THE BROWNS BOARD

If you're going to the Game Thursday

hoorta

I'd make sure you have the tickets loaded to your phone (or whoever's going to get you in) way ahead of time. I finally did- and it was rather time consuming. Using the Browns app is almost mandatory.  Don't particularly like that, I'm old school and I try to keep my phone as app free as possible. I predict it's going to create problems and long delays at the gates for first timers holding up folks getting in. 

PS & FYI-  a screenshot won't work, unlike from years past when I was able to use one for the Texans and Bucs games. The latest in upgraded ticket security. My ticket, and I assume all of them now have a cute little transparent moving blue bar bouncing back and forth across the bar code that the laser reader detects. Wonder how many millions the NFL  spent in conjunction with Ticketmaster on deterring counterfeiters.  :)  

PS As a tech savvy friend mentioned- if you have  the wallet app in Android or Apple, if stadium wi-fi gets jammed or conks out, you still should be able to get in. 

Download the Browns Mobile App to Access Your Tickets Today!
View Email as a Web Page
Cleveland Browns Mobile Ticketing Information

YOUR PHONE IS YOUR TICKET

The Cleveland Browns vs. Washington Redskins game at FirstEnergy Stadium on Thursday, August 8th at 7:30 PM is a mobile-ticketed event. Printed tickets will not be available for the game and screenshots of your tickets will not work for stadium entry.

You can access your mobile tickets through the Browns mobile app. To expedite entry into the stadium, be sure you have updated to the latest version of the mobile app and log in to the ticketing section before arriving at the gate. Select “View Barcode” and display your mobile ticket for the ticket scanner. iOS users are encouraged to click the "Add to Apple Wallet" button prior to arriving at the gate for fastest entry.

If you do not have the Browns mobile app, download it by clicking here prior to arriving at FirstEnergy Stadium. For more detailed information on mobile ticketing click here.

HOW TO ACCESS YOUR TICKETS ON THE BROWNS MOBILE APP
Step 1 - How To Access Your Tickets On The Browns Mobile App
Step 2 - How To Access Your Tickets On The Browns Mobile App
Step 3 - How To Access Your Tickets On The Browns Mobile App
If you are unable to access your tickets via the Browns mobile app, you can access them via the web version of Account Manager or the Ticketmaster app (if you purchased your tickets directly from Ticketmaster.com).

TRANSFER YOUR TICKETS

Now is the time to transfer any tickets you're holding for friends and family. This will help everyone easily scan in at the entry gate and quickly get to their seats. After logging into the app, select the "Transfer" button and send tickets directly to them.

QUESTIONS?

If you have any further questions regarding mobile tickets, please contact us via email at tickets@clevelandbrowns.com or phone at 440-891-5050. If you experience any difficulty accessing your tickets through the Browns mobile app when you arrive at the stadium on Thursday, please go to the Ticket Office located on the south side of the FirstEnergy Stadium next to the Browns Pro Shop.

This is un American- forcing someone to buy a smartphone just to go to a NFL game.... 

Actually, there is a way around this if you're the account holder of record and go to the stadium ticket office.  And don't let the battery die on your phone either before you get to the Gate. You listening Zombo?  :) They had damn well better put multiple charging stations outside the stadium as good customer service if they want to have fans put up with this crap. 

Yeah I understand- they just made counterfeiting tickets a lot harder. May have just about put street scalpers out of business too. I for one wouldn't trust 'em as far as I could throw 'em anymore. But I'm going to bet some tech smarty will soon be able to figure out a way to create a ticket that will fool the folks at the gate. Just like that kid Warriors fan who bought a rafters ticket to get into Oracle, and then turned it into a court side seat. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I guess I won't be going to any games.   I just need a power button and then a channel up or down button to watch the games  (volume button optional)

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, then absolute ticket authentication creates an absolute pain in the ass.  Should it take a season ticket holder around two hours to actually get his tickets in a usable form? I say no.  Not exactly nice of the NFL\Browns forcing me to put their app on my phone to streamline the process.  

Here's your memento of the first Browns playoff game in almost forever, suitable for framing.   :D 

Image result for ticket barcode

I should add I was a little off on only the ticket holder of record can get at tickets if your phone dies. Just saw a clarifying email my pal sent me from the Browns ticket rep. They will know who the ticket(s) were transferred to. You would have to go to the stadium ticket office- and prove to them somehow you are who you claim to be. A drivers license should suffice, as well as any printed email of the tickets, assuming they showed up on Ticketmaster or elsewhere.

