THE BROWNS BOARD

If you're blaming video games...

MLD Woody

40 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'll give you an example of what I am talking about. Things weren't so great in the great depression yet with all the suffering and hardships you did not see rioting or anarchy. Why?  Do you think if we had another great depression that people would act like they did in the 30"s?. I don't. We have seen already how people will act with some of the natural disasters such as hurricane Katrina. If we have another great depression we will have anarchy and riots. I believe the reason for this difference is the spiritual condition of the people and the country at the time. Putting it simply they had more morals back then vs today.

But that hides the big blind spot of how these same people were treating other people who just didn't share the same level of melanin as them during the same time  period. They may not have robbed people who looked like them but they certainly were kosher with lynching people and being general pieces of shit. It is what it is now but no one should be looking back fondly at the "old days". They weren't fond for a good bit of people during our better spiritual times. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

But that hides the big blind spot of how these same people were treating other people who just didn't share the same level of melanin as them during the same time  period. They may not have robbed people who looked like them but they certainly were kosher with lynching people and being general pieces of shit. It is what it is now but no one should be looking back fondly at the "old days". They weren't fond for a good bit of people during our better spiritual times. 

You are painting with too broad of a brush. You do know that not everyone who says they are Christians are actually Christians? That point is made repeatedly in the new testament for believers to make sure where the stand with God. There are going to be some who think they are fine with God and will hear Jesus tell them He never knew them. Here is a good analogy. About everyone in the country knows Donald Trump but does Donald Trump know them? Many may say they know Jesus but does He know them?

Even though our country was not set up as a Christian country we have always had a mooring as a country to Christian beliefs and values and the framers of the country themselves had some strong Christian beliefs that did affect how our country was set up. We seemed to determined today to drive God out of the public arena and into the 4 walls of churches but that is never going to happen with believers like myself who believe the message is to be taken outside the church and into the public arena.

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You are painting with too broad of a brush. You do know that not everyone who says they are Christians are actually Christians? That point is made repeatedly in the new testament for believers to make sure where the stand with God. There are going to be some who think they are fine with God and will hear Jesus tell them He never knew them. Here is a good analogy. About everyone in the country knows Donald Trump but does Donald Trump know them? Many may say they know Jesus but does He know them?

Even though our country was not set up as a Christian country we have always had a mooring as a country to Christian beliefs and values and the framers of the country themselves had some strong Christian beliefs that did affect how our country was set up. We seemed to determined today to drive God out of the public arena and into the 4 walls of churches but that is never going to happen with believers like myself who believe the message is to be taken outside the church and into the public arena.

This is the thing where you get to pick and choose who counts towards your religion, right? Whatever makes you look better.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

This is the thing where you get to pick and choose who counts towards your religion, right? Whatever makes you look better.

I don't get to pick and choose anything.  I am not the judge, God is. The bible is full of warnings to believers to make sure they really are His. In John Ch 6 Jesus gave a hard teaching on drinking His blood and eating his flesh to have spiritual life. The bible says many disciples left him over that teaching not understanding what He was saying but there is another important point. These disciples were never really His in the first place. They said they were but they weren't. Peter who misses the mark on many occasions had one of his better best days this time when Jesus asked if he would leave also he said "where else will I go? Only you speak the words of eternal life". 

What did Jesus mean when He said, “I never knew you. Depart from me”?

https://www.gotquestions.org/I-never-knew-you-depart-from-me.html

15 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Walmart releases a memo to remove all depictions of violence from the store. Video game demos. Movies. Etc. All as an overreaction to these shootings.

Of course.... They still sell guns.... So the irony there is pretty amazing

Were any depictions of knife violence removed also? Then should Walmart quit selling knives? 

All this violence can be traced back to that "old book" where Cain smacks brother Abel with a rock.  Probably a big rock, kind of like an "assault rifle" type of  rock that should have been banned.

That "old book" though is still the best seller of all time, even at Walmart.

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Were any depictions of knife violence removed also? Then should Walmart quit selling knives? 

All this violence can be traced back to that "old book" where Cain smacks brother Abel with a rock.  Probably a big rock, kind of like an "assault rifle" type of  rock that should have been banned.

That "old book" though is still the best seller of all time, even at Walmart.

This post is getting to a Cal-level rambling of nonsense. Not good OBF

Video games? Sure why not? Just about makes as much sense if you Blame Trump supporters even though the last 2 shooters were Left Wing Democrat NUTJOBS, But the msm loves to blame Trump for everything even if they have to make shit up because so many people thrive on Propaganda 

16 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Wait... You think the first one was? 

So screaming "fake news" or " MSM" is just an excuse to believe whatever the hell you want, huh? It's your tool of choice when you want to ignore facts. Cool.

Woody.  Rewind and repeat...........

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So screaming "fake news" or " MSM" is just an excuse to believe whatever the hell you want, huh? It's your tool of choice when you want to ignore facts. Cool.

JauntyMedicalHart-max-1mb.gif

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Call it fake news, biased news, corrupted news whatever you want but it is usually not the fully truthful news. Sometimes they outright lie but most of the time it is what they leave out...like the other side of the story that doesn't fit their narratives.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I prefer my religion to have zombies, impossibly large boats, guys living in sea mammals, and a man who can produce an endless buffet via magic. 

1 Corinthians 2:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

1 Corinthians 2:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

That seems like a good fail safe for a scam. "If they don't buy into the scam, they are fools and not spiritual." *keeps collecting mountains of dough off of scared people*

10 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

That seems like a good fail safe for a scam. "If they don't buy into the scam, they are fools and not spiritual." *keeps collecting mountains of dough off of scared people*

Are there some shysters today making money off the gospel. Sure. But if I focused on these cons I would become as cynical as you. There is nothing new under the sun, they had those types in the days of the Apostle Paul too. I follow the Jesus of the bible. If He were only  out to deceive and profit for what He did then He failed miserably. NO it was all for us and it was all a gift that costs us nothing but the rewards are eternal. Finding fault with Christians is too easy (and many times we Christians make it too easy because we don't measure up). The real challenge for you is to find fault with Jesus.

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Are there some shysters today making money off the gospel. Sure. But if I focused on these cons I would become as cynical as you. There is nothing new under the sun, they had those types in the days of the Apostle Paul too. I follow the Jesus of the bible. If He were only  out to deceive and profit for what He did then He failed miserably. NO it was all for us and it was all a gift that costs us nothing but the rewards are eternal. Finding fault with Christians is too easy (and many times we Christians make it too easy because we don't measure up). The real challenge for you is to find fault with Jesus.

Most anybody won't find fault with a rock solid person whose highest commandment was to love your neighbor as yourself.

Fault is found in Christians and other believers that have taken a beautiful concept, overly structured it, then damn others in Jesus' name.  Like they have any grasp on the extent of God's judgement.  Many simply wield the word of God as an extension of power over others.

This is where the fault is found.