Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jbluhm86

Christian "morality"; Pastor refuses dying man a funeral because his son is gay

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

I've never liked the analogy of God being a "good shepherd" and referring to my fellow humans as "sheep", because shepherds never tend to flocks out of the goodness of their hearts; shepherds tend to keep sheep in order to fleece, fuck or fix them for dinner.

That is what the bible speaks about the "good shepherd" and makes that distinction you speak of other shepherds as just being the hired hands who don't really care about the sheep. This good shepherd was one who would lay his life down for the sheep.  I'm fine with the analogy of sheep...we are what we are. 

This is a good place to put in a little bible teaching about that good shephard. In Psalm 23 David says the Lord is my shepherd I shall not want...He maketh me to lay down in green pastures..500 years later when Jesus multiplied the loaves of bread and the fish in the bible it says He made them lay down in green grass (pasture)  when He fed them...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

yeeesh

careful you don't start doing anything too radical like asking questions...

The question you should ask is the impossible bridge you can never cross (believing out nothing came the universe and all of creation). You can make science your god but there is nothing in science that can back that up, it goes against all science...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

I've never liked the analogy of God being a "good shepherd" and referring to my fellow humans as "sheep", because shepherds never tend to flocks out of the goodness of their hearts; shepherds tend to keep sheep in order to fleece, fuck or fix them for dinner.

Except it's not in relation to God. It was Jesus who said that of himself...that like a good shepherd he would lay down his life to try and save his sheep. Which he did. I am positive he wasn't out to fleece.

Am I right OBF?

Your point being invalid is bad enough. You didn't have to include a racist remark.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gorka said:

Except it's not in relation to God. It was Jesus who said that of himself...that like a good shepherd he would lay down his life to try and save his sheep. Which he did. I am positive he wasn't out to fleece. Am I right OBF?

Your point being invalid is bad enough. You didn't have to include a racist remark.

Jesus makes the distinction between the shepherds who were hired hands who didn't care  much about the welfare of the flock and makes the comparison that He was the good shepherd who loves the flock so much he would lay his life down for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

 

The question you should ask is the impossible bridge you can never cross (believing out nothing came the universe and all of creation). You can make science your god but there is nothing in science that can back that up, it goes against all science...

Thanks for your input on science Mr. "I think a guy lived inside of a whale". 

....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Except it's not in relation to God. It was Jesus who said that of himself...that like a good shepherd he would lay down his life to try and save his sheep. Which he did. I am positive he wasn't out to fleece. Am I right OBF?

Your point being invalid is bad enough. You didn't have to include a racist remark.

Christianity is a religious belief, not a race. How libtard of you to suggest otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Except it's not in relation to God. It was Jesus who said that of himself...that like a good shepherd he would lay down his life to try and save his sheep. Which he did. I am positive he wasn't out to fleece.

Am I right OBF?

Your point being invalid is bad enough. You didn't have to include a racist remark.

nailed.jpg

Oh nevermind OBF.

Jesus spoke to me!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Christianity is a religious belief, not a race. How libtard of you to suggest otherwise.

You missed the point again..

"shepherds tend to keep sheep in order to fleece, fuck or fix them for dinner. "

So Biblical sheep herders fucked sheep huh?  Not a very nice thing for morally superior lib to say is it?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Thanks for your input on science Mr. "I think a guy lived inside of a whale". 

....

For a man to live inside a whale for 3 days that would take a miracle...I believe in miracles. I would say you do as well if you believe that all of creation sprang from nothing so I just believe in different miracles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Christianity is a religious belief, not a race. How libtard of you to suggest otherwise.

If you wanted to make the point that shepherds were just hired hands who didn't care for the sheep they tended Jesus already made that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gorka said:

You missed the point again..

"shepherds tend to keep sheep in order to fleece, fuck or fix them for dinner. "

So Biblical sheep herders fucked sheep huh?  Not a very nice thing for morally superior lib to say is it?

