Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ATOM

Guiseppi up next on the Rich Eison show

Recommended Posts

Rich gushed over his story and no one gush's like Rich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ATOM said:

Rich gushed over his story and no one gush's like Rich

And it's a CLEVELAND BROWNS story, media darlings again this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And it's a CLEVELAND BROWNS story, media darlings again this year.

I believe i read that the Haslems were really pulling for him also 

but I just wonder were else he can contribute to warrant a roster spot  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the poll on the sports news asked if he should make the roster, 95% said YES.

I saw where he actually wore OBJ's shoes?

The locker room chanted his name, he's a popular guy by the looks of the celebration.

He might be one of the very top kick returners in the NFL later on in the regular season.

You can bet he isn't a kid who will throw it all away on dope....

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/08/09/cleveland-browns-damon-sheehy-guiseppi-odell-beckham-shoes-touchdown/1965916001/

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't get enough of watching this kid's takeoff 🛫 after 10 yards.. had a little bobble on the handle, but then, squeezed that pigskin to death for takeoff..i pinned the 1st article when Alonzo Highsmith met a kid that he never knew..The last words in the article from Alonzo Highsmith were & i will quote "I've been in this business 22 years now. And that doesn't happen very often.And the chance of him making the team are even slimmer. But if he does? It'll be one of the greatest stories of all time".. keep chasing that dream Sheehy #15 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

can't get enough of watching this kid's takeoff 🛫 after 10 yards.. had a little bobble on the handle, but then, squeezed that pigskin to death for takeoff..i pinned the 1st article when Alonzo Highsmith met a kid that he never knew..The last words in the article from Alonzo Highsmith were & i will quote "I've been in this business 22 years now. And that doesn't happen very often.And the chance of him making the team are even slimmer. But if he does? It'll be one of the greatest stories of all time".. keep chasing that dream Sheehy #15 

Careful gumby, your posts are starting to sound coherent.🤗😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ATOM said:

but I just wonder were else he can contribute to warrant a roster spot 

The 'feel good' answer is yes.

The reality answer is no.  He's dropped passes.  He juggled the punt return.  There was a huge hole that, as Hue would say, 'Anybody could've run through'.  

He's the Cajuste story of 2019.  

Do I wish the best for him?  Absolutely!  It's hard to teach speed.  But the other guys, his competition, are catching the ball.  He's got three weeks to show that he can run routes, catch the ball, and block when called for.  - He's helped by the fact that Callaway is off the roster for 4 weeks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ATOM said:

I believe i read that the Haslems were really pulling for him also 

but I just wonder were else he can contribute to warrant a roster spot  

He's a "specialist". In the category of a long snapper- do you really need one of those on the roster? 

3 hours ago, Orion said:

The 'feel good' answer is yes.

The reality answer is no.  He's dropped passes.  He juggled the punt return.  There was a huge hole that, as Hue would say, 'Anybody could've run through'.  

He's the Cajuste story of 2019.  

Do I wish the best for him?  Absolutely!  It's hard to teach speed.  But the other guys, his competition, are catching the ball.  He's got three weeks to show that he can run routes, catch the ball, and block when called for.  - He's helped by the fact that Callaway is off the roster for 4 weeks...

Bingo! that may have well earned him a roster spot- totally dependent of course on what he does in the next preseason games. I'm not the sentimental type. KNR put it pretty clearly. Do you want your #6 wr to be a marginal WR, and suck at punt returns, or do you want the same out of a #6 WR that's really good at returning kicks?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hoorta said:

He's a "specialist". In the category of a long snapper- do you really need one of those on the roster? 

A kickoff/punt returner?  Yes we do need one on the roster.  see:  Josh Cribbs

Bingo! that may have well earned him a roster spot- totally dependent of course on what he does in the next preseason games. I'm not the sentimental type. KNR put it pretty clearly. Do you want your #6 wr to be a marginal WR, and suck at punt returns, or do you want the same out of a #6 WR that's really good at returning kicks?   

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 12:45 PM, ATOM said:

Rich gushed over his story and no one gush's like Rich

       kid has the speaking voice of singer Michael Jackson ..nickname- Thriller?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

       kid has the speaking voice of singer Michael Jackson ..nickname- Thriller?

speaking of nicknames i have seen Higgins sporting a Metallica tee and OBJ wearing a Iron Maiden shirt so how bout Heavy Metal for are WR'S and ofcourse since Baker wears #6 he could be the number of the beast

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He's a "specialist". In the category of a long snapper- do you really need one of those on the roster? 