LOL, you think they might be making this stuff up on the fly as problems crop up? At least they'll have two preseason home games to get their s**t together.  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

This is un American- forcing someone to buy a smartphone just to go to a NFL game....

Gotta love the terminology you guys use sometimes! :D

I agree that forcing people to have a smartphone for a game is stupid and careless. Must be un Spanish too? :P

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

So a Smart phone is going to replace tickets and probably cash. Isn’t that special. But too much room for failure  

I can see it as an option but no more  than that. 

I can't wait until someone figures out how to hack people's phones and "steal" their tickets and put them on their phones... Then what? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

So a Smart phone is going to replace tickets and probably cash. Isn’t that special. But too much room for failure  

I can see it as an option but no more  than that. 

Yeah, guess I'm an Old Fuddy Duddy Geezer now. My resident Computer Guru told me a phone can indeed be hacked, and in reality it's a lot less secure that a home computer running good antivirus and anti malware programs. Norton is now offering an add on product that will also protect your phone from unwanted intrusions. . It's why I don't keep, or look up any financial information on my phone.

Your phone already is your wallet, if (to my mind) you're bold enough to put the Google Pay app (formerly Google Wallet) or Apple Pay on your phone. In fact, I was going to do so- because the Browns suggested installing it as an easy place to store your tickets. I did install it, but the app started asking me questions I got progressively more uncomfortable answering. The last straw was if I wanted to link it with my Pay Pal account. Bye-bye to that app. 

Mentioned earlier in the thread, blame a few crooks and shady operators making life difficult for the honest majority of folks. Decided to make the two hour drive over to Indy for preseason game #2, and again it only took a couple hours- and one call the StubHub to actually have a ticket to the game I can use.  I'll say one thing if you haven't seen one yet- those current enhanced bar code tickets are going to be mighty hard to duplicate. But I have little doubt there's hackers already hard at work figuring out a way to do so. 

BTW- if outfits like Equifax and Capital One can get hacked, just imagine the chaos if Ticketmaster got hacked right before an NFL game- and  everyone's tickets were wiped out.  😈

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can't wait until someone figures out how to hack people's phones and "steal" their tickets and put them on their phones... Then what? 

It probably would get you into the game. Here's the deal from my POV. When you transfer a ticket- it asks the name of the person (or ticket exchange) you're transferring the ticket to. So there is an electronic trail of where that ticket went from point A to B or C....  And in the case of a season ticket holder (probably if you're buying a ticket straight from the team also) if that ticket gets transferred, the person who originally bought the ticket gets an email saying the ticket was transferred.  

As I mentioned in the above post, the ticket can't be copied, at least by any means currently available to an average schmuck. 

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You would report the fraud to the police and it would be investigated, literally just the same as if someone stole your paper tickets and did the same thing.

I'm not going to weigh in on the tech piece (i still prefer to print my airplane tickets), but this is a bit of a straw man argument. It's still very hard to hack advanced security, and I doubt seriously someone is clamoring to use that knowledge to catch a Browns game.

No way in hell would I drive hours away to see a preseason game. Shit some guy stopped by my work with a pocket full of preseason Pisspuke tickets and couldn't give a single pair away, (I live closer to Pisspuke than to the Land) But I believe preseason sucks everywhere, Maybe if I lived 10 min from the stadium and could park right next to a entrance where my tickets were and not have to worry about any traffic and would pay me  by the hour I mite go to a preseason game but I doubt it. 

2 hours ago, medicineman said:

No way in hell would I drive hours away to see a preseason game. Shit some guy stopped by my work with a pocket full of preseason Pisspuke tickets and couldn't give a single pair away, (I live closer to Pisspuke than to the Land) But I believe preseason sucks everywhere, Maybe if I lived 10 min from the stadium and could park right next to a entrance where my tickets were and not have to worry about any traffic and would pay me  by the hour I mite go to a preseason game but I doubt it. 

Sure, you can watch 'em for free (assuming you have satellite or cable) on NFLN, the Browns Colts will even be in real time a week from Saturday. 

Your Referee assignments are in, and Browns/Redskins draw Head ref Ron Torbert- a 10 yr. nfl ref from Mich.St. a attorney..Mrs Sarah Thomas is your down judge(Duke vs Skins "i recovered my own fumble Sarah") & your Umpire is in his first season as a ref Terry Killens a former NFL player from Penn State..Post Injury report--Avery(ankle)/Garrett(knee)/Ogun(groin)/Richardson(abdomien)/D.Ward(leg tweak)/K.Kalis(stinger). 4 concussions=Devalve,D.Harris,A.Taylor,B.Price..4 Hammy's=Duke,Ratley,T.Thomas,Vernon.. official injury update =1 hour before gametime 

If you go to the game, give Colt McCoy a warm welcome back. The kid has stuck in the league for quite a few years now and he's the starter for this game. Proud of you Young Gun.