Well, seeing as how the Bible refers to beastiality several times,  I'd say it might have been at least an appreciable enough annoyance to the ancient Israelites for them to prescribe the death penalty for the offender and the offended livestock, so you tell me.  🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the difference OBF

When you don't understand something you immediately point to "God", "miracles", etc. and then you call it a day. That's it. You don't ask questions. You don't try to learn more. You're complacent being in your little box and following the rules you were taught.

 

Luckily that isn't everyone. There are people out there that, when they don't know the answer to something, they ask questions. They try to learn more. They try to understand. They don't just chalk it up to a magic wizard and call it a day. It's because of those type of people you have the life you do today.

 

OBF from hundreds of years ago is praying to God the sun comes up everyday. How does it happen? He has no idea and he doesn't try to find out. He's content being ignorant. That's dangerous. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gorka said:

 

So Biblical sheep herders fucked sheep huh?  Not a very nice thing for morally superior lib to say is it?

that sounds like the self righteous indignation a sheep fucker would put out there after being accused of sheep fucking.....jus sayin bro...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Here's the difference OBF

When you don't understand something you immediately point to "God", "miracles", etc. and then you call it a day. That's it. You don't ask questions. You don't try to learn more. You're complacent being in your little box and following the rules you were taught.

 

Luckily that isn't everyone. There are people out there that, when they don't know the answer to something, they ask questions. They try to learn more. They try to understand. They don't just chalk it up to a magic wizard and call it a day. It's because of those type of people you have the life you do today.

 

OBF from hundreds of years ago is praying to God the sun comes up everyday. How does it happen? He has no idea and he doesn't try to find out. He's content being ignorant. That's dangerous. 

That is a good theory Woody but it doesn't account for the many Christian believers who are also scientists. Being a scientist and a Christian too is not an either/or proposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

That is a good theory Woody but it doesn't account for the many Christian believers who are also scientists. Being a scientist and a Christian too is not an either/or proposition.

There are also many Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc - scientists out there too, so that must validate their religious views too, by your accounting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

There are also many Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc - scientists out there too, so that must validate their religious views too, by your accounting.

 

oooooooo......how does obf weasel out of that corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Here's the difference OBF

When you don't understand something you immediately point to "God", "miracles"

Patently wrong and where I stopped reading..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

There are also many Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc - scientists out there too, so that must validate their religious views too, by your accounting.

 

That wasn't my point. My point was you could be both a Christian and a scientist and the same could be said of those of other faiths or of no faiths. It was not meant to validate a faith but to point out that being a person of faith doesn't disqualify someone from being a scientist either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

oooooooo......how does obf weasel out of that corner?

LOL...usually I go back and read some of your posts and see how you do it. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Well, seeing as how the Bible refers to beastiality several times,  I'd say it might have been at least an appreciable enough annoyance to the ancient Israelites for them to prescribe the death penalty for the offender and the offended livestock, so you tell me.  🧐

Lol.  Your desire for the truth made you forget your role. As a tolerant liberal you're not supposed to openly discuss anything perceived as negative  about a person of color, but rather to suppress or ignore it. Your job is to call anyone that does a racist.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

LOL...usually I go back and read some of your posts and see how you do it. 

LOL...Cleve says he never saw a pic of Elizabeth Warren in Native American headdress.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

I'll define my own role and beliefs in this world, thanks.

Lol...and what a great job you're doing keeping it a secret.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

  I'm fine with the analogy of sheep...we are what we are.

You should become a Trumpette then................................................................oh wait.😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You should become a Trumpette then................................................................oh wait.😂

Well, Trumpettes are winners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, to be honest, that Texsag is the winner of the losers. Jblu and Tiam are in second place, then there is clevis weasel and woodpecker...

last. Last and worst/most ignorant.

Alas. "It is what is it, they are what they are."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Well, Trumpettes are winners.

Of the "fleeced" contest. Absolutely!🐑😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

that sounds like the self righteous indignation a sheep fucker would put out there after being accused of sheep fucking.....jus sayin bro...

I had no idea that's what it sounded like. You musta had one of your projection fits. Was your daddy a sheep fucker or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Of the "fleeced" contest. Absolutely!🐑😂

Nah man, we run the Senate and have the Presidency.  All you got is 'the four amigos'.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×