A kickoff/punt returner?  Yes we do need one on the roster.  see:  Josh Cribbs

Bingo! that may have well earned him a roster spot- totally dependent of course on what he does in the next preseason games. I'm not the sentimental type. KNR put it pretty clearly. Do you want your #6 wr to be a marginal WR, and suck at punt returns, or do you want the same out of a #6 WR that's really good at returning kicks?   

Sure we need one of those (KO\PR)- I haven't forgotten Cribbs. I'm pulling for the kid to make the team. As I mentioned, Callaway getting suspended for the first four games opens the door for Damon to make the roster. Depending of course how the next preseason games unfold. One kick return for a TD in the preseason isn't going to earn you a roster spot. Who can forget our past training camp sensation Ben Gay, who's probably out there somewhere working at a gas station. 

BTW, I looked it up on Pro Football reference- Sheehy is both bigger 5'11" and 185, heavier than two of the Browns famous waterbugs from the past Gerald "Ice Cube"McNeil and Dino Hall.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ATOM said:

speaking of nicknames i have seen Higgins sporting a Metallica tee and OBJ wearing a Iron Maiden shirt so how bout Heavy Metal for are WR'S and ofcourse since Baker wears #6 he could be the number of the beast

Except the NFL won't allow 666, if you want to be exact. Got to be between 1 and 99. I don't think they allow "0" to be used anymore, though Jim Otto wore it way back in the past. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sure we need one of those (KO\PR)- I haven't forgotten Cribbs. I'm pulling for the kid to make the team. As I mentioned, Callaway getting suspended for the first four games opens the door for Damon to make the roster. Depending of course how the next preseason games unfold. One kick return for a TD in the preseason isn't going to earn you a roster spot. Who can forget our past training camp sensation Ben Gay, who's probably out there somewhere working at a gas station. 

BTW, I looked it up on Pro Football reference- Sheehy is both bigger 5'11" and 185, heavier than two of the Browns famous waterbugs from the past Gerald "Ice Cube"McNeil and Dino Hall.  

I understand that  one big play does not a career or season make. I am just hopeful that we can find someone who can handle those jobs well. 

Callaway now out leaves a hole.  Hilliard running at backup RB now leaves a spot. (and honestly...neither of them performed those jobs that well last year).   So, in my mind, the Browns DO  have an opening for a "starting"   kick/punt returner.....with no real other viable candidate in sight for the job.

Or am I forgetting about somebody?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Or am I forgetting about somebody?

Landry & OBJ in a pinch.. Edit--guys when ya get to the draft in Cleveland..Make sure ya stop by Rich Eisen's charity booth..drop a donation? Rich will gladly get a photo with you/family or friends..Though from Ickey-gan, He's a great guy & loves talking football with the youngsters..Tell him Gumby sent you;)..And he might give you the same line he gives me every year.."Tell me your wives nickname is Pokie"? 🤠 well yes of course..When ya see Smitty (Steve Smith) grab right above them man titties & pop that CLEVELAND right at him 👀..Vegas is next year, but plan ahead locals, for 2/3 days at the draft in 2021..And you Don't want to miss draft nite one..should be a crazy time..i may book a trip up myself     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, in my mind, the Browns DO  have an opening for a "starting"   kick/punt returner

But perhaps in 'their' mind they might see having another thumper RB that can convert 3rd & 1 in case Chubb is dinged as more of a necessity.

I think the stars have to line up for Guiseppi  to make the roster.  But if he does, he has to get a haircut.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orion said:

But perhaps in 'their' mind they might see having another thumper RB that can convert 3rd & 1 in case Chubb is dinged as more of a necessity.

Isn't that what Kareem Hunt is for?  Eventually?

I think the stars have to line up for Guiseppi  to make the roster.  But if he does, he has to get a haircut.  

Oh, for sure. Still, the job of punt/KOR is still open.  Fair to say?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:32 PM, calfoxwc said:

the poll on the sports news asked if he should make the roster, 95% said YES.

I saw where he actually wore OBJ's shoes?

The locker room chanted his name, he's a popular guy by the looks of the celebration.

He might be one of the very top kick returners in the NFL later on in the regular season.

You can bet he isn't a kid who will throw it all away on dope....

