THE BROWNS BOARD

Movies

23 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I look forward to your movie reviews.

Did you notice that Hollywood seems to be running short on original content?

That's always the case in the spring and summer. Just looking for shit that kids who are in school can go see and compete with picnics and outdoor activities. A remake is an instant hook. Plus if any Studio thinks they have an Oscar chance they don't want to waste the movie early in the season , they will release them in the fall.

WSS

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That's always the case in the spring and summer. Just looking for shit that kids who are in school can go see and compete with picnics and outdoor activities. A remake is an instant hook. Plus if any Studio thinks they have an Oscar chance they don't want to waste the movie early in the season , they will release them in the fall.

WSS

Thanks, Steve - I love movies - but it seems they don't make great ones anymore. I try to rent one, (we love our big screen TV),

but so much crap I would never watch. I even wrote my novel as a "movie" - an adventure I wish I could rent and watch. lol

Still haven't gotten it copyrighted and tried to get it publish.

But great adventurous movies - they don't seem to make them anymore. Grotesque horror films, police/detective films, weird stuff...

The last one I rented was about a guy who was a veteran, who couldn't adapt to being around people, who lived with his daughter in the remote national park woods in Washington State,....

most of it was very, very boring. I keep thinking I could have written that story and made it an enjoyable serious message adventure, unless it was based on a real life serious of events....