THE BROWNS BOARD

Callaway suspended for substance abuse

Icecube

it's tough to draft guys with weed etc problems.

on the bright side:

"Hello, Jaelen Strong !!! He was really impressive.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-wr-jaelen-strong-proving-his-worth-with-the-browns-after-acl-injury

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Welp, if it is good juice...that might explain the hammy.

Edit: likely just weed.

As of right now, just as bad as results as PEDs. And now he's gonna be randomly tested for drugs the rest of his career, and he's shown he can't stay off the weed, so his career could be over. 

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

Hollywood Higgins next man up.   Weed ain't shit either

Hollywood already took Callaway's spot.      Agreed on the latter.

18 minutes ago, Icecube said:

As of right now, just as bad as results as PEDs. And now he's gonna be randomly tested for drugs the rest of his career, and he's shown he can't stay off the weed, so his career could be over. 

Depends on the next CBA, where weed will absolutely be addressed.

They knew he was a character risk when they drafted him: He had 1-2 round skills taken in the 4th (and they moved up to get him) due to his prior history with hippie lettuce. 

It was a gamble. I'm not liking how it feels at this point. $1,000 body, 10 cent head. 

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

Hollywood Higgins next man up. Not worried. This was from an incident last year apparently before the season, so I guess his appeals ran out and now theyu're suspending him. Not worried. Weed ain't shit either, im more worried about PED users

"Weed" may not be "shit" except that it gets you suspended from playing in the NFL. How stupid do you have to be? Throwing away millions just to toke. That takes a real idiot. After you retire with 10's of millions in the bank, get baked all you want. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Icecube said:

When it's totally legal, no way does the NFL keep testing for it. But we ain't there yet. 

Well aware of that.  However to say Callaway's career could be over because of it is....  premature.      It's looking bleak though, I won't lie about that.

With Beckham, Landry, Higgins he is battling for one of the last spots in the reciever room. With so many young players playing well I say package him with some picks and try and get trent William's. They need help at the position and I doubt they will get anything as good as a young promising receiver and a mid round pick

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Well aware of that.  However to say Callaway's career could be over because of it is....  premature.      It's looking bleak though, I won't lie about that.

Of course it's not technically over right now, just saying this means he will be tested randomly from now on (until the NFL stops testing for it) and his past is checkered with his inability to stop the hippie lettuce. Such a shame. And a waste. 

Just now, Louisville Slugger said:

With Beckham, Landry, Higgins he is battling for one of the last spots in the reciever room. With so many young players playing well I say package him with some picks and try and get trent William's. They need help at the position and I doubt they will get anything as good as a young promising receiver and a mid round pick

That would be a major coup, but I can't see Skins going for it, as far as Calloway goes. But Williams would be an incredible upgrade to OL. 

Which should leave some to wonder how Joe Haden has gone all of these years without getting busted.. He smokes more pot than anybody...

37 minutes ago, stanhickerson9 said:

NFL needs to change its rules on pot. It's a hell of a lot safer than booze and it helps players stay off pain meds.

Not sure too many folks would disagree with that. I expect it to be a big talking point with the new CBA  Even non-weed people aren’t too bent out of shape about it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

Same result. 

smokin weed only enhances calling the pizza dude..than sprinkling smashed Doritos on top of it..your the only member that can fix it in edit post..we run a first class board rookie;)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Hollywood Higgins next man up. Not worried. This was from an incident last year apparently before the season, so I guess his appeals ran out and now theyu're suspending him. Not worried. Weed ain't shit either, im more worried about PED users

Ah that explains why Freddie said something about it being a thing before he was with the Browns.