THE BROWNS BOARD

EX-Browns OL coach Bob Wylie rips Freddie Kitchens, saying QB coach Ken Zampese did all the coaching

Vambo

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Will you will get far more disinformation or wrong information from non-mainstream media and then you would on mainstream media. Just think about all the shit that said here that is so pure speculation about things so msm is Is still more reliable than anything else

How many times was CNN busted in major lies? That entire "Hands up don't shoot" started riots, The time they said they were in desert storm and ducking from bombs? Made in a studio, I can name so many lies they did and I don't have to use 1 from 30 years ago as they do bullshit daily 

15 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

You’re talking now. Television is nothing but an electronic device used to distort reality. Electric LSD?  That distorts reality too. So all these msm viewers are just tripping their ass off. Too bad they vote. 

Yep, They are called "Programs" for a reason. They program the mind 

15 minutes ago, medicineman said:

How many times was CNN busted in major lies? That entire "Hands up don't shoot" started riots, The time they said they were in desert storm and ducking from bombs? Made in a studio, I can name so many lies they did and I don't have to use 1 from 30 years ago as they do bullshit daily 

-0-

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Will you will get far more disinformation or wrong information from non-mainstream media and then you would on mainstream media. Just think about all the shit that said here that is so pure speculation about things so msm is Is still more reliable than anything else

You guys talk like everything you know comes from television. AP, Reuter’s, BBC, ABC, plus numerous other PRINT media outlets have way less spin to them. Plus, checking in with all, you get a truer picture.  But hey, Jane Fonda and Ted Turner are the most trusted couple in the world..... lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

You guys talk like everything you know comes from television. AP, Reuter’s, BBC, ABC, plus numerous other PRINT media outlets have way less spin to them. Plus, checking in with all, you get a truer picture.  But hey, Jane Fonda and Ted Turner are the most trusted couple in the world..... lol

Especially TCM.😘

EDIT: For the arguments on news sources, take it to the poly board where it belongs please everyone.

32 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Especially TCM.😘

EDIT: For the arguments on news sources, take it to the poly board where it belongs please everyone.

You see it in sports media too. Look at how the coast teams are covered compared to the rest of the country. If the Yankees or Giants stink, they’re still heavily covered. 

On 8/3/2019 at 5:24 PM, LondonBrown said:

A nice guy for sure but a dinosaur the Browns needed to move out the building

Now with more of the story coming out...Wylie was fired while laying in a hospital bed, his daughter told him she heard he was fired on the news, so he is definitely bitter and I don't put much stock from criticisms from bitter people. And he really was beyond old school. He seemed more interested in yucking it up than anything else - you know, the fat, jolly guy who likes his own jokes more than any one else does. I don't condone the way they let him go, but I can't put too much weight in his takes. 

On 8/3/2019 at 6:44 PM, Nero said:

You only need to see that as of today he is unemployed and not working for any other team. That tells you a lot about how much you can trust his words or his football IQ.

But he sure could spin whimsical tales and hilarious one-liners....that dude thought he was the real cat's meow. I didn't find him that funny. 

On Undisputed this AM they were asking if Freddie's open honesty was hurting the team. I thought him being a straight shooter was his main brand coming in? 

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

On Undisputed this AM they were asking if Freddie's open honesty was hurting the team. I thought him being a straight shooter was his main brand coming in? 

You can never go wrong being a strait shooter. Then you never have to remember to whom you said what. Nothing like just being who you are take it or leave it. I think the best players want straight feedback with no frills so they can get better. If you are not that way then leave the NFL and join a powderpuff league.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You can never go wrong being a strait shooter. Then you never have to remember to whom you said what. Nothing like just being who you are take it or leave it. I think the best players want straight feedback with no frills so they can get better. If you are not that way then leave the NFL and join a powderpuff league.

Absolutely. Being a straight shooter earns TRUST & RESPECT. Without those 2 qualities as a leader in a Team setting, you have no hope of reaching the top. Freddie has those 2 qualities.

