Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OldBrownsFan

Gun Shooting At Festival

Recommended Posts

Gilroy Garlic Festival Prohibited ‘Weapons of Any Kind’

As gun-control advocates seize the Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting to justify even more gun control it should be noted that the festival prohibited “weapons of any kind.”

In other words, the festival had 100 percent gun control as far as it related to law-abiding citizens.

The festival was held in Christmas Hill Park where the possession of “pocketknives and weapons of any kind” are clearly prohibited. Moreover, a perusal of the city of Gilroy’s “Park Rules and Regulations” unambiguously states that “guns, slingshots, or fireworks” are prohibited.

Democrat presidential hopeful Kamala Harris reacted to the Gilroy shooting by urging Americans not to tolerate a “gun violence epidemic.” And the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence responded to the Gilroy attack with a gun control push. Neither Harris nor CSGV referenced the stringent gun controls in California nor the garlic festival’s prohibition of “weapons of any kind.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/28/gilroy-garlic-festival-prohibited-weapons-of-any-kind/

But I don't understand this at all...they had lots of signs saying no weapons of any kind allowed

 

 

Weapon-Prohibited-School-Rules-Sign-K-4001.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not go to any place like that if I could not carry my legally licensed 9mm under my T-shirt. This is not America of the 50's anymore.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised we still have those gun free zones signs around...it makes no sense in today's world...just advertisement that people are sitting ducks..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't take something like this as proof that gun control won't work. I see it more as gun control in a tiny area when literally everywhere else has relatively easy access to guns does nothing.

I'd like to think there's another solution here other than "everyone needs to be armed all of the time" like some posters on here push for. To me that just seems crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I don't take something like this as proof that gun control won't work. I see it more as gun control in a tiny area when literally everywhere else has relatively easy access to guns does nothing.

I'd like to think there's another solution here other than "everyone needs to be armed all of the time" like some posters on here push for. To me that just seems crazy. 

Gun free zones signs don't work and maybe even entice someone bent on killing to choose places like this knowing people are easy targets.

If I was a promoter of a festival like this I wouldn't do anything to prevent people with conceal carry licenses from carrying because if there is an active shooter at least there would be some armed people there as the first line of defense absent armed security. 

What now will likely happen will be gun grabbing politicians writing up more feel good gun control measures that only take away rights from law abiding citizens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I would not go to any place like that if I could not carry my legally licensed 9mm under my T-shirt. This is not America of the 50's anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Gun free zones signs don't work and maybe even entice someone bent on killing to choose places like this knowing people are easy targets.

If I was a promoter of a festival like this I wouldn't do anything to prevent people with conceal carry licenses from carrying because if there is an active shooter at least there would be some armed people there as the first line of defense absent armed security. 

What now will likely happen will be gun grabbing politicians writing up more feel good gun control measures that only take away rights from law abiding citizens.

murderer was 19. Italian-IRANIAN descent....said he was angry. Just tragic. It's true - OBF nailed it. If you had had ccw folks there, he hopefully would only have gotten off no more than one shot. Little boy was murdered... gun control zones are extreme danger zones.

We were traveling through Mo. several years ago - my Ohio CCW license is good there, too. I called the theater we were going to - and asked them about my ccw. I told them I hated to leave it in our room, even more hated to leave it in our car. They said it was fine, as long as it stays concealed, obviously. The manager was great - she said it was a solid safety issue to allow them, murderers don't obey the law.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/murderer-kills-3-including-a-6-year-old-little-boy-at-california-festival

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm surprised we still have those gun free zones signs around...it makes no sense in today's world...just advertisement that people are sitting ducks..

Just look for the new gun free protection signs.   :lol:

D2JJgEWWsAU94m9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sitting-duck-zone-this-is-a-gun-free-come-in-14201887.png

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing how bad 60% of drivers on the road operate, I can't imagine how more weapons will alleviate the issue.  I'm sure signs don't help in painting soft targets though.  Then again, many of us believe people will do things regardless of warnings, signage  (lack of) and the like.  If the police presence was as heavy as some suggest, then that is fortunate. 

But seeing many people react poorly to non violent emergencies, doesn't give me much faith in most civilians being the needed level headed hero when shit pops off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Columbine HS and most schools ring any bells? One of the easiest killing zones there are for nutjobs.

I like my guns in my house. I wish that more trained good guys carried guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are guns illegal?  no?  they why didn't any of you brave fuckers that claim guns dont kill people actually do something about it? 

 

these arguments are fucking Retarded...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Columbine HS and most schools ring any bells? One of the easiest killing zones there are for nutjobs.

I like my guns in my house. I wish that more trained good guys carried guns.

Seemed like they had quite a bunch as this festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, choco said:

are guns illegal?  no?  they why didn't any of you brave fuckers that claim guns dont kill people actually do something about it? 

 

these arguments are fucking Retarded...

People have always from the beginning of time killed people (and game) with hands, stones, clubs, spears, knives, guns, nuclear weapons whatever that part will never change.

