THE BROWNS BOARD

El Paso shooter pic here we go again

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Can confirm.

But the board republicans echo the "invasion" thought's just as this man did.   Yes, there is a difference between the two.  

That said, the man's politics mean nothing to the victims and their families.  It won't help ease their loss.     What needs to be done is the most extreme sides of the political spectrum, both left and right, need not be entertained.    Maxine Waters and her "get in their face comments" should be denounced by all.   Trump when hearing a rally attendee scream "shoot them" and the lot reacting with laughter is when a good leader speaks out.  

Words matter.  Especially when they're words from, echoed or silently supported by our elected officials.   No, I'm not singling out the POTUS in all this.  However he is going to go get the brunt of the microscope because he holds the highest office in the land.

Ever notice JF posting his bullshit on this board?  I'm not calling him a white supremacist or terrorist, but the 4chan, 8chan, dark internet/twitter crowd he can echo at times is a breeding ground for guys like this.   Dudes who desperately want to be apart of something, see that material, then feel like they are and that's it's a big deal.   In the end, it's mostly about identity and attention.   This is not the identity we want people clinging too.   Especially those that are a bit fucked in the head to begin with.

A good thought out response Tiam but when I see hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants  crossing the border illegally and call it an invasion I think I am being factual more than anything else. 

39 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

over how msny instances were those 293 people murdered? oh and were tbey just random shootings? did one black guy shoot another black guy cause they thought he was too.light skinned? or were these directed gang/drug related hits?

You tell me Clevis, you have a dead body as the end result.

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

A good thought out response Tiam but when I see hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants  crossing the border illegally and call it an invasion I think I am being factual more than anything else. 

Are you seeing this yourself or hearing it?   Also where is this number coming from and is there a timeframe? Because you're making it sound like the siege of the alamo and that is simply not the truth.  

Look, the border situation isn't... ideal.    I can't say this enough, INS, BP and the like need a massive 'going over'.   They do... plain and simple.  A wall won't pay for itself especially when attempting one of the largest in the history of this planet coupled with the inefficiencies of our government.   At the end of the day, the big argument I see on illegal immigration is the money before potential crime.   So if your stance is how they "bleed the system", then a wall isn't the answer.    

Then again, I hold "invasion" at a dictionary standard, I suppose.        But again, I don't hold the President responsible for this man in El Paso and no sane person should.   But our leaders, both far and wide, local, state and federal need to learn that there are minds out there which see any little potential condoning or dismissing of violence as a beacon for evil action(S).  They're drawn to it because they feel they're effecting a difference.

I don't know the totality of the solution and won't pretend to.  But I feel it starts with ourselves which is why I'm so picky on whom I vote for. 

17 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Waiting for JF's grand tinfoil hat conspiracy.

Ya'll have no idea what's been found already.

image.png.97d9de3332b27a2a4a44ed97b645752e.png

.   .   .   and you know what they say about payback   .   .   .   that too may have started, that Pill's swelling up right now with just the few tidbits I've seen.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't get where you are coming from. The killer was obviously a racist and he had some liberal progressive views..I don't see it as a hard read from his own words. 

White supremacy is a liberal progressive view now? Must've missed the memo on that one. 

Just now, JAFBF said:

Ya'll have no idea what's been found already.

image.png.97d9de3332b27a2a4a44ed97b645752e.png

.   .   .   and you know what they say about payback   .   .   .   that too may have started, that Pill's swelling up right now with just the few tidbits I've seen.

This is the shit I'm talking about right here, folks.

Meanwhile I bet there's still a Marine incursion in Virginia, eh champ?

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Are you seeing this yourself or hearing it?   Also where is this number coming from and is there a timeframe? Because you're making it sound like the siege of the alamo and that is simply not the truth.  

Look, the border situation isn't... ideal.    I can't say this enough, INS, BP and the like need a massive 'going over'.   They do... plain and simple.  A wall won't pay for itself especially when attempting one of the largest in the history of this planet coupled with the inefficiencies of our government.   At the end of the day, the big argument I see on illegal immigration is the money before potential crime.   So if your stance is how they "bleed the system", then a wall isn't the answer.    

Then again, I hold "invasion" at a dictionary standard, I suppose.        But again, I don't hold the President responsible for this man in El Paso and no sane person should.   But our leaders, both far and wide, local, state and federal need to learn that there are minds out there which see any little potential condoning or dismissing of violence as a beacon for evil action(S).  They're drawn to it because they feel they're effecting a difference.

I don't know the totality of the solution and won't pretend to.  But I feel it starts with ourselves which is why I'm so picky on whom I vote for. 

Invasion? When I use the word I feel like I am using it correctly. 

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

This is the shit I'm talking about right here, folks.

Meanwhile I bet there's still a Marine incursion in Virginia, eh champ?

