THE BROWNS BOARD

wtf? Ogunjobi lookin like an OLB'er....

Clevfan4life

4 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The board is bending at the seams to crack off some gay jokes and you are not making it easy to hold back. 

I've been thinking the same for a while. I'm not sending any pictures, Clev :P

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That’s not the reason. He would be running over and around those 300 pounders today. He was bigger faster stronger than any running back playing today’s game

Nostalgia Gipper. Regarding Jim Brown. You watch those highlights, and tackling technique back then was atrocious compared to today. 

No he's not, and wouldn't be. Freak of nature in his era, as Jim Thorpe was a few decades earlier. Nick Chubb is 5 pounds difference.   Bo Jackson was essentially the same player, and we know how that turned out. Bo supposedly ran a 4.2, and I seriously doubt Brown was any faster. Jim wouldn't be running over 300 pound DL either. There were maybe 3 (if that) in the entire NFL the years Brown played. He might be able to run around them, but he'd be running into linebackers that were every bit as big, or bigger than he was- and damn near as fast. Remember Jim's battles with Same Huff? Funny- one of the few LBs of the early 60s who was the same size as Brown. 

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That’s not the reason. He would be running over and around those 300 pounders today. He was bigger faster stronger than any running back playing today’s game

If Henry runs through us like butter in game one I'm blaming you for putting the jinx on us.🙀😁

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nostalgia Gipper. Regarding Jim Brown. You watch those highlights, and tackling technique back then was atrocious compared to today. 

No he's not, and wouldn't be. Freak of nature in his era, as Jim Thorpe was a few decades earlier. Nick Chubb is 5 pounds difference.   Bo Jackson was essentially the same player, and we know how that turned out. Bo supposedly ran a 4.2, and I seriously doubt Brown was any faster. Jim wouldn't be running over 300 pound DL either. There were maybe 3 (if that) in the entire NFL the years Brown played. He might be able to run around them, but he'd be running into linebackers that were every bit as big, or bigger than he was- and damn near as fast. Remember Jim's battles with Same Huff? Funny- one of the few LBs of the early 60s who was the same size as Brown. 

Jim Brown would still be the best running back in the game if he played today based on his size speed and strength period.

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Henry couldn’t hold Jim Brown’s jockstrap. 

gumby73  no more further silly questions, your retired honor 🔨

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Jim Brown would still be the best running back in the game if he played today based on his size speed and strength period.

Not saying  JB wouldn't.  My point  being Brown was a man among  boys in his era. Today, he's  just another man among other men. He's not  running over  guys like  JJ Watt or Aaron Donald.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The board is bending at the seams to crack off some gay jokes and you are not making it easy to hold back. 

not sure how a thread about jobi seemingly getting under DT weight is pressing the "gayzone".....but clevfan is not one to pass up an opportunity when its presented.

So, as anyone who's played in the trenches can attest....u gotta have ass if ur gonna survive down there. Can we get Tiamat to surrepetitiously take pictures of jobi's backside for a definitive conclusion on whether he's lost too much weight? We're def creeping toward the deep end here but its for the "research". 

When it comes to OL and DL....an old wiseman, circa 1992. said it best...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not saying  JB wouldn't.  My point  being Brown was a man among  boys in his era. Today, he's  just another man among other men. He's not  running over  guys like  JJ Watt or Aaron Donald.

He would as much as anyone today would 

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

He would as much as anyone today would 

Again Gipper- regarding JB. Don't live off of nostalgia. You don't see any running backs giving guys piggy back rides for 10 yards into the end zone anymore. Do you?  

Brown would actually have had to work out (from reports I've seen, very little) , but the overall improvement in his condition wouldn't come close to the overall improvement in conditioning, technique,  (and size) of the opposition.  

Adrian Peterson good? Sure. HOF good? Ditto. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Again Gipper- regarding JB. Don't live off of nostalgia. You don't see any running backs giving guys piggy back rides for 10 yards into the end zone anymore. Do you?  

Brown would actually have had to work out (from reports I've seen, very little) , but the overall improvement in his condition wouldn't come close to the overall improvement in conditioning, technique,  (and size) of the opposition. 

Anyone who can't see JB in these 4 successive runs starting at 1:51 mark is not paying attention to what he's been doing most recently.   We must treat him as if he is that good when he comes to town game one or we will lose. Just sayin'! And want to see an 11 yd. run thru traffic down to the 2 with a TD next? Then go to the 3:34 mark. Scary how good he is getting.

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Adrian Peterson good? Sure. HOF good? Ditto. 

his conditioning would’ve matched that of his opponents just like his nutritional habits would’ve match those up to today’s standards.  Again sure 350 pound lineman probably won’t be getting a piggyback ride from him but he would still as I said and I repeat as I said he would still be the best back in the game today even if he isn’t running over 350 pound  linemen

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Anyone who can't see JB in these 4 successive runs starting at 1:51 mark is not paying attention to what he's been doing most recently.   We must treat him as if he is that good when he comes to town game one or we will lose. Just sayin'! And want to see an 11 yd. run thru traffic down to the 2 with a TD next? Then go to the 3:34 mark. Scary how good he is getting.