Sad fact is our great freedom loving country is worse than ever with some lawless thugs. SO what is the answer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its merely a question to those that cling to their guns yet cower in fear...is it merely coincidence we have the most guns and most shootings? everyone wants to protect themselves, its the excuse...but then nobody does.

 

big talk...no action.  if ya'll gonna piss yourselves and hide, why ya need your precious guz?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Seemed like they had quite a bunch as this festival.

Did they? I saw the weapons free signs but I haven't seen anything that exempted those with conceal carry weapons . So we had a bunch of unarmed people with only one with a weapon free to go on a rampage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, choco said:

its merely a question to those that cling to their guns yet cower in fear...is it merely coincidence we have the most guns and most shootings? everyone wants to protect themselves, its the excuse...but then nobody does.

 

big talk...no action.  if ya'll gonna piss yourselves and hide, why ya need your precious guz?

Nobody was clinging to guns at this festival because all the participants were unarmed except the killer who didn't give up his gun.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, choco said:

its merely a question to those that cling to their guns yet cower in fear...is it merely coincidence we have the most guns and most shootings? everyone wants to protect themselves, its the excuse...but then nobody does.

 

big talk...no action.  if ya'll gonna piss yourselves and hide, why ya need your precious guz?

Incorrect. People protect themselves and their families everyday in this country. Do some research.  https://fee.org/articles/more-people-use-a-gun-in-self-defense-each-year-than-die-in-car-accidents

The U.S. Department of Justice investigated firearm violence from 1993 through 2011. The report found, “In 2007–2011, about 1 percent of nonfatal violent crime victims used a firearm in self-defense.” Anti-gun zealots attempt to use this statistic to discredit the use of a gun as a viable means of self-defense, and by extension, to discredit gun ownership in general.

But look deeper into the numbers. During that five-year period, the Department of Justice confirmed a total of 338,700 defensive gun uses in both violent attacks and property crimes where a victim was involved. That equals an average of 67,740 defensive gun uses every year. In other words, according to the Justice Department’s own statistics, 67,740 people a year don’t become victims because they own a gun. (I suspect that if more states allowed concealed carry to be widespread, the number of instances of defensive gun uses would be even higher.)

Is it significant that at least 67,740 individuals use a gun in self-defense each year? Well, in 2016, 37,461 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the United States; in 2015, the number was 35,092 people. Mark Rosekind, administrator of the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration (NHTSA), called those road fatalities “an immediate crisis.” If the NHTSA administrator considers it a crisis that approximately 37,000 people are dying annually from car accidents, then saving nearly twice that many people each year through the use of firearms is simply stunning......... continued.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And just how many CCW permits are there in the country? How many people are there? GIVE UP? (Hint: about 330 million +/- a few million)

And many CCW holders just use them to protect their stores, farms, houses and not all carry in public........but WTF some people think they know everything.  :lol:

Concealed carry or carrying a concealed weapon (CCW), is the practice of carrying a weapon (such as a handgun) in public in a concealed manner, either on one's person or in close proximity. Not all weapons that fall under CCW laws are lethal. For example, in Florida, carrying pepper spray in more than a specified volume (2 oz.) of chemical requires a CCW permit, whereas everyone may legally carry a smaller, “self-defense chemical spray” device hidden on their person without a CCW permit.[1][2] As of 2018 there have been 17.25 million concealed weapon permits issued in the United States.[3]

There is no federal statutory law concerning the issuance of concealed-carry permits. All 50 states have passed laws allowing qualified individuals to carry certain concealed firearms in public, either without a permit or after obtaining a permit from a designated government authority at the state and/or local level; however, there are still many states that, though they have passed concealed carry permit laws, do not issue permits or make it extremely difficult to obtain one......... continued........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

And just how many CCW permits are there in the country? How many people are there? GIVE UP?

And many CCW holders just use them to protect their stores, farms, houses and don't all carry in public........but WTF some people think they know everything.  :lol:

Concealed carry or carrying a concealed weapon (CCW), is the practice of carrying a weapon (such as a handgun) in public in a concealed manner, either on one's person or in close proximity. Not all weapons that fall under CCW laws are lethal. For example, in Florida, carrying pepper spray in more than a specified volume (2 oz.) of chemical requires a CCW permit, whereas everyone may legally carry a smaller, “self-defense chemical spray” device hidden on their person without a CCW permit.[1][2] As of 2018 there have been 17.25 million concealed weapon permits issued in the United States.[3]

There is no federal statutory law concerning the issuance of concealed-carry permits. All 50 states have passed laws allowing qualified individuals to carry certain concealed firearms in public, either without a permit or after obtaining a permit from a designated government authority at the state and/or local level; however, there are still many states that, though they have passed concealed carry permit laws, do not issue permits or make it extremely difficult to obtain one......... continued........