Well, guys like JAFBF and Alex Jones said that the government were making human-animal hybrids and we laughed them off, but turns out it might be true, so who knows wtf is true anymore. We're living in the reality where Biff kept the sports almanac. 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Illegal immigration needs to stop. There should be no pathway to citizenship (besides honorable discharge from the military). Illegal immigration and a prolonged pathway to citizenship creates a secondary, lower class of people. Close the border and streamline the legal immigration process. 

57 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Idk man, that's getting awfully close towards "poor white males" getting the victim card. This terrorist. 

I just have a hard time sympathizing with any white male that thinks they're being discriminated against or something. We never get held responsible for the actions of an individual. Not really at least. Just some Twitter folks. A lot of minorities though actually deal with that shit all of the time. 

And before the obvious gets brought up I don't think that's the same as the radicalization of those in the middle East. 

Pointing fingers is a roadblock, for sure. But you need to figure out root causes. Ask why. Etc.

If you dont think white males are getting an unfair amount of blame for mass shootings you don't know a lot about mass shootings: how they're classified, who they're perpetrated by. 

https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/who-are-mass-shooters-mass-shooter-demographics-part-2/

I'll point you to that again but I can't make you read it. That's simply part 2 of 3. I'd recommend you do get to know as much as you can. 

And no, I'm not gonna go: "aw shucks us white people got it comin'" 

No one else would do that. I'm not going to either. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Illegal immigration needs to stop. There should be no pathway to citizenship (besides honorable discharge from the military). Illegal immigration and a prolonged pathway to citizenship creates a secondary, lower class of people. Close the border and streamline the legal immigration process. 

Uhhhh....sure.

Uhhh..... sure?

13 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The right question is can one be a liberal progressive and a white supremacist?  This murderer seems to fit that bill.

Well, I'm glad to see that you've magically discovered the concept of "nuance" only when it's a white guy blowing away Hispanics because his liberal ideology tells him to fear a "Hispanic invasion'...

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Uhhhh....sure.

Uhhh..... sure?

Correct me if I'm wrong but does this sarcasm, if I may call it such,* mean that you don't think the Border should be secure and legal immigration should be streamlined? Otherwise it's kind of like a very short statute of limitations for Grand Theft Auto. Steal a car keep it hidden for a year and it's yours.

Plus honorable discharge seems like a reasonable credit toward citizenship, doesn't it?

WSS

* 1000 points for that reference

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

So when nutjobs in Antifa attack people, it's called left-wing/leftie/libtard violence by people on here, but now that it's right-wingers in El Paso pulling the trigger, I'm keeping the "hate rhetoric going". Give me a break. I'm calling it for what it is: extremist, anti-immigrant right-wing violence, fueled by rhetoric coming from the right-wing community.

And frankly, I don't really give two fucks if you take exception to it being called that or not.

congratulations for your coming out party - you went full libtard

never mind that you DID fuel the narrative as did your "stellar" opinion pieces or whatever drivel you chose to use to make sure we all knew it was a "right winger" 

will love to see the outcome when all is figured out by investigation...

Gabby Giffords shooter was also called a "right winger"  dude didnt know what day it was!

nevermind also that while I did agree that the gunman is a sick twisted individual. I wouldnt use a broadbrush SLAM on the conservative thinking folks

like all the other lefty lemmings here - before all the facts are in

(red pill is a bitch)

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Well, I'm glad to see that you've magically discovered the concept of "nuance" only when it's a white guy blowing away Hispanics because his liberal ideology tells him to fear a "Hispanic invasion'...

I'm sure this isn't what you're saying but it doesn't matter who's getting shot up or why. Assigning intrinsic worth to human life based on race, religion or Creed is racist? discriminatory?  It's saying that shooting a white person is not as bad as a minority or religious minority. I think that is a narrative that should be roundly rejected by everyone. Shooting any people should be equally damnable. If we're going to assign value to human life nothing is as evil and devastating as Newtown but we failed to address an obvious problem when twenty 6 year olds were blown away. I doubt making them Hispanic is going to drum up the necessary anger to really do anything except score political points which is exactly what all the politicians are rushing to do.

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but does this sarcasm, if I may call it such,* mean that you don't think the Border should be secure and legal immigration should be streamlined? Otherwise it's kind of like a very short statute of limitations for Grand Theft Auto. Steal a car keep it hidden for a year and it's yours.

Plus honorable discharge seems like a reasonable credit toward citizenship, doesn't it?

WSS

* 1000 points for that reference

You know my stance on that as I've spelled it out on this board numerous times.  Even in discussion with you.  

Service should be automatic citizenship.  Unfortunately there are instances where it hasn't been.

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

You know my stance on that as I've spelled it out on this board numerous times.  Even in discussion with you.  

Service should be automatic citizenship.  Unfortunately there are instances where it hasn't been.

So you don’t think that people here illegally that work for automatically lower wages and live 20 to one house, without driver’s licenses or automotive insurance or health insurance or any benefits whatsoever are a lower class?

the elite let them in and use them.

