitchens and Dorsey are both pissed about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after the on and off again fiasco of suspension after suspension of we-all-know-who at wr...

"thin ice" is going to be more like "walked to the edge of the plank off a pirate ship and toes over the edge".

Kitchens and Dorsey won't put up with it.

haven't heard about "it wasn't my weed" whatever.

I like this article on it:

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/08/10/callaway-gives-cleveland-browns-the-adversity-they-wanted/

btw, how does Calloway get a 4 game suspension, but Tyreek Hill gets no suspension?

very strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

after the on and off again fiasco of suspension after suspension of we-all-know-who at wr...

"thin ice" is going to be more like "walked to the edge of the plank off a pirate ship and toes over the edge".

Kitchens and Dorsey won't put up with it.

haven't heard about "it wasn't my weed" whatever.

I like this article on it:

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/08/10/callaway-gives-cleveland-browns-the-adversity-they-wanted/

btw, how does Calloway get a 4 game suspension, but Tyreek Hill gets no suspension?

very strange.

Proof 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

after the on and off again fiasco of suspension after suspension of we-all-know-who at wr...

"thin ice" is going to be more like "walked to the edge of the plank off a pirate ship and toes over the edge".

Kitchens and Dorsey won't put up with it.

haven't heard about "it wasn't my weed" whatever.

I like this article on it:

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/08/10/callaway-gives-cleveland-browns-the-adversity-they-wanted/

btw, how does Calloway get a 4 game suspension, but Tyreek Hill gets no suspension?

very strange.

I think for Callaway it’s considered a second offense with his pee test fail before the combine. I don’t think he ever got tested after his traffic incident before last season, or if he was he tested ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after the on and off again fiasco of suspension after suspension of we-all-know-who at wr...

"thin ice" is going to be more like "walked to the edge of the plank off a pirate ship in a storm and toes over the edge".

If Calloway fails again later on, and gets suspended again...

I would hate to have cut D. J. Montgomery.

The Browns have a LOT of serious decisions to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're not going to mess around with him. It breaks my heart, but this kid will either be cut or traded in the coming weeks. I honestly don't WANT to lose him, but we're simply not going to tolerate bullshit anymore. I heart aches for people struggling with drugs, and I don't need to go into how I hate the NFL's stance on pot, but rules are rules. We don't want distractions, and Callaway is one. I hope he figures it out, I really do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

We're not going to mess around with him. It breaks my heart, but this kid will either be cut or traded in the coming weeks. I honestly don't WANT to lose him, but we're simply not going to tolerate bullshit anymore. I heart aches for people struggling with drugs, and I don't need to go into how I hate the NFL's stance on pot, but rules are rules. We don't want distractions, and Callaway is one. I hope he figures it out, I really do. 

I wonder if his bags are packed.....yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with Callaway is he has a pattern of poor decisions. This isn't a drug problem he can't control, this is yet another self-destructive life choice, like passing bad checks or committing fraud or whatever he did during college that had nothing to do with weed. I know I'm shocked that throwing over a million dollars at a kid who was kicked off the Florida Gators somehow didn't make him grow up. 

Damn shame, the Browns could use him, even with the talent in the WR room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The thing with Callaway is he has a pattern of poor decisions. This isn't a drug problem he can't control, this is yet another self-destructive life choice, like passing bad checks or committing fraud or whatever he did during college that had nothing to do with weed. I know I'm shocked that throwing over a million dollars at a kid who was kicked off the Florida Gators somehow didn't make him grow up. 

Damn shame, the Browns could use him, even with the talent in the WR room. 

True but you don't want someone who ends up on some list poisoning your team......uh-oh he's already there.

Screenshot_2019-08-11_135558.jpg

Screenshot_2019-08-11_135257.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:13 AM, 7moses7 said:

Just cut ties with Callaway now , Dorsey took a chance and gave him an opportunity with his past history . Antonio didn’t respect Dorsey enough considering the opportunity he was given 

Maybe try to trade him, he is a talent, I would never just cut him, even if we get a 5th rounder for him send him to a team he least would want to go but in all honesty he made a mistake, Can't say I would not make a mistake in the same situation it is only 1 mess up, the guy did play well for a rookie last year and is a burner. Let this paly out but only on very thin ice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

These rules are simply arbitrary and capricious, promulgated by idjits who just make shit up as they go along.

I am assuming that in the next  CBA, there will be a panel empowered to administer this sort of thing....not just some dweebs in the basement in NYC.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×