THE BROWNS BOARD

Duke Johnson traded

medicineman

Well... Looks like Duke's gonna get his chance to be "the guy".

Starting Texan RB, Lamar Miller, tore his ACL vs. da Boys last nite adding injury to insult in HOU's 34-0 loss in an intra-state preseason game that's as real as they get.

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Well... Looks like Duke's gonna get his chance to be "the guy".

Starting Texan RB, Lamar Miller, tore his ACL vs. da Boys last nite adding injury to insult in HOU's 34-0 loss in an intra-state preseason game that's as real as they get.

He is not an every down back.  Not really.  So, he may be "the guy"...but he unlikely will not be "The Man".   He he is very good in his role as a 3rd down back, but he is not the hammer that you sometimes need back there. I guess they will be scouting the waiver wire for a short yardage guy,  unless they think they have in tow already.

Fair to say?

• Like 1

Just now, The Gipper said:

He is not an every down back.  Not really.  So, he may be "the guy"...but he unlikely will not be "The Man".   He he is very good in his role as a 3rd down back, but he is not the hammer that you sometimes need back there. I guess they will be scouting the waiver wire for a short yardage guy,  unless they think they have in tow already.

Fair to say?

There will be plenty of short yardage type of backs out there after final team cuts. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Fair to say?

i dunno, i think he can easily do heavy lifting...but maybe only for a season or so. He needs to be paired with a short ydage back....then he can easily be the man. We're spoiled now cause chubb is that all purpose workhorse u can run east/west north/south and u have no dropoff. 

43 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i dunno, i think he can easily do heavy lifting...but maybe only for a season or so. He needs to be paired with a short ydage back....then he can easily be the man. We're spoiled now cause chubb is that all purpose workhorse u can run east/west north/south and u have no dropoff. 

I agree. I have a high opinion of Duke and think he can damn well whatever he sets his mind to on a football field. Watching Hunt blocking blitzers in the back field made me miss him already.

I recall that game last year when we were trying to run out the clock to seal the deal, and everyone and their mothers knew we were running it, and Duke was the guy running it. And run it he did, first down and cake and ice cream for all.

He's never appeared to be an every down back to me.  If he's in there for a handful of plays or so,  and ran the ball a few times, he'll have his hand up to be spelled.   And he tends to get dinged in games that he has to run the ball more than a couple of carries.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I didn't mention a dweeb from A&M.

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Here's the Texans' RB depth chart...

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well now, that will strike fear into the hearts of men!.......NOT

He was in Tours collection of Texans RBs and that was your reaction to it.

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He was in Tours collection of Texans RBs and that was your reaction to it.

That list didn't say where each of those guys went to school.    I mean, it also had like Davy Crockett on there...Damarea or somebody. Wouldn't a team called the Texans hope to have a Crockett on it?

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That list didn't say where each of those guys went to school.    I mean, it also had like Davy Crockett on there...Damarea or somebody. Wouldn't a team called the Texans hope to have a Crockett on it?

Yeah and he's a dead money hit💀😱.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

He would, as he brings little to the table here a lot of times. 

Or it could be we have different interests. You like trivia and I think it's a useless waste of my time. I like scouting potential players to draft and you could care less. To each his own.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Or it could be we have different interests. You like trivia and I think it's a useless waste of my time. I like scouting potential players to draft and you could care less. To each his own.

I like to be informed and to be a fan of the sport, you apparently don't.   And I do my share of scouting potential players to draft.  Hell, I put more draft data on here as anyone practically.   Go back and check.  I am not manic about it though. 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I like to be informed and to be a fan of the sport, you apparently don't.   And I do my share of scouting potential players to draft.  Hell, I put more draft data on here as anyone practically.   Go back and check.  I am not manic about it though. 

Trivia does not prove you are a fan of the sport to the exclusion of those who don't care for it. What was that lawyer term you like so much, non sequitur? It's come full circle like a boomerang.🤕 I kind of like that other lawyer talk though-specious.😜https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/specious

"Use specious to describe an argument that seems to be good, correct, or logical, but is not so."

EDIT: Actually Gip I kind of enjoy these little verbal jousts with you almost as much as I like to follow your Travel America thread in the Barber Shop. And all kidding and prodding aside, I really do like that thread. 😁

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Trivia does not prove you are a fan of the sport to the exclusion of those who don't care for it. What was that lawyer term you like so much, non sequitur? It's come full circle like a boomerang.🤕 I kind of like that other lawyer talk though-specious.😜https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/specious

"Use specious to describe an argument that seems to be good, correct, or logical, but is not so."

EDIT: Actually Gip I kind of enjoy these little verbal jousts with you almost as much as I like to follow your Travel America thread in the Barber Shop. And all kidding and prodding aside, I really do like that thread. 😁

Specious means essentially disingenuous. It is specious of you to disclaim an interest in trivia and then to prattle on about TAMU punters.   And yes I will need to make more contributions to the American threadAnd yes I will need to make more contributions to the American thread

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Specious means essentially disingenuous. It is specious of you to disclaim an interest in trivia and then to prattle on about TAMU punters.   And yes I will need to make more contributions to the American threadAnd yes I will need to make more contributions to the American thread

I was gonna say something about Tom Tupa too, but did not want to bore the others.😂

And we're headed for Disneyworld with a bunch of relatives Thanksgiving week to celebrate our upcoming 50th. Could not get all the grandkids out for the real one Valentine's day, but we know they'll love Disneyworld at ages 10, 11 and 12.