THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Wednesday Best and Worst

The Gipper

Here is today's survey,  give your answers and opinions.  Best and Worst:

1. A.   Who do you think is the best coach in the NFL right now? 

B. Who do you think is the worst coach in the NFL right now?  Or, lets put it this way:  most likely to be the first HC fired?

2. A. Who do you think is the best  QB in the NFL right now?

B. Who do you think is the worst ..starting QB in the NFL right now, or to put it this way: most likely to be the first replaced?

3. A.  Who do you think is the best  RB in the NFL right now?

B. Who do you think is the worst starting RB in the NFL right now?  Or, lets say, name one or two who you would have no confidence in to hand the ball to?

4. A.  Who do you think is the best team in the NFL right now....the one that you would think would have the current best odds to win the Super Bowl? (or at least get there)

B. What team, or 2-3 teams do you thing, right now, will be chasing the first pick in the draft come the end of the season?

5. A. Who do you think is the best defensive player in the league right now?

B. Who is the one defensive player....and maybe go DB here, that you think will earn the nickname "Toast" for how often he gets burned.?

My own answers.

1. A.   Who do you think is the best coach in the NFL right now? 

I reluctantly have to say Belichick. You can't argue with his success....except my one caveat is that I think that if he had not had Tom Brady all these years, he would have been basically what he was here:  a guy that is a good coach, that could have likely had his team's in playoff contention, but that it is only because he had miraculous luck to get  TB that he now has this mantle as the best.

B. Who do you think is the worst coach in the NFL right now?  Or, lets put it this way:  most likely to be the first HC fired?

Oh....without a doubt...I still think it is Pat Shurmur.  If Hue Jackson were still in the league I would say it was a neck and neck race between those two for the worst in the game.

2. A. Who do you think is the best  QB in the NFL right now?

Again, you can't fight success.....Brady...still. How can you argue?   You could say that Aaron Rodgers has more pure talent, but Brady is larguably the GOAT.

B. Who do you think is the worst ..starting QB in the NFL right now, or to put it this way: most likely to be the first replaced?

I guess it depends.  There are a couple that are slated to be replaced if/when their young guns are ready to go:   Fitzpatrick in Miami,  Keenum in Washington.   But, if we are not talking about guys that are just holding the reins for a bit, the ones that I could see flop hard would be either  Dalton in Cincy, Jackson in Baltimore (or...these two may just be my wishful thinking, and Winston could take a flop)   (It is too early to tell about Kyler Murray.

Ezekiel Elliott.    Barkley and a healthy Gurley are a notch below.  Chubb, imo, will prove to be a Top 10 guy.

B. Who do you think is the worst starting RB in the NFL right now?  Or, lets say, name one or two who you would have no confidence in to hand the ball to?

For whatever reason, perhaps injury, a guy that should be Top 5 seems to disappoint:  Leonard Fournette.  I am not saying he is the worst back in the NFL, just that I cannot see that team and those fans believing in this guy.

4. A.  Who do you think is the best team in the NFL right now....the one that you would think would have the current best odds to win the Super Bowl? (or at least get there)

Only 1 team in history has made it to 4 straight Super Bowls...and that team lost all 4.  (Bills).  If the Pats make it, that would tie that record.  I do NOT believe they make it.   Nor do I think the Rams do.   I think the top odds are with the Chiefs and Saints.   Of course, I would love to predict the Browns....but that would be a homer move.  Maybe soon...but not this year.

B. What team, or 2-3 teams do you thing, right now, will be chasing the first pick in the draft come the end of the season?

Dolphins may be trying to tank...they may be successful.  The Bengals will not be trying to tank, but I think they will anyway. I am still not a believer in Kyle Shanahan....and I think Kyler Murray will NOT bring much more success than they had last year to Arizona.  So, my bottom 4: Cards/49ers/Bengals/Dolphins.  ....and guess what?  The Browns play ALL of them...Bengals twice.

I would love for Myles Garrett to step up and take this mantle....but, for now,  I think it is Khalil Mack  (JJ Watt injuries bring him down a bit)

B. Who is the one defensive player....and maybe go DB here, that you think will earn the nickname "Toast" for how often he gets burned.?

I love this guy....but I want our WRs to make him consider retirement:   Joe Haden.  The Cuyahoga once burned...and that led to the creation of the EPA.  I want to see those 3 rivers in Pisstown burn like that...with the Browns lighting the flame.

On the beer Adam Smith Oatmeal Stout in a tie with that great Belgian Trappist beer Rochefort 10. First taste I ever had was on tap from a bar/restaurant in Bruges, Belgium.  They served it in a glass designed for that beer by the brewery. Obviously I like the dark beers. If my wife goes before me, I'll just move to Rochefort or Bordeaux and die a happy guy.🤗

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I had mentioned Stroh's earlier. I think I can stick with that.  Even my dad when he was with us,  who hardly ever saw a beer he didn't like,  hated Stroh's.