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

listen dooshbag its the demonization of immigrants fueled by "u know who" thats the root issue here and why trump is taking tge hit for it. His manifesto is dripping with anti immigrant hatred.

you leftys care to reign in your child (ren?)

25 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I'm sure this isn't what you're saying but it doesn't matter who's getting shot up or why. Assigning intrinsic worth to human life based on race, religion or Creed is racist? discriminatory?  It's saying that shooting a white person is not as bad as a minority or religious minority. I think that is a narrative that should be roundly rejected by everyone. Shooting any people should be equally damnable. If we're going to assign value to human life nothing is as evil and devastating as Newtown but we failed to address an obvious problem when twenty 6 year olds were blown away. I doubt making them Hispanic is going to drum up the necessary anger to really do anything except score political points which is exactly what all the politicians are rushing to do.

very Christian minded post there Cysko- thanks! 

8 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

See my post in the Dayton thread- I'm local, that was around three miles and less than a 10 minute drive from my house.  Don't have time to wade through this entire thread.  

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm not talking repealing it at all. I'm talking defining it properly and that is where the discussion should be. It's already been done to some extent with the outlawing of automatic weapons. Some states also have magazine limits as well in their gun laws. But it's not universal across the U.S. like it should be. See below for my thoughts on military level weapons.

You know I meant that figuratively cal, not literally. My point was if you want to use military weapons, that's where you can do so legally. Nobody else "needs" to have military style weapons, even if limited to semi-auto. Persons like us with CCWs/LTCs are severely limited in range/accuracy compared to those kinds of weapons. If I'm stuck in a mall shooting like that I at least want a semi-fair chance at stopping it.

Ok, got that, but Tex - and everybody who thinks gun control over all good and decent citizens is the answer:

It is NOT. Bombs are illegal.  Look at mcveigh and them. "Military style weapons means anything the left wants it to mean.

That is the trouble. The left thrives on their emotions to determine right and wrong. If their emotions need an anti-posturing on an issue, anti it is. Same issue - if their emotions change, then a pro-posturing is their stance.

"military style" ? how about German .22 lr pistols? https://www.google.com/search?q=german+military+.22+pistols&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-1-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjetaTEiOrjAhWIVc0KHclFDHEQ7Al6BAgDECQ&biw=1024&bih=693

The left will simply keep redefining the term to include all guns. NOTE: in the list of military pistos, there's also revolvers.

The left surely knows that gun control does NOT affect gangs, cartels, deranged nutjobs from getting guns. period.

But they don't really care about that - they want the political victory in demoralizing political opposition. That is why "red flag" laws are still an idea that has serious trouble. The left wants to use red flags with "swatting" built in, to intimidate political pro-2nd Amendment supporters.

Just like they turn a blind eye and won't talk about illegals who rape/torture/murder/assault/shoot/cut etc.

The want the political benefit of the hispanic vote, however long it takes. Even to the point of praising ms-13 and antifa.

Were it not for the belligerent false narrative, corrupt left - we could have solution laws bipartisan wise.

"Red flag" laws are needed. That is a serious great idea. Here's the trouble - You write a red flag law, imposing big fines and jail time for false accusations, then you have something to work on.

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

The fact of the matter is the guy is evil. You  and the liberal media are trying to pretend this guy checks all the boxes of a stereotype right wing white supremacist who is brainwashed with right wing white supremacist views. He doesn't check off all those boxes in fact some of his views listed in that manifesto are left wing progressive views. You don't want to hear that but the truth is what it is. 

If we want to talk about toning down rhetoric I am fine with that but as usual you liberals have your blinders on not seeing your own hateful rhetoric that has lead to violence. All the attacks on ICE agents has likely sprung from the rhetoric of the left and comparing detention camps to concentration camps. All the Trump Derangement Syndrome attacks against Trump supporters has come from the inflammatory language used by the left against this president. Same goes with the left wing nut who tried to kill all those republican congressman was likely influenced by the rhetoric from the left. Sorry you can't have it both ways. Everyone should tone down the rhetoric and both sides are guilty of it, not just one side.

17903454_10158949965035725_3181251005684

Today’s shooting in El Paso, Texas was not only tragic, it was an act of cowardice. I know that I stand with everyone in this Country to condemn today’s hateful act. There are no reasons or excuses that will ever justify killing innocent people. Melania and I send our heartfelt thoughts and prayers to the great people of Texas.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:
17903454_10158949965035725_3181251005684

Today’s shooting in El Paso, Texas was not only tragic, it was an act of cowardice. I know that I stand with everyone in this Country to condemn today’s hateful act. There are no reasons or excuses that will ever justify killing innocent people. Melania and I send our heartfelt thoughts and prayers to the great people of Texas.

This is where you call out the president for not using the word "terrorist", remember?