THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Redskins Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They showed the first Browns defensive effort too and I can't believe they actually caught someone holding Myles. They never seemed to call that from behind hand full of jersey last year when he was running by people.

Holding MG. . .NEVER!

image.thumb.png.8f8d20295b0eab9626d9c09e4dec3b98.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

When they had the 1st and goal and didn't make it...they were just experimenting.   In normal situations I suspect it would have been Chubb 3 times up the gut.

If I were the regular season Mayfield would have already thrown a TD.....but hey maybe they're practicing for the 2 point plays.

Looks like some of weeks 2 and 3 for the regulars and maybe half of week 4 until it's for real.

Will be interesting to see who will be the final backups.....what a switch from the last 20 years.

It's odd - I've been telling Canton Mike I didn't understand about Higgins not being a star...

but he looked like one last night vs Washington.

Late Bloomer? Hue Bad Coaching Blues?

So they sign OBJ, Higgins shows star quality...

bad time for Calloway to mess up on ped's or whatever it was.

Enter:

Jaelen Strong

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/on-the-browns-radar-jaelen-strong-15149086

I believe Strong has made the roster. He may have made Calloway expendable to a trade.

6 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I would be surprised if we trade Callaway. We'll just have to wait & see what happens with him.

Mike

Freddie was pretty supportive of him today. If he keeps his nose clean he will be fine. Anyone know for sure what and when he did something that led to this?

36 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I truly thought the Higgins TD red carpet schtick was going to be a one time thing. It is no longer a one time thing. How do we feel about this?

Let's see it about 10 times a game, and then the National media will accuse us of showboating...  

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Freddie was pretty supportive of him today. If he keeps his nose clean he will be fine. Anyone know for sure what and when he did something that led to this?

Nothing, other than on the drive back Callaway posting "I messed up, my fault", and Freddie and The Dorse being supportive, with the caveat- here's the rules going forward- don't screw up again. 

I fully digested the game and made some observations, mostly about a few specific players l keyed in on. 

Orson Charles: tried to focus on him a few plays when l saw him in there, which weren’t many. Nothing terribly impressive. I think he’s at his best when he’s making a lead block in space, but it seemed he was moved all over the formation mostly making blocks in tandem with other clusters of people. And they had him run out into the flat to either catch a pass or draw coverage, but that’s not really his forte. 

Trevon Coley: pretty impressed with this guy. Seems to have trimmed down,  and working on some spin moves and shit. When we resigned him l saw it as a cheap depth move, but l think Trevon is rising to the challenge. To the hand wringers amongst us who may have been fretting about DT depth, l present Trevon Coley.

Ray squared Armstrong: was really hoping to see some positive action from him, but l really didn’t. He was in on a number of plays, but the best one was him eating a block so that Burris could get to the QB for a sack. 

Eric Kush: really wanted to see how he did at RG with the first team, and l’m ok with him. Nothing spectacular, but in the realm of solid. I’ll take it.

Austin Corbett: he got a nice long look as back up Center, and he held his own in that role. Not gonna threaten Tretter anytime soon, but respectable work. 

Drew Forbes: got a nice long look at him too as a back up RG, mostly playing alongside Corbett at Center. He did well. Held his own anyway. Had a number of plays against #92 of the Redskins, a big dude with a respectable power rush. Had one play where we got to see him jump for a second level block on a running play and of the 2 defenders he could have blocked he muffed on both. Just kinda ran between them. But otherwise a respectable outing. There was one play he got knocked down, got back up, and then went for the guy who pushed him down. Something to be said about never quitting on a play.

Devaroe Lawrence: had some nice plays. Got handled on others. A guy to keep an eye on. He made his way onto our team with a good preseason showing last year, so looking to translate that action to the regular season.

Hughlett: couple of those punt snaps came in a little low. Ain’t playing skee ball here.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2019 at 4:42 PM, Dutch Oven said:

jiggins has never ran to the moderators on this board and cried that someone was being mean to him, to be fair. 

I honestly was shocked that somebody told me to relax. I didn't think I said anything remotely obnoxious or condescending. I was just beyond excited to have some football to discuss. At any rate, telling people to piss off isn't my style and I apologize to everyone. Other than the few week period last year before Hue got fired and I lost my freakin mind, I'm pretty low-key. Long-winded perhaps, but not an overt a-hole. 😁

On 8/10/2019 at 3:45 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

Devaroe Lawrence: had some nice plays. Got handled on others. A guy to keep an eye on. He made his way onto our team with a good preseason showing last year, so looking to translate that action to the regular season. 

That's a very large man who I agree has a chance to be a contributer. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I honestly was shocked that somebody told me to relax. I didn't think I said anything remotely obnoxious or condescending. I was just beyond excited to have some football to discuss. At any rate, telling people to piss off isn't my style and I apologize to everyone. Other than the few week period last year before Hue got fired and I lost my freakin mind, I'm pretty low-key. Long-winded perhaps, but not an overt a-hole. 😁

You never bother anyone so don't worry about it J.  This old knucklehead likes those long winded posts so keep em coming...

7 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Exactly j, the following isn't directed at you..... 

OK, I wasted some time deleting (most of) the personal name calling. Keep it up and there's going to be warnings and kiddie time outs. That crap has nothing to do with the thread content...  

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK, I wasted some time deleting (most of) the personal name calling. Keep it up and there's going to be warnings and kiddie time outs. That crap has nothing to do with the thread content...  

Good luck doing that on the Pol board. The owners here would have to hire you on retainer like a lawyer to keep that place cleaned up.