That doesn’t look like Jim Brown to me. And you may be all over Derek Henry’s chrome dome but right now I don’t know that he ranks in the top 10 current running backs. He would not be given the same rating as Zeke Elliott or Saquon Barkley or Gurley or maybe a number of other guys 

24 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Tyson couldn't wipe Ali's ass! Just an old man's opinion & I saw them both in their primes.

Mike

ali couldnt hit mikes head movement. If tyson caught him and ali went rope a doping....tyson would chop through that guard. Other men ali faced hit as hard as mike but not in such quick succession...they had to load up their power unlike mike who could uncork multiple bombs nano seconds apart that had no dropoff in power. 

Only way ali would win is if he lirerally turned his back and ran for 12 rounds. Mike in his prime was just something that was never seen before and not seen since in the HW division. 

whsts freakish is that tyson never lifted weights in his prime..before his jail stint. Just 1000's of pushups, pullups and situps daily. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

ali couldnt hit mikes head movement. If tyson caught him and ali went rope a doping....tyson would chop through that guard. Other men ali faced hit as hard as mike but not in such quick succession...they had to load up their power unlike mike who could uncork multiple bombs nano seconds apart that had no dropoff in power. 

Only way ali would win is if he lirerally turned his back and ran for 12 rounds. Mike in his prime was just something that was never seen before and not seen since in the HW division. 

whsts freakish is that tyson never lifted weights in his prime..before his jail stint. Just 1000's of pushups, pullups and situps daily. 

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee. No one could catch Ali in his prime let alone get a good shot on him. He did the rope a dope late in his career in horrendous tropical weather. And he had a great long left jab that kept opponents from getting close as well as those quick legs.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee. No one could catch Ali in his prime let alone get a good shot on him. He did the rope a dope late in his career in horrendous tropical weather. And he had a great long left jab that kept opponents from getting close as well as those quick legs.

Yep! He also had the fastest hands I ever saw.

Mike

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

i know what ali was...carreer wise he's the goat, hands down. My point is had dmato not died and don king got his hands on mike.....this wouldnt be much of a discussion. Post jail mike lost his head movement which was more important than his power.

18 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm seeing more of Marshawn Lynch than JB. Sure, he's good and will have to be game planned for.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'm seeing more of Marshawn Lynch than JB. Sure, he's good and will have to be game planned for.

Except he has another gear when he gets past the LBs. You can see it in that play down the sidelines to the left out of the Wild-cat when he bounces it left, stiffarms and then puts on the jets. Starts at the 1:54 mark. Lynch does not have that extra gear. It's those long strides that make it very deceptive, but just look at the speed compared to those trying to knock him out of bounds. Those are not slow players he flies by. That is where he reminds me more of Eric Dickerson and his long deceptive strides that accelerated him past people downfield. Henry is not quite as fast, but nobody had Dickerson's 7th gear except Bo. 6th gear works just fine for Henry in the open field. It's as fast as most DBs.

On 8/1/2019 at 7:00 PM, Clevfan4life said:

ali couldnt hit mikes head movement.

Joe Frazier would beg to differ.

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Joe Frazier would beg to differ.

no disrespect to smokin joe...but that smoke movement doesnt compare to mikes peekaboo style. In his prime mind you.....mike tyson was one of the greatest athletes in history. That core dip and bend he had while at the same time being able to fire cannon rounds out of those off angles, nobody in the hw division was ever like that. Dempsey was the closest. I rank Dempsey right up there with Tyson and Ali...he would have given both a heck of a fight despite being a 185'er. 

Dmato  found his perfect muse in Mike. That dude at 17 looked like a 30 yr old athlete in his prime.....no disrespect to the overall goat, but i just dont see Ali winning more than 1 out of 3 fights against Mike in his prime. He certainly wouldnt have been intimidated by mike tho.

18 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Dempsey was the closest.

I shook Dempsey's hand once. I was 7-ish on a trip to NYC and one nite the family ate at "his" restaurant. I still remember how small he made me feel.

My other famous boxer handshake? Ali. He spoke at CWRU when I went there. The man had massive hands.

34 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I shook Dempsey's hand once. I was 7-ish on a trip to NYC and one nite the family ate at "his" restaurant. I still remember how small he made me feel.

My other famous boxer handshake? Ali. He spoke at CWRU when I went there. The man had massive hands.

People forget that Liston was the killer/mauler Tyson-like fighter of Ali's day and Ali (as Clay) just danced around him like a bantamweight throwing out that stinging left jab until Liston just gave up. Even just put the left in his face to keep him at bay like a RB using a stiff-arm. Ali was actually much bigger than most people realize because he didn't move like a really big guy at all in his prime.