 

There is a lot of responsibility with a ccw permit and if a ccw carrier uses their weapon they know the shooting better be justified or they are going to go to prison themselves. I have only seen a few of these cases so far where a ccw carrier used deadly force in a situation that didn't call for it and they went to prison. When you think of the millions of ccw carriers and the very few cases of their using their weapons unjustifiably I think allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons has been an overwhelming success. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got awful quiet in here all of a sudden.............    Hmmm, hum hum......still quiet.  :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can tell you with absolute certainty I would be using it like a fire extinguisher and not mistaking myself for a fireman. Looking out for my safety and then trying to get away from the issue. I would be just as likely to eat a round from an officer showing up with limited info than I would from some lunatic. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I can tell you with absolute certainty I would be using it like a fire extinguisher and not mistaking myself for a fireman. Looking out for my safety and then trying to get away from the issue. I would be just as likely to eat a round from an officer showing up with limited info than I would from some lunatic. 

To adequately know how to safely use firearms requires some training at a gun range by a qualified instructor......or if you're like me growing up in the country and having a BB gun at 7 and shooting my dad's.22 in the backyard at 11 where guns are a normal part of life just like it has been in this country for over 200 years.

Practice baby then pray you're not a little bad azz punk trying to hurt someone in front of me.......what? Too Dirty Harry? I'm sorry.    ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Got awful quiet in here all of a sudden.............    Hmmm, hum hum......still quiet.  :ph34r:

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones...there's a 50/50 chance that when you present a lib with facts they stfu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Did they? I saw the weapons free signs but I haven't seen anything that exempted those with conceal carry weapons . So we had a bunch of unarmed people with only one with a weapon free to go on a rampage.

A bunch of police.   Or at least, their claim is a "strong" police presence.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones...there's a 50/50 chance that when you present a lib with facts they stfu.

Oh I wasn't even done with it, too bad there are probably thousands of under reported and unreported cases of armed citizens who "shoo away" bad guys meerly by a sign or displaying a shotgun.

Go ahead and try your luck.    :)

il_340x270.1492525671_9tqe.jpg

810yP-aJthL._SX425_.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah shucks I was just getting warmed up a good nonfiction place to get armed citizen information is from the American Rifleman magazine, I've read it for years.

 MENU
NRA Publications
 
  ×
 

The Armed Citizen® July 29, 2019

by NRA Staff - Monday, July 29, 2019

The Armed Citizen® July 29, 2019

 
 
 
 
 

In Washington state, a homeowner encountered a vagrant who had broken into his home. He asked the intruder to leave the premises, however, the transient man refused and began to come through the back door aggressively. He allegedly attacked the owner of the home. In response, the homeowner grabbed a piece of wood and began to defend himself against his attacker in the kitchen, but this did not deter the homeless man. Fearing for the safety of his wife and himself, the man armed himself with a gun and fired a single shot at the burglary suspect. “The homeowner knew that he did the right thing, and the only thing he could do to protect himself and his wife,” said a representative of the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office. The homeowner will not face any charges. However, the suspect was facing charges for first-degree residential burglary upon release from a local hospital, where he was receiving treatment for a gunshot wound to the chest. (q13fox.com, Seattle, Wash., 5/17/19)

Armed Citizen Extra
A person broke into the wrong apartment one Sunday night. After kicking in the door to a Tulsa home, a would-be burglar was confronted by an armed occupant. The resident fired on the intruder, forcing him to flee. Police found no evidence that anyone was hurt. (newson6.com,Tulsa, Okla., 6/10/19)

From the Armed Citizen® Archives
July 1971

Philip S. Summerhays, 27, noticed activity in a nearby parking lot when he arrived home late one night. Thinking somebody might be breaking into a car, he went to investigate and found a youth attempting to rape a 46-year-old woman. Summerhays drew a gun and held the youth for police. (The Salt Lake Deseret News, Salt Lake City, Utah.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

To adequately know how to safely use firearms requires some training at a gun range by a qualified instructor......or if you're like me growing up in the country and having a BB gun at 7 and shooting my dad's.22 in the backyard at 11 where guns are a normal part of life just like it has been in this country for over 200 years.

Practice baby then pray you're not a little bad azz punk trying to hurt someone in front of me.......what? Too Dirty Harry? I'm sorry.    ;)

My father was a WW II small arms training instructor who brought us up learning how to shoot everything safely and accurately starting with BB guns, the 410 shotgun up into 12 gauge, pistols and rifles. I was an extremely safe expert with everything because he was such an excellent instructor. One of the things I liked about the LTC training I received is that the instructor was an expert trainer and worked as an armed security guard for a living. His  training was right on the money and you damn sure had to use the weapon you planned to carry to qualify, not some special target pistol. He rightly assumed you had better be good with the weapon you were counting on. Texas has very good laws when it comes to pass the LTC. And they don't give it to anyone unless they prove in the training they understand the laws and how to safely and properly use the weapon of choice. They make it clear that you are legally responsible for any innocent person that is downrange of a pulled concealed weapon and if you accidentally shoot some innocent bystander you will pay the consequences.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×