THE BROWNS BOARD

wtf? Ogunjobi lookin like an OLB'er....

Clevfan4life

That cannot be one of our starting DT's. Why would Wilks have Jobi drop that much weight? He can't be anywhere near 300lbs unless im just seeing some kind of weird camera angle augmented by the fact he's got a hoodie on. But look at his face and what's visible of his neck....that looks like some kind of cover LB'er now. Im starting to get super worried now cause you see Sheldon earlier who don't get me wrong, is still a big dude..but he also looks now more like a DE now. We might really need to bring some interior anchor beef in now asap. 

not worried if he is anywhere around 300 thats fine. there is also a video of him on youtube of him squatting 725 lbs. he holds most of his weight on his lower body anyways.

you dont want a fat DT anyways nothing to worry about here especially with larry o he works hard  on and off the field.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

I have to think that Wilks and the trainers know a hell of a lot more than I do, but that was my same thought when I saw that video yesterday, clev

Coaches are human and not beyond poor decisions re: personnel requirements.

Billy Winn was never the same after Pettine had him put on weight.

• Upvote 2

heres the same presser but cameras straight on.....he's def dropped a ton of weight

im really curious as to why our starting DT was made to drop this much weight. He looks lije he could be a hybrid DE/OLB'er now. When ur an interior guy u gotta have ass so u dont get blown off tge line. Smaller lighter guys can still create problems from tge interior but they take dmg when holding up at the point. 

Ogunjobi's guns are Gigantic!!! 

Fuck fat ass, slow ass, no drive having defensive lineman. Jobi looks like he gonna kick somebodies ass.

3 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Was that last year?

im not exactly sure but it sure doesnt look recent. The jobi in the presser video is easily going on 20lbs smaller than tgat. I mean jobi was never a massive 2 gapper...he was around 290+      Now he looks in the 270's, maybe less i dunno...id have to see his legs. But for sure those shoulders, neck, chest...all def smaller now

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

interesting -

Photo of Jerry Sherk

Jerry Sherk

Jerry Martin Sherk

Position: DT-DE-NT

6-4258lb (193cm, 117kg)

Born: July 7, 1948 (Age: 71-022d) in Grants Pass, OR

Why is this interesting? 

Dude played 40 years ago. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

im not exactly sure but it sure doesnt look recent. The jobi in the presser video is easily going on 20lbs smaller than tgat. I mean jobi was never a massive 2 gapper...he was around 290+      Now he looks in the 270's, maybe less i dunno...id have to see his legs. But for sure those shoulders, neck, chest...all def smaller now

your out of your mind here is an article from last year he was 300 lbs at 12% body fat. thats only 30 lbs of fat as a 300 lb man. he isnt getting much lower than 12% . hes 290-300 lbs. he would have to be at like 3% body fat to be in the 270s

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/larry-ogunjobi-featured-in-men’s-health-for-his-incredible-body-transformation/ar-AABf7aS

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EastSideDawg said:

your out of your mind here is an article from last year he was 300 lbs at 12% body fat. thats only 30 lbs of fat as a 300 lb man. he isnt getting much lower than 12% . hes 290-300 lbs. he would have to be at like 3% body fat to be in the 270s

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/larry-ogunjobi-featured-in-men’s-health-for-his-incredible-body-transformation/ar-AABf7aS

and thats prob when that picture i posted was taken....i thought he was in the 290-295 range. In any case, he does not look anywhere near 300 nor 290. My point isnt ahout his bodyfat....its about muscle it appears he's lost. Bf wise he may have also dropped...look at his face in the presser...he's remarkably lean and if he wasnt playing DL id be fine. 

On 7/29/2019 at 11:42 AM, calfoxwc said:

interesting -

Photo of Jerry Sherk

Jerry Sherk

Jerry Martin Sherk

Position: DT-DE-NT

6-4258lb (193cm, 117kg)

Born: July 7, 1948 (Age: 71-022d) in Grants Pass, OR

I agree with Dutch. That was 40 years ago. Your current average weight of interior DL is around 305 pounds.  

Reason why Jim Brown was so impressive- he was running over defensive linemen that didn't weigh much more than he did.  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I agree with Dutch. That was 40 years ago. Your current average weight of interior DL is around 305 pounds.  

Reason why Jim Brown was so impressive- he was running over defensive linemen that didn't weigh much more than he did.  

That’s not the reason. He would be running over and around those 300 pounders today. He was bigger faster stronger than any running back playing today’s game

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

then you miss the interesting point. of COURSE the size of players is different/larger on the lines. Bob Golic was drafted as a lb by the Patriots, who ended up cutting him. The Browns signed him and moved him to NT. They were both wrestlers - very athletic and tough/durable.   

Bob Golic

Robert Perry Golic

Position: NT-DT-LB-DE

6-2264lb (188cm, 119kg)

Born: October 26, 1957 (Age: 61-277d) in Cleveland, OH

The FREAKING INTERESTING POINT is,

Ogunjobi :

also athletic:

https://cci.uncc.edu/news/2019-02-18/alumni-spotlight-larry-ogunjobi

"At 6’3” and more than 300lbs, with unusual quickness for a big man, Ogunjobi almost immediately established himself as a force on the football field "

Therefore - Ogunjobi is bigger, but also very athletic - quick feet and balance.  He got a lot lighter, reformed his body shape, and is predicted.

"Ogunjobi could be a breakout star for the Browns on the defensive line — at least that’s a sentiment his teammate, All-Pro and defensive line buddy Myles Garrett believes."

The point is NOT that the players in Golic's and Sherk's day were smaller, but that with the increase in average size of players, Ogunjobi is very, very quick, and is now far more powerful with all his weight room work....

Larry Ogunjobi voted most present in the weight room - 247Sports

Jul 1, 2019 - When several players were asked to vote for the player that spends the most time in the weight room, defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi received ...

he may very well fulfill Myles Garrett's prediction. And all three were/are very intense players, very, very smart. Sherk and Golic were smart players. Ogunjobi is a smart player.

THAT IS WHAT IS INTERESTING.

I didn't think I had to explain it....

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, EastSideDawg said:

ok this thread is over see below this was 4 weeks ago 😂

https://youtu.be/0sr3lojakoc

maybe it is just that sweatshirt.....but even in that video u can see a diff in the face from his presser the other day. No issue with what he looks like in ur vid. But rem that vid could have bern posted 4 weeks ago but recorded much earlier in the offseason

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

maybe it is just that sweatshirt.....but even in that video u can see a diff in the face from his presser the other day. No issue with what he looks like in ur vid. But rem that vid could have bern posted 4 weeks ago but recorded much earlier in the offseason

The board is bending at the seams to crack off some gay jokes and you are not making it easy to hold back.