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/08/09/cleveland-browns-damon-sheehy-guiseppi-odell-beckham-shoes-touchdown/1965916001/

What's the point of having a bunch of $$$ if you can't blow it all on dope? Ask Josh what's his name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of folks are rootin for ya, kid...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/us/nfl-rookie-sheehy-guiseppi-touchdown-trnd/index.html

Thursday night's touchdown helped the Browns beat the Redskins. But to add to the outlandish story, Sheehy-Guiseppi had misplaced his cleats before the game, according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, so he was running in star teammate Odell Beckham Jr.'s cleats.
"I'm just blessed to be healthy and be in the position that I am," Sheehy-Guiseppi said. "I just try to stay in the moment and just think about what's to come next. I'm super proud to be able to take advantage of moments like that."
 
Highsmith has high hopes: "Incredible. To be out of football as long as he's been out, and still have that type of speed? That means he's fast. And now he's eating three square meals a day, sleeping in his own bed. The sky's the limit for him."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Oh, for sure. Still, the job of punt/KOR is still open.  Fair to say?

Well, yes.  But unless it's someone exceptional, you usually assign it to a wr, db, rb, etc.   Is Guiseppi exceptional?  So far, he's returned a punt for a td at the end of the 4th quarter, against the bottom of the Redskins roster.  We'll have to try him returning earlier in games and see how he fare's.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Orion said:

Well, yes.  But unless it's someone exceptional, you usually assign it to a wr, db, rb, etc.   Is Guiseppi exceptional?  So far, he's returned a punt for a td at the end of the 4th quarter, against the bottom of the Redskins roster.  We'll have to try him returning earlier in games and see how he fare's.  

 

Fair enough.  But if he does not get that job/those jobs....who will?  NO ONE has distinguished themselves at all....either last year or in training camp, that I see, except this guy.   Even if it was against scrubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

NO ONE has distinguished themselves at all....either last year or in training camp, that I see, except this guy.   Even if it was against scrubs.

Yup.  It's been kind of a weak spot for us.  We're desperate for someone to step forward.  He's taken a step forward....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I correct in thinking Travis Benjamin was the last Brown to return a punt for a TD & didn't he leave in 2015?

Why not keep the kid? At least we would finally have another THREAT!

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orion said:

Well, yes.  But unless it's someone exceptional, you usually assign it to a wr, db, rb, etc.   Is Guiseppi exceptional?  So far, he's returned a punt for a td at the end of the 4th quarter, against the bottom of the Redskins roster.  We'll have to try him returning earlier in games and see how he fare's.  

 

Look for Giudo :D to see plenty of KO PR duty over the next couple games. Hey, he's been out of football for a couple years, and only played at the JUCO level. That and the NFL are two different worlds. I'll cut him a break if he's "rusty".   

MHO? He'd have to totally suck as a WR to not make the team. And do you really want to trot OBJ or Landry out there risking injury returning kicks? I sure don't. 

Should Sheehy turn in a couple more big plays in the return game, there's no way the Browns would be able to hide him on the Practice squad, he'd be snapped up by another team instantly. 

The current management team and talent evaluators are on a whole different level from what we've seen in the past. I haven't forgotten they had future HOFer Antonio Gates right under their noses, and didn't realize it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Look for Giudo :D to see plenty of KO PR duty over the next couple games. Hey, he's been out of football for a couple years, and only played at the JUCO level. That and the NFL are two different worlds. I'll cut him a break if he's "rusty".   

MHO? He'd have to totally suck as a WR to not make the team. And do you really want to trot OBJ or Landry out there risking injury returning kicks? I sure don't. 

Should Sheehy turn in a couple more big plays in the return game, there's no way the Browns would be able to hide him on the Practice squad, he'd be snapped up by another team instantly. 

The current management team and talent evaluators are on a whole different level from what we've seen in the past. I haven't forgotten they had future HOFer Antonio Gates right under their noses, and didn't realize it. 

He does look Italian doesn’t he? 

I was a little embarrassed for him acting all gassed and sucking oxygen after that magnificent run back. A better play would have been to act all hard like it was no big deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I was a little embarrassed for him acting all gassed and sucking oxygen after that magnificent run back. A better play would have been to act all hard like it was no big deal. 

Well, part of that could be because he was flat on his back in the end zone and everyone jumped on him....making it hard for him to breath under there.  He probably got gassed twice.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Orion said:

Well, part of that could be because he was flat on his back in the end zone and everyone jumped on him....making it hard for him to breath under there.  He probably got gassed twice.

You bet! The 1st guy "affectionately" clothes-lined him & I thought the same thing, that he could damn near suffocate under there.

Mike

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kid's name makes him sound like a hitman for the Lucchese crime family, but as long as he can tote the rock into the end zone, he's good in my book. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×