Mike

On 8/3/2019 at 9:21 PM, gumby73 said:

Am not a believer that Wylie can't coach with 38 years of experience doing it..Now, it did take 17 coaching jobs to get where he's at.. Could it be true? maybe? Are we still paying him? IDK. but if we are? it beats pounding the pavement  FUxK.gif                                      

Not paying him; his contract was ended, they just chose to not offer him a new one. He left that part out when interviewed about it. 

9 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Absolutely. Being a straight shooter earns TRUST & RESPECT. Without those 2 qualities as a leader in a Team setting, you have no hope of reaching the top. Freddie has those 2 qualities.

Mike

And you don't get ANY more fake and phony than Hue. It's depressing that Jimmy and John didn't realize it way earlier. 

52 minutes ago, Icecube said:

And you don't get ANY more fake and phony than Hue. It's depressing that Jimmy and John didn't realize it way earlier. 

Jimmy should have recognized it, considering he's a master of fraud. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Jimmy should have recognized it, considering he's a master of fraud. 

I suspected Hue was phony, but after just 1 episode of Hard Knocks, I for sure knew he was. 

I just have no idea what their thinking was to bring Hue back after his 1-31 run. Not to mention, when he talked to Dorsey it was so apparent he was so full of hubris and ineptitude.  Oh well, that's history. 

Hard Knocks puts a team that's struggling and trying to right the ship, in a handicapped position.  The cameras are there almost all the time.  

There's things that you don't want to discuss in front of the cameras....even though you'd like to get into it right then and there, you can't.  You've got to get squirreled away somewhere away from Big Brother.  For Instance, last year we were awaiting Josh Gordon to grace us with his presence at TC.  The phone rings with Dorsey and Hue at desks.  Hue talks to Gordon (or his agent, I forget).  Then Hue & John exchange a phrase each, turn around and go back to writing (or somethin').  YOU KNOW damn well that they wanted to talk about Josh and the situation that they were in with him....but they couldn't...so they just turned around and pretended to be working.

Cameras in the meeting room(s)?   Shouldn't be.  They're working on their plays.

Hard Knocks is like a punishment for being the worst team in the league.

---------------------

On the positive side, it DID showcase snippets of our Internal Discord (or, air our dirty laundry), which may have sped up the process of firing Hue & Haley.

7 hours ago, Orion said:

On the positive side, it DID showcase snippets of our Internal Discord (or, air our dirty laundry), which may have sped up the process of firing Hue & Haley.

All I had to see was Hue talking about no one knowing what he knew. Quite arrogant and set the tone for things to fall apart rather quickly. Freddie is totally the opposite. He believes in and trusts the coaches he has working for him. That will pay off during games as they give "live" advice on what they are seeing and also when quick decisions need to be made they will be more likely to speak up rather than let him sink in his own stink.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

All I had to see was Hue talking about no one knowing what he knew. Quite arrogant and set the tone for things to fall apart rather quickly. Freddie is totally the opposite. He believes in and trusts the coaches he has working for him. That will pay off during games as they give "live" advice on what they are seeing and also when quick decisions need to be made they will be more likely to speak up rather than let him sink in his own stink.

Even worse and and more dangerous yet.. Is Hue believing his own twisted hubris.... That puts the team in harms way...

Dorsey probably didn't want to be perceived as trying to be too heavy-handed within the organization; if Dorsey had rolled in and 90 minutes later fired Hue for being completely useless, Dorsey would be thought of as "Not Working Well With Others" even though he's perfectly fine with competent people.

My guess is that Jimmy immediately saw the same negative personality traits within Hue but deferred because Jimmy finally accepted that unlike business, you can't win at football without some actual skill.

Of course Hue believes his own nonsense - part of the fun of being arrogant is that you lose your self-awareness.  Humility is a foreign concept to Hue.

Just imagine how great your days would be if you actually think everything you do is awesome all the time!

Pluto had a great article on Wylie's "motivation" for his "take"...

On 8/5/2019 at 7:03 PM, D Bone said:

In Webster's Dictionary they use the above as an example of the word 'Oxymoron'.  

There's an Alt-Right Webster's dictionary???