THE BROWNS BOARD

Nightmare Cinema review

Nightmare Cinema
Cranked up films
R                   119 min

I think we’ve talked about this before, in my opinion almost all horror movies are garbage, mostly because the sequel degenerated so badly and there is so much imitation going on, but there are icons along the way. Without even mentioning the classics, FRANKENSTEIN, The WOLFMAN and DRACULA Etc, there are some modern-day landmarks including TEXAS CHAINSAW THE EXORCIST even the Jason at Freddy series. I realize there is a new CHILD’S PLAY in the theaters but frankly I’m a little tired of retreads and also I’ve heard a little bit of a buzz about NIGHTMARE CINEMA, which just hit the brick-and-mortar theaters. The buzz is that it’s the most gruesome film in a long time so this is just for you aficionados not those looking for date night fair or some place to drop off the kids. Also it starts Mickey Rourke who I’m a big fan of and Richard Chamberlain, who was a TV icon as Doctor Kildare from 1961 through 1966 probably before many of your parents were born. 
What this is, is a series of vignettes, five short horror features, each of which beginning with somebody stumbling across a spooky old theater and finding the show reflect their deepest darkest fear. First off a bunch of C-list actors are chased by a psycho killer wearing a welding mask. Add in a bunch of parasitical giant spiders from outer space and a twist.
Next up is a self-conscious young woman engaged to a handsome young man who convinces her to have plastic surgery so that her face and body can be as perfect as his mothers. A long way from his role as the handsome and kindly Kildare, Chamberlain, still debonair for his 85 years but is now more of a mad scientist. And we know how creepy hospitals can be, even if the hook has been borrowed from Rod Serling. At the outset of segment 3 Rourke shows up and introduces himself as the projectionists and bids the newest customer, a Catholic priest, Welcome To My Nightmare, as the story stumbles into a cheap and bloody rip-off of THE EXORCIST.  Next up a young single mother visit what appears to be a psychiatrist at the urging of her foul-mouthed children to get to figure out what must be hallucinations as the world around her becomes increasingly ugly. It seems everyone is actively urging her on to suicide. Why? Who knows. Furthermore who cares? Finally a young piano prodigy, Riley, survives a deadly attack that leaves both his parents dead after a recital. Upon awakening the doctors tell him he actually died on the operating table for 17 minutes and it seems this experience has given him the ability to, like THE SIXTH SENSE, see dead people. Like Grandma in the Toy Telephone episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE his mother’s spirit is urging him to join her in the world of the Dead. Also the attacker has come to the hospital to kill the only witness to the crime. This one’s actually the best story of the five but still not particularly great. Also if one of the reasons you show up for this is to see Mickey Rourke let me clue you in, he has maybe 15 words of total dialogue and one minute of screen time.
Anyway if you are a big fan of horror movies I might give this one a C+ if you aren’t I’d give it a C-, and of course that’s on the curve relative to other horror films
C
WSS

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kamalarry said:

It's a great sander indeed. Mine came with the 3mm interface pad which has served me well to date but I'll have to get the 1mm pad saver to compare and contrast.

If you adored this information and you would certainly such as to get even more facts pertaining to Is there an app to scan Powerball tickets kindly browse through our own page

This is probably a RUSSIAN HACKER.