THE BROWNS BOARD

What games are you attending?

ballpeen

I cannot make it to the tailgate for the first game vs. Titans,  as I will be out of town.  Too bad. I understand there may be a second tailgate planned later, but since I am semi-retired I am wanting to travel a bit more, and I know I will be out of town for at least that one, and the week 6 Seahawks game. I have been giving some thought about going out to Phoenix area for that away game on Dec. 15.....but it seems that no "Browns Board away game" tailgate is planned. Larry (hoorta) may be going but he has people there to meet up with.  I have my own as well, but I did not really want to go alone to the game.   So, I may have to skip it.   But, it would be good to see you.  Could it be that Buffalo game that the second "Browns Board tailgate"  would take place?  

None. As much as I love the Browns, I refuse to pay nearly $200 per seat - after taxes and fees - for nosebleed seats, much less several hundred dollars per seat for good seats. I'll just stay home with family and friends and root for them from there.

Seriously, ticket scalpers are fucking scum.

Besides, my uncle has been a season ticket holder for the Bengals since the 70s, so I'll just get tickets to the Browns-Bengals game in Cincy from him. Should be fun to watch them beat the brakes off the Bungles at PBS.

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

None. As much as I love the Browns, I refuse to pay nearly $200 per seat - after taxes and fees - for nosebleed seats, much less several hundred dollars per seat for good seats. I'll just stay home with family and friends and root for them from there.

Besides, my uncle has been a season ticket holder for the Bengals since the 70s, so I'll just get tickets to the Browns-Bengals game in Cincy from him. Should be fun to watch them beat the brakes off the Bungles at PBS.

I was shocked jb. In the depths of 0-16 we couldn't hardly give tickets away, my pal was getting 30 cents on the dollar for our 20 yard line 100 level seats. (It was so bad NFL ticket exchange\Ticketmaster even had to change their rules that you couldn't list a ticket at less than face value) I was checking out tickets to the Bucs preseason game (see below) and for kicks and giggles I looked up what people are asking this year for the same section (111). 1,000% difference. They're now in the $300+ range. 

PM me- if you're interested in a game, I'll accommodate you at face value, (OK, maybe a buck or five service chargeassuming I'm not going.  My pal that's the season ticket holder of record may do some profiteering this year after his family and friends are taken care of. Can't say I blame him after years of taking losses on games he couldn't unload at any price. He has some health issues that prevent him from going to every game even though he lives in Independence. 

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I will be at every home game, including preseason.

Mike

Planning on the preseason opener. Taking an el cheapo road trip to Tampa for the 3rd preseason game. My pal's son lives just south of Clearwater, so all I needed was a $200 buck Allegiant plane fare, and a game ticket for that one. Flugles hasn't been around recently, but he lives in the Tampa area, so I'll have to give him a ring to see if he's going. Indy is only a two hour drive, so if I can find a cheap ticket for that one, I'll consider going.  

Regular season? Opener against the Titans (that's the Atenears Memorial Margarita Tailgate, all invited), probably Sunday night Rams, and the Thursday Steelers. Others TBD. My nephew asked for, and is getting the Miami game. Pretty certain I'm doing another road trip to Arizona by way of Las Vegas, assuming I can get my agoraphobic wife to tag along. She's never been to the desert SW, has two friends (one mutual) who live in Arizona that we can stop by to visit besides the game. 

Cool man....so you are a Bengals fan.  There was a day I had to beg people to give me something for my extra ticket.

Have fun rooting for the Bengals

Sorry man, don't feel sorry for you.   If you want a nice seat, I'll sell you one for $400

5 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Cool man....so you are a Bengals fan.  There was a day I had to beg people to give me something for my extra ticket.

Sorry man, don't feel sorry for you.   If you want a nice seat, I'll sell you one for $400

Apparently, you must be a Steelers fan, since your reading comprehension is obviously suspect:

• Haha 2

I split season tickets with my cousin. I have the SeaHags game, Dolphins, BenGals and Bills.

Road trip to Arizona. We're going to tailgate (my 3 sons, their girlfriends/wives and a few other friends). If people want to come tailgate with us it's fine.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I split season tickets with my cousin. I have the SeaHags game, Dolphins, BenGals and Bills.

Road trip to Arizona. We're going to tailgate (my 3 sons, their girlfriends/wives and a few other friends). If people want to come tailgate with us it's fine.