I guess it's fitting that Strohs spelled backwards is Shorts.

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

4. B. What team, or 2-3 teams do you thing, right now, will be chasing the first pick in the draft come the end of the season?

6.  A. And OK, since this discussion was had elsewhere:  What is the best brand of beer you ever had?

B. And likewise...what is the worst?

Only going to comment where I disagree....  

#3 With a short body of work, I have to take Barkley over Elliot. On character issues, and production. Worst? No opinion. 

#4 B, not the Bungles- I think. If they can stay healthy unlike last year, they won't be in contention for the #1 overall. 

#5 Best? Most would say Aaron Donald, and worst? Agreed on Joe. May he suck for going to the Squealers. 

#6 My go to is Great Lakes Dortmunder, followed by their Octoberfest. St Bernardus Abbot 12 is in the discussion. Worst? I already alluded to it- Pearl Lite is carbonated water in a can masquerading as beer, and I've said before my mantra is ABM- Anything But Miller. 

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

On the beer Adam Smith Oatmeal Stout in a tie with that great Belgian Trappist beer Rochefort 10. First taste I ever had was on tap from a bar/restaurant in Bruges, Belgium.  They served it in a glass designed for that beer by the brewery. Obviously I like the dark beers. If my wife goes before me, I'll just move to Rochefort or Bordeaux and die a happy guy.🤗

PS forgot to mention Samuel Smith's (not Samuel Adams) Pale Ale and Winter Welcome rate. 

PS- since you're a rum aficionado you may find this interesting- I ran across this when I was looking up the recipe to make a Mai Tai,  since the cream of coconut I used to try and make a pina colada had been on the grocer's shelf probably few years to long.  And was beyond hope shot- even in a blender. And no I wouldn't think of using Diplomatica Riserva in a pina colada, it's Bacardi Black. 

https://blog.distiller.com/original-1944-mai-tai-recipe/

From that article- the Holy Grail of rum is : "So powerful is the lure of an “original” Mai Tai (created by none other than Trader Vic) that the world’s few remaining bottles of Wray & Nephew 17 year old have been sold at auction in the $50,000 range for one bottle". LOL, I'll split one with you. Nah- it can't be that good, same as millionaires spending $25,000+ on a bottle of 1945 Romanee Conti. :D 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

PS forgot to mention Samuel Smith's (not Samuel Adams) Pale Ale and Winter Welcome rate. 

PS- since you're a rum aficionado you may find this interesting- I ran across this when I was looking up the recipe to make a Mai Tai,  since the cream of coconut I used to try and make a pina colada had been on the grocer's shelf probably few years to long.  And was beyond hope shot- even in a blender. And no I wouldn't think of using Diplomatica Riserva in a pina colada, it's Bacardi Black. 

https://blog.distiller.com/original-1944-mai-tai-recipe/

From that article- the Holy Grail of rum is : "So powerful is the lure of an “original” Mai Tai (created by none other than Trader Vic) that the world’s few remaining bottles of Wray & Nephew 17 year old have been sold at auction in the $50,000 range for one bottle". LOL, I'll split one with you. Nah- it can't be that good, same as millionaires spending $25,000+ on a bottle of 1945 Romanee Conti. :D 

I stand corrected. I actually meant Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. Those damn Continental Army supporters like Samuel Adams or Adam Smith can get so confusing sometimes. A few of those Oatmeal Stouts down the hatch and we can take any British airport or fort in America we want. Oh shit we were already in the fort. It was the British who were trying to take it and that's the wrong f'ning war anyway. 70+ sucks sometimes.😜

EDIT: I like the Bermudan Black rum as a mixer, Black Seal. Very good in a Cuba Libre or a Pina Colada. I especially like it at Xmas time in Eggnog with a liberal amount of nutmeg added.

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You can’t just answer one question you got to answer theM all

Boooooo!   :P

And on #6 I can honestly say my tastes have changed over the years back in the 60s it was Stroh's long necks or nothing.....but it changed drastically.  Then I was on a light beer kick Miller Lite. Now I'm back on the lagers like Sam Adams Boston Later , but will drink most good beers.

Worst, hmmmm for years I didn't like Bud but now can tolerate it worst ever.................an empty one.  :lol:

1. A.   Who do you think is the best coach in the NFL right now?  Freddie Kitchens

Shurmur

2. A. Who do you think is the best  QB in the NFL right now? Brady

Lamar Jackson the worst, the first replacement might come in Miami.

3. A.  Who do you think is the best  RB in the NFL right now? Saquan Barkley

B. Who do you think is the worst starting RB in the NFL right now?  Or, lets say, name one or two who you would have no confidence in to hand the ball to? Shady McCoy and David Johnson may have jumped the shark

4. A.  Who do you think is the best team in the NFL right now....the one that you would think would have the current best odds to win the Super Bowl? (or at least get there) Browns

Dolphins, Cardinals, Giants

Myles Garrett

Joe Haden