THE BROWNS BOARD

Defensive observations from tonights game...

Clevfan4life

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

If I had to say what LBer I think can be a superstar that I confess a great deal of optimism toward despite how early it is  - it's Mack Wilson.  I think he's going to replace 1 of our previous starters in the very near future. 

From the SEC White (for his ability to dominate an offense) and Mack (for his coverage skills) were the two players I thought would best fit our weaknesses at LB. Takitaki was not even on my radar, but then I was most familiar with watching SEC teams so that is understandable. But apparently Mack has shown so much in OTAs that it was no surprise to staff what he did in that first preseason game. He's gonna be an impact player for us on the level of Garrett. Fully capable of making some game changing plays out there. Sure he will be the rookie who gets burned now and again, but long run we got ourselves a star in the making IMO.                                                                                                                                                                                          

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

From the SEC White (for his ability to dominate an offense) and Mack (for his coverage skills) were the two players I thought would best fit our weaknesses at LB. Takitaki was not even on my radar, but then I was most familiar with watching SEC teams so that is understandable. But apparently Mack has shown so much in OTAs that it was no surprise to staff what he did in that first preseason game. He's gonna be an impact player for us on the level of Garrett. Fully capable of making some game changing plays out there. Sure he will be the rookie who gets burned now and again, but long run we got ourselves a star in the making IMO.                                                                                                                                                                                          

I have wanted a dominant, aggressive, physical LB in Cleveland for a VERY long time & I think Mack can & will be that guy.

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2