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

If you go to the game, give Colt McCoy a warm welcome back. The kid has stuck in the league for quite a few years now and he's the starter for this game. Proud of you Young Gun.

Colt McCoy is what Kevin Hogan aspires to be. 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

So Pisspuke still uses tickets?

No, but just watch the fun in steel town. Golly  gee, how  the hail does you  use this smartphone  contraption?  :D

Here's the  deal. Electronic ticketing was mandated league wide this year by the NFL because of  rampant counterfeiting.  If you're a  crook, easy peasy  to buy a print  a ticket at home, and make  10 copies of it, right? First person  at the  gate  gets in, and everyone else who got scammed  is screwed. As I said  earlier, for all practical purposes the new interactive electronic tickets can't be  duplicated. Screen shots won't  work because the barcode formats change frequently. I was pretty  amazed looking at one of the tickets and seeing  the pattern actually change.

FWIW, talking  with the Browns ticket rep, they held out  as long as they could, until the  league  forced their hand.  Many of the other teams had already  gone electronic  last season, and the league  made it universal this year.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Career  backup, spot starter.  A nice path to financial security if you  hang  around  long enough. 

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

One of the chosen few to be backup QBs... All hail our heroes.

2 hours ago, medicineman said:

Colt is out for season if I read that right or at least a while, broken leg maybe?

That was last year....  Ditto that for Alex Smith.... Smith's leg was shattered so badly, he's not even going to play this year. 

I assume that one of the purposes of this is in order to eliminate scalpers....at least those who do not give the team or NFL a part of the "cut".

Can I assume that part of the "over the face value" price of tickets sold on some of these "official"  secondary sales sites has to be paid over to the team/league?

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1) I assume that one of the purposes of this is in order to eliminate scalpers....at least those who do not give the team or NFL a part of the "cut".

2) Can I assume that part of the "over the face value" price of tickets sold on some of these "official"  secondary sales sites has to be paid over to the team/league?

1) Yes Gip, scalpers are essentially out of business. Would you trust a guy out on the street to email you a ticket after you forked over some money? Or- when I see the ticket on my phone I'll pay you? I pointed out- the reason for going electronic was to stop unauthorized ticket duplication. 

2) Nope. It's your ticket, to do with as you please. StubHub et al take a percentage cut  of the selling price, but the rest of the profit- or loss is yours. Seats in my section have increased 1,000% this year since 0-16 happened on the secondary market. Classic supply and demand. The supply is fixed, the demand is WAY up.  :)   I might be sorely tempted- but I won't do it. Should the Browns make the playoffs, I'm predicting I could sell off one playoff game- and that would pay for my 2020 season tickets. 

PS damn fewer Redskins fans hanging out in my section, now that they had to pay through the nose to sit there.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 6:19 PM, hoorta said:

Actually, there is a way around this if you're the account holder of record and go to the stadium ticket office.  And don't let the battery die on your phone either before you get to the Gate. You listening Zombo?  :) They had damn well better put multiple charging stations outside the stadium as good customer service if they want to have fans put up with this crap. 

Yeah I understand- they just made counterfeiting tickets a lot harder. May have just about put street scalpers out of business too. I for one wouldn't trust 'em as far as I could throw 'em anymore. But I'm going to bet some tech smarty will soon be able to figure out a way to create a ticket that will fool the folks at the gate. Just like that kid Warriors fan who bought a rafters ticket to get into Oracle, and then turned it into a court side seat. 

And some type of cover over where they scan.  I can see a problem if it is pouring rain.

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

And some type of cover over where they scan.  I can see a problem if it is pouring rain.

Thanks for pointing that out 'Peen. Hadn't thought  about that. Had an issue with the  bike in a rain storm a month ago, and couldn't  even "swipe  up" to turn the phone on.  

Should  point  out, not only  did ticket prices go up, city of Cleveland is doing  some serious  profiteering  too. They're charging $40 bucks for the  Burke  lot this year- ouch. If I  hadn't  previously  committed to Steve and the Gnats  Tailgaters, I would have looked  elsewhere  to  park. Splitting  that  with the nephew, it was still  $20 bucks. No  wonder folks are staying  home to watch the  game on  TV.