THE BROWNS BOARD

College Pick'em 2019

Zombo

On 9/22/2019 at 4:48 AM, Tour2ma said:

Co=leader at the quarter-pole would seem to be mojo-ish...

Diehard wins the week with a 16 spot.

Maybe that "co word" has me freaked out......yes I will get some help maybe a "Dummies for gamblers" book?

Monday in week 5 there are 9 games with double digits lines some big and 4 off games most likely to have lines before long.  The Ohio State -15.5 at Nebraska is interesting.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Oh shit... somebody's hit their stride...

Nice 3-game parley... 👺

Maybe I've got my mojo back.....that Dummies book really helped!    :lol:

With 15 correct Mark O wins the week in a tiebreaker over TGZ (and Salma)...

After a dismal start Tour (that's me... B) ) put together the weeks longest string (7) to post a respectable finish.

image.png.bb6b7ee95cac2ed6c9fb80dcea0140f6.png

And with their win Mark and Z move into 1st and 2nd places for the season to date...

image.png.8a298d7854f53575b8bb2c09401b51c3.png

It was an close finish with TGZ pulling a four straight to tie for the most points.  Together with Mark O they moved up in the standings.

.....oh I'll give Tour my "Dummies for gambling" book when I'm done with it.  I had to take MS ST and UK, d'oh.

WEEK 6 Tuesday lines out of the 25 games there are 10 are double digit dogs and 2 off games.  There are 3 top 25 matchups including #25 MST at #4 OHIO STATE.

Should be a good weekend of football.

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

2 off games.

There were 8... 6 were given lines overnite.

Purdue (playing PSU) and Utah St (playing LSU) were having the most problems attracting money, so both lines increased by 3. A couple other dogs were given 2.5 more.

Dogs that still can't get on the board are Tennessee (hosting UGA) and Cincinnati  (Hosting UCF???).  These Dogs are pulling single digit selections as an "off" on Yahoo (3% and 8% respectively) and it would take a ton for me to get off UGA.... but UC??? Something in the teens could sway me.

44 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

There were 8... 6 were given lines overnite.

Purdue (playing PSU) and Utah St (playing LSU) were having the most problems attracting money, so both lines increased by 3. A couple other dogs were given 2.5 more.

Dogs that still can't get on the board are Tennessee (hosting UGA) and Cincinnati  (Hosting UCF???).  These Dogs are pulling single digit selections as an "off" on Yahoo (3% and 8% respectively) and it would take a ton for me to get off UGA.... but UC??? Something in the teens could sway me.

The books are getting smart they don't want to get killed on a bad early line and big money jumping on it. Now they wait on questionable games and release later.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

No changes overnite...

Two "Offs" remain with all established lines flat.

Among other nerdy things I do watch the opening lines and the M--->T line changes I generally then make my picks and just monitor the W, Th, F notable changes. That way you don't forget to pick and miss the early games. Big jumps there generally mean late injuries have popped up and warrant the change......or somebody just got thrown in jail.  :lol:

Holy moley the Cincinnati Beercats are hanging in with #18 UCF 16-13 with 7 minutes left in the 3rd.  If cinci had points I might have taken them as it is I joined everybody else.....GO KNIGHTS :mellow:

.......holy shitski UC pick 6, UC 20-16.    Now 27-16 early 4th.  :o.   and CIN 27-24 Final.

Ooooops we went 0-9 plus 1.  :blush:

Week 6 what a start for me 0-3-1 serious mjp college mojo missing......now 1-5-1 where's my Dummies book?

Well we all basically stunk it up again this week with only Woody and The Great Zombo barely breaking .500 at 12-11-2 and Woody winning the week on a tiebreaker. It looks like the rest of us picked the same losers.

Oh and the big talley we're chasing TGZ.......

Screenshot_2019-10-06_095159.jpg

And WEEK 7 is here Monday's opening lines show 10 double digit dogs, 5 off (0) and 3 games between top 25 teams.  With 9 weeks to go we are still chasing TGZ but as they say "that's why we play the game"....... everything is still up for grabs.

Oh and if anyone wants to borrow my Dummies book for gambling just ask.   :lol:

Well WEEK 7 was quite interesting to say the least. DieHard finished with an incredible finish and a decent 17 wins followed by jrb and Browns149 at 16. At least everyone finished with double digit wins out of 24 games.

On to WEEK 8 and the fight for first is still held by TGB followed by DieHard and MarkO it is still anyone's game.

Oh and my Dummies book is up for sale I was a better Dummy without it. Do I here $0.01?

Screenshot_2019-10-13_062518.jpg

OK 7 weeks down and 8 weeks to go in the NCAA pickem tournament.  WEEK 8 Monday opening lines show 8 double digit and 3 off (0) games which means a lot of close games this week. Looking closer there are 2 Friday games, only 3 top 25 matchups and NONE among top 10 teams.  Conference games are however in full swing.