Well that is good to know because that is what I’m thinking about doing so send me a PM maybe with more details thanks.  And what about tickets. I was hoping to look up to somebody to get seats together. So yeah shoot me that p.m.

Just now, The Gipper said:

Well that is good to know because that is what I’m thinking about doing so send me a PM maybe with more details thanksWell that is good to know because that is what I’m thinking about doing so send me a PM maybe with more details thanks. And what about tickets. I was hoping to look up to somebody to get seats together. So yeah shoot me that p.m.

lol...once the details are ironed out, will do

We're fortunate in Cleveland, to be able to tailgate in many locations. In Arizona (and other places) you have to go to a designated area.

2 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

lol...once the details are ironed out, will do

We're fortunate in Cleveland, to be able to tailgate in many locations. In Arizona (and other places) you have to go to a designated area.

I might even be able to hook you up with a condo in the Phoenix area if that something you’re interested in. I am considering staying up in Sedona

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

As jb said- it's economics.The Browns just down the road from me in Bungle Land is almost a home game, only an hour drive, but I rarely go. Rather sit in my pal's Man Cave and swill some good wine instead. Now that you mention it- I just might make the short road trip.  If the Bungles are sucking as I suspect they will that late in the season, there should be plenty of seats available- cheap.  :)  

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I hope to go to the worst blizzard game in December.  Two feet of snow, wind roaring... man, I love those games....

And you have guys like Ed saying- "man, they should have built a dome".  

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I hope to go to the worst blizzard game in december.  Two feet of snow, wind roaring... man, I love those games....

Funny, I like the cold games myself. I've seen some good ones (vs Bills 2007, NYJ 1978, 49ers I think 1974, a 7-0 Browns win). 

The early season games are great, but I hate baking in the sun.

27 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Funny, I like the cold games myself. I've seen some good ones (vs Bills 2007, NYJ 1978, 49ers I think 1974, a 7-0 Browns win). 

No thanks. Why do you think I am considering the dome game 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

As jb said- it's economics.The Browns just down the road from me in Bungle Land is almost a home game, only an hour drive, but I rarely go. Rather sit in my pal's Man Cave and swill some good wine instead. Now that you mention it- I just might make the short road trip.  If the Bungles are sucking as I suspect they will that late in the season, there should be plenty of seats available- cheap.  :)  

Never know, it might be the game in which we clinch the division.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Bunch of damn sick Yankees. I like to mow the law at noon in August. But I do wear shorts and a T-shirt.🌞

Wyoming winters cured me for life. But I'm so screwed up by it I'm going back to the mountains in Feb. hoping to go snow shoeing. Only decent snow activity I like.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I hope to go to the worst blizzard game in december.  Two feet of snow, wind roaring... man, I love those games....

We don't seem to have those "ice bowl" type games as much as in the past classics.......damn global warming!

GO BROWNS!

I will be at the Opener, which will serve as a Memorial to Stan, "Atenears", held at the traditional tailgate spot. I will post details soon, if you are in Northeast Ohio and you aren't going to the game, at least stop by the tailgate and meet some folks. And if you are coming to the game ... don't miss the tailgate!

Zombo

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The opener for sure. The bills with the squealers four days later is almost to good to miss both of those. The preseason bucs game is also a possibility, but I don't think I've ever been to a preseason game down there without it getting washed out. Oh and of course the home playoff game.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

We don't seem to have those "ice bowl" type games as much as in the past classics.......damn global warming!

GO BROWNS!

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

I will be at the Opener, which will serve as a Memorial to Stan, "Atenears", held at the traditional tailgate spot. I will post details soon, if you are in Northeast Ohio and you aren't going to the game, at least stop by the tailgate and meet some folks. And if you are coming to the game ... don't miss the tailgate!

Zombo

Has a decision been made on a second tailgate? 

I'm trying to get to the Seahawks game in October, just need to find some affordable plane tickets from Florida! 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm trying to get to the Seahawks game in October, just need to find some affordable plane tickets from Florida! 

Allegiant  fly's to Cleveland.  I know they have flights out of Clearwater/St. Pete, and the Orlando area....a round trip might cost you $150

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Allegiant  fly's to Cleveland.  I know they have flights out of Clearwater/St. Pete, and the Orlando area....a round trip might cost you $150

I think that's what we're looking at!