THE BROWNS BOARD

Christian "morality"; Pastor refuses dying man a funeral because his son is gay

jbluhm86

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

I've never liked the analogy of God being a "good shepherd" and referring to my fellow humans as "sheep", because shepherds never tend to flocks out of the goodness of their hearts; shepherds tend to keep sheep in order to fleece, fuck or fix them for dinner.

That is what the bible speaks about the "good shepherd" and makes that distinction you speak of other shepherds as just being the hired hands who don't really care about the sheep. This good shepherd was one who would lay his life down for the sheep.  I'm fine with the analogy of sheep...we are what we are. 

This is a good place to put in a little bible teaching about that good shephard. In Psalm 23 David says the Lord is my shepherd I shall not want...He maketh me to lay down in green pastures..500 years later when Jesus multiplied the loaves of bread and the fish in the bible it says He made them lay down in green grass (pasture)  when He fed them...  

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

yeeesh

careful you don't start doing anything too radical like asking questions...

The question you should ask is the impossible bridge you can never cross (believing out nothing came the universe and all of creation). You can make science your god but there is nothing in science that can back that up, it goes against all science...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

I've never liked the analogy of God being a "good shepherd" and referring to my fellow humans as "sheep", because shepherds never tend to flocks out of the goodness of their hearts; shepherds tend to keep sheep in order to fleece, fuck or fix them for dinner.

Except it's not in relation to God. It was Jesus who said that of himself...that like a good shepherd he would lay down his life to try and save his sheep. Which he did. I am positive he wasn't out to fleece.

Am I right OBF?

Your point being invalid is bad enough. You didn't have to include a racist remark.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gorka said:

Except it's not in relation to God. It was Jesus who said that of himself...that like a good shepherd he would lay down his life to try and save his sheep. Which he did. I am positive he wasn't out to fleece. Am I right OBF?

Your point being invalid is bad enough. You didn't have to include a racist remark.

Jesus makes the distinction between the shepherds who were hired hands who didn't care  much about the welfare of the flock and makes the comparison that He was the good shepherd who loves the flock so much he would lay his life down for them.

17 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The question you should ask is the impossible bridge you can never cross (believing out nothing came the universe and all of creation). You can make science your god but there is nothing in science that can back that up, it goes against all science...

Thanks for your input on science Mr. "I think a guy lived inside of a whale". 

6 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Except it's not in relation to God. It was Jesus who said that of himself...that like a good shepherd he would lay down his life to try and save his sheep. Which he did. I am positive he wasn't out to fleece. Am I right OBF?

Christianity is a religious belief, not a race. How libtard of you to suggest otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Except it's not in relation to God. It was Jesus who said that of himself...that like a good shepherd he would lay down his life to try and save his sheep. Which he did. I am positive he wasn't out to fleece.

Am I right OBF?

nailed.jpg

Oh nevermind OBF.

Jesus spoke to me!

7 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Christianity is a religious belief, not a race. How libtard of you to suggest otherwise.

You missed the point again..

"shepherds tend to keep sheep in order to fleece, fuck or fix them for dinner. "

So Biblical sheep herders fucked sheep huh?  Not a very nice thing for morally superior lib to say is it?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Thanks for your input on science Mr. "I think a guy lived inside of a whale". 

For a man to live inside a whale for 3 days that would take a miracle...I believe in miracles. I would say you do as well if you believe that all of creation sprang from nothing so I just believe in different miracles?

4 minutes ago, Gorka said:

You missed the point again..

"shepherds tend to keep sheep in order to fleece, fuck or fix them for dinner. "

So Biblical sheep herders fucked sheep huh?  Not a very nice thing for morally superior lib to say is it?

Well, seeing as how the Bible refers to beastiality several times,  I'd say it might have been at least an appreciable enough annoyance to the ancient Israelites for them to prescribe the death penalty for the offender and the offended livestock, so you tell me.  🧐

Here's the difference OBF

When you don't understand something you immediately point to "God", "miracles", etc. and then you call it a day. That's it. You don't ask questions. You don't try to learn more. You're complacent being in your little box and following the rules you were taught.

Luckily that isn't everyone. There are people out there that, when they don't know the answer to something, they ask questions. They try to learn more. They try to understand. They don't just chalk it up to a magic wizard and call it a day. It's because of those type of people you have the life you do today.

OBF from hundreds of years ago is praying to God the sun comes up everyday. How does it happen? He has no idea and he doesn't try to find out. He's content being ignorant. That's dangerous. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Here's the difference OBF

When you don't understand something you immediately point to "God", "miracles", etc. and then you call it a day. That's it. You don't ask questions. You don't try to learn more. You're complacent being in your little box and following the rules you were taught.

Luckily that isn't everyone. There are people out there that, when they don't know the answer to something, they ask questions. They try to learn more. They try to understand. They don't just chalk it up to a magic wizard and call it a day. It's because of those type of people you have the life you do today.

OBF from hundreds of years ago is praying to God the sun comes up everyday. How does it happen? He has no idea and he doesn't try to find out. He's content being ignorant. That's dangerous. 

That is a good theory Woody but it doesn't account for the many Christian believers who are also scientists. Being a scientist and a Christian too is not an either/or proposition.

7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

That is a good theory Woody but it doesn't account for the many Christian believers who are also scientists. Being a scientist and a Christian too is not an either/or proposition.

There are also many Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc - scientists out there too, so that must validate their religious views too, by your accounting.

2 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

There are also many Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc - scientists out there too, so that must validate their religious views too, by your accounting.

That wasn't my point. My point was you could be both a Christian and a scientist and the same could be said of those of other faiths or of no faiths. It was not meant to validate a faith but to point out that being a person of faith doesn't disqualify someone from being a scientist either.

58 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Well, seeing as how the Bible refers to beastiality several times,  I'd say it might have been at least an appreciable enough annoyance to the ancient Israelites for them to prescribe the death penalty for the offender and the offended livestock, so you tell me.  🧐

Lol.  Your desire for the truth made you forget your role. As a tolerant liberal you're not supposed to openly discuss anything perceived as negative  about a person of color, but rather to suppress or ignore it. Your job is to call anyone that does a racist.

I think, to be honest, that Texsag is the winner of the losers. Jblu and Tiam are in second place, then there is clevis weasel and woodpecker...

last. Last and worst/most ignorant.

Alas. "It is what is it, they are what they are."

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

that sounds like the self righteous indignation a sheep fucker would put out there after being accused of sheep fucking.....jus sayin bro...

I had no idea that's what it sounded like. You musta had one of your projection fits. Was your daddy a sheep fucker or something?