The most intriguing game might be in Happy Valley:

(7)Penn St. vs (16)Michigan 7.5 -- -- -- Sat 10/19 07:30 PM

So get your lucky betting coin or your Ouija board or maybe ask your spouse on what to pick and good luck!

21 hours ago, mjp28 said:

OK 7 weeks down and 8 weeks to go in the NCAA pickem tournament.  WEEK 8 Monday opening lines show 8 double digit and 3 off (0) games which means a lot of close games this week. Looking closer there are 2 Friday games, only 3 top 25 matchups and NONE among top 10 teams.  Conference games are however in full swing.

The most intriguing game might be in Happy Valley:

(7)Penn St.   vs   (16)Michigan 7.5 -- -- -- Sat 10/19 07:30 PM

So get your lucky betting coin or your Ouija board or maybe ask your spouse on what to pick and good luck!

Well, if you want to catch the leader, I can give you a clue as to who I will be taking in that one:

tenor.gif?itemid=4629743

Remember the Friday night games.

(EDT) Points
Pittsburgh   vs   @Syracuse 3.5 3.5 3.5 3.5 Fri 10/18 07:00 PM -
(4)Ohio St.   vs   @Northwestern 27.5 28.0 28.0 28.0 Fri 10/18 08:30 PM

No. 4 Ohio State (6-0)

Last game: def. No. 25 Michigan State, 34-10
Next: at Northwestern | 8:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18 | FS1
Toughest games remaining: vs. Wisconsin (Oct. 26), vs. Penn State (Nov. 23), at Michigan (Nov. 30)
Last undefeated season: 2012 (12-0, finished No. 3 in AP Poll)

Geeezus diehard 12-2 going into the evening games, I'm 11-3 with Woody -but- we differ on 4 of the next games.  Might come down to the late night games. There are 3 guys at 10-4 also.

Good luck, might be a late night finish and some really good scores!

..........edit add, wow what a week!  Some incredible scores with out of 23 possible games two 18-5-2 and 17-6-2 finals.

Edited by mjp28

Woody and FlyinJ win the week posting 18...a new high for this season.

Thru Week 8 DieHard, who posted a 17-spot for the 2nd week in a row, holds a one winner edge over "archenemy", Woody. The two remain slightly separated form the field...

image.thumb.png.d5209fd529ecb7cb6f4470a466aa9a91.png

• Haha 1

And the two time defending champion mjp hasn't won a single week this year and is mired in this slump.......his brain cells must have abandoned the NCAA for that dreaded NFL pickem.   Even the Dummies book didn't help.

But all it takes is one really great week or several steady good weeks, there's always next week, if at first you don't succeed......awwww screw it I'll ask my wife next week.   <_<

.........oh and congratulations to our leaders nice week!  And what the hell is with diehard he's turned into a bookmaker all of a sudden.

25 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And the two time defending champion mjp hasn't won a single week this year and is mired in this slump.......his brain cells must have abandoned the NCAA for that dreaded NFL pickem.   Even the Dummies book didn't help.

But all it takes is one really great week or several steady good weeks, there's always next week, if at first you don't succeed......awwww screw it I'll ask my wife next week.   <_<

.........oh and congratulations to our leaders nice week!  And what the hell is with diehard he's turned into a bookmaker all of a sudden.

I am a former two time champion.  The trophies are still in my den.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

.........oh and congratulations 

am just a lurker here 👀.. but with some crazy point spread numbers involved..those are great winning percentage numbers by all..Well, maybe?..                                                                                Z, took a fall. But might be hiding his guest Halloween expert till next week.. fJo.gif     

Well boys and girls WEEK 9 is here and 7 to go and it's still pretty much anyone's game to make the top 3 or win it all.  The Monday lines show 9 double digit games 5 off (0) which should have lines soon and finally NO FRIDAY GAMES to forget to play hallelujah!  

And the YTD stuff still narrowly led by DieHard, well just look.......

Screenshot_2019-10-21_100955.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTE:. PITTSBURGH plays MIAMI twice this week......well 1 each in college and pro.  

Of our 25 games now one off game and a high 16 line changes from M--->T. the early money adjustments, normally very few changes come later more tweaking or a major injury....or someone got thrown in jail.  :lol:

I make my preliminary picks Tuesday and rarely change them afterward..... just FYI.  ;)

Well with 9 weeks in the bag and only 6 weeks left to go you can clearly see where the NCAA brain trust is this year.  Woody and diehard are in the lead closely followed by Mark who have won 8 of 9 weeks so far.  Only The Great Zombo won one, he must have got some pretty good.liquor that weekend.  :lol:.   It's not easy to hit 17 or 18 wins out of 25 games that's around 70% and would be among the best handicappers in Las Vegas......even diehard!  

So on to week 10 and see who can win the week's pickem who knows even our defending champ might be there he did get 18 last week oh losers..... 7-18. Hey.  that's hard to do!  :huh:

Screenshot_2019-10-27_075634.jpg