THE BROWNS BOARD

Once upon a time in Hollywood

Once upon a time in Hollywood. Went to see it today and can highly recommend it. It is first and foremost and homage to the film and TV industry of that era . I won’t go into details about the plot so much other than to remember that Tarantino is the guy that directed Inglourious Basterds. So you might have some idea that Historical accuracy is not wholly complied with. 

On 7/27/2019 at 8:21 PM, The Gipper said:

Once upon a time in Hollywood. Went to see it today and can highly recommend it. It is first and foremost and homage to the film and TV industry of that era . I won’t go into details about the plot so much other than to remember that Tarantino is the guy that directed Inglourious Basterds. So you might have some idea that Historical accuracy is not wholly complied with. 

I liked the movie too - pretty long though

like a 747 in 1969?  not a big deal, but they didnt fly commercially til 1970. 

cars were pretty accurate, and typical radio ads playing in between songs on the cars radio were a nice touch

6 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

I liked the movie too - pretty long though

like a 747 in 1969?  not a big deal, but they didnt fly commercially til 1970. 

cars were pretty accurate, and typical radio ads playing in between songs on the cars radio were a nice touch

That's why I mentioned the connection with Inglourious Bastards. Tarantino just doesn't care about some of that stuff.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

That's why I mentioned the connection with Inglourious Bastards. Tarantino just doesn't care about some of that stuff.

WSS

Also I am not sure that the play boy bunny mansion in LA was there in 1969 it may not of been purchased until later.