THE BROWNS BOARD

** Browns Training Camp 2019

gumby73

We Made It !! 🏈 90 Browns Players report today. John Dorsey & Freddie Kitchens have media pressers scheduled for Today at Noon. Ian Rapaport confirmed this morning, Duke Johnson will attend opening camp day as he should.. Player physicals from today, could create some players falling to PUP list. Let's hope on keepin that list short. Official on the practice field drills start Thursday.. Got Browns Training Camp News or Videos or Attend any Camp dates yourself? Your our reporter Of The Day!! Bring IT !! #DawgCheck 🐾 Here we GO Brownies, Here WE gO!! W00F W👀F!  It's our team & It sure feels like it's our Time..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Football season is finally here thank goodness. Training camp, pre-season and scrutiny of all teams to develop my ideal FFL team. Adios polyboard. See you after the playoffs. I'm ready to enjoy the greatest season since return to Cleveland! Go Browns!!🏈👍🤗

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Orion said:

The good news today is that the Titans starting left tackle is suspended for the first 4 games!    

That's how things have changed for the Browns. In past years, we got to play teams whose stars were just coming OFF suspension.

The tide has turned!! YES!!!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

....excited for the start of a season where we actually know who our starting QB is....and we actually think he's good.   How often has that happened in this century?  

And we think that we have deep talent at all of the offensive skill positions.  

How are we supposed to act?  What are we supposed to think?  We're in uncharted waters here.  We're through the looking glass.

---------

I think I'll expect the 'newness' of everything to show early.  New players, coaches, playbooks, etc.  Incomplete passes, some int's, some decent practice days, some where guys struggle.  We all know where we hope for people to step up and solidify a position, be it on the OL, LB'ers, Safety, Kicker,, etc.    And so now we get to see, hear and read it start to unfold.  

The show is about to start.  Break a leg Browns.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

How are we supposed to act?  What are we supposed to think?  We're in uncharted waters here.  We're through the looking glass.

Wake up feeling Dan6erous :D.. Twas the night before training camp. And all browns fans are giddy. Not a press guy was stirring,not even a Grossi;)                                                                            The schedules were hung,on the lockers with care, in hopes that a super bowl, soon would be theirs.                                                                                                                                                                                  The brownies are nestled, all snug in their beds. With visions of championships dancing in their heads.                                                                                                                                                                                The Dorse in his sweater & ball cap on head.Met with the players saying "oh shit who is that"                                                                                                                                                                                                          A new year is here & they've stopped with the chatter. Knowing only a super bowl is all that will matter.                                                                                                                                                                                  Away to the playbooks the rookies will go. Hoping someday to hear"Get in there and play".                                                                                                                                                                                                            There will be issues, as all of us know. The biggest for certain, "Hope Corbett don't blow".:o                                                                                                                                                                                                          The Punters,The Kickers, just when will they play? Not very often, when Baker Mayfield winning on game days!!   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

and were off to a longer practice than normal, per local media.just ending.seemed injury free? but presser's are up next..EdiT- no boo-boo's reported..RB Hunt(groin) & RB Grey(calf) both sat as pre-reported 

In OTAs today I watched this Browns D linemen on the left side go way up to block a Baker pass and almost came down with the interception. He laid on his back a second or two clearly upset he was not able to bring it in. When he got up and trotted off the field it was Myles Garrett. Later he verified they were often putting him on the left side and he felt comfortable there. He thought they might move him around in games too which I take it to mean more than they did last year when he occasionally played LT on a play or two.

Good to see that the RV is back 🚍 "Not on my dime,this time" says Baker 🧔.. Kitchens sounds like no newbie in this NFL coaching gig.. Halfway into a question..He gets where the question is heading & just smerks & let's the reporter ramble..It just cracks me up watching it! His response is so honest, he sometimes asked his media advisors "can i say that" 🤣 Well ya done did👍 & don't change a thing..Freddie loves toying with Grossi & it's the perfect way to gain some media respect. Sounds like Freddies going to throw the Kitchen sink at finding the right starters at a few spots? Corbett got 1's today. Terrance Mitchell got 1's at CB over Greedy..Per Freddie, "Coaches will grade tape each camp day & see who what's to earn those spots". Perfect! willing to see some rotating 1's. Anybody remember Buster Skrine as a brown? Justin Gilbert? maybe not the talent of Greedy Williams? or maybe they are in the nfl? All I remember, is everywhere, every match-up, Skrine was targeted all over the field as a rookie. Pettine let Gilbert get toasted in a Bills inter-squad game. Badly toasted, for a coaching to player lesson.Greedy at some point will have to face the music of being targeted at every passing down as a rookie.They all do.Till Greedy see's & wins those snaps? Freddie's playing this perfect from day 1..     

On 7/24/2019 at 10:43 AM, The Gipper said:

Well,  good.  Of course the big concern is:  injury.

As it seems that the Falcons already lost maybe 2 players for the season in their first two days of practice.   Let's hope we stay lucky that way.

I know. I almost cringe every time I see an NFL headline populate because I fear the worst. We got relatively lucky last year, hopefully that continues! 

a bunch of our guys are on kind of pitch counts right now, just from the standpoint of we understand that that is the most immediate threat to injury, is these first five to eight days. Soft tissue injuries."

-------

...and so now it's < on Freddie > as to how much a 'soft tissue' guy (like Duke ?) will practice per day.

Whereas last year Hue wouldn't let it be on Freddie and the guy just wouldn't dress at all.

I like the idea of getting 'em out there every day and using the pitch count concept where you think it's required.

Pads tomorrow.   Sleep tight OLinemen.

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Sleep tight OLinemen.

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And may your Dline nightmares begin!!  LOL!🤣

It's just gonna make that Oline better, quicker & that's a great thing!

Mike

• Upvote 1

Ok..Who woke up feeling dangerous? Ordering the grey* #6 🧔Legend Jersey that ships free from our website? That would be Gumby damn it!! 👍 #Sweet!  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Orion said:

-------

...and so now it's < on Freddie > as to how much a 'soft tissue' guy (like Duke ?) will practice per day.

Whereas last year Hue wouldn't let it be on Freddie and the guy just wouldn't dress at all.

I like the idea of getting 'em out there every day and using the pitch count concept where you think it's required.

Pads tomorrow.   Sleep tight OLinemen.

I like the pitch count idea too. That was a talking point last year with the Hard Knocks tiff between Hue and Haley, and a rare moment l thought Hue was doing the right thing. Especially with the vet guys who have been there and done that, let them ease into the grind at an ideal pace. The Tretters and Richardsons on the team, they pretty much know what they need to do and how to get there.

• Like 1

3 RB's were out today..So we bring in the "dirty white boy" from Ohio U..walkon..finished with two 1000 yard seasons as a Bobcat..cut by Saints  https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-sign-rb-a-j-ouellette    tough kid up the road 

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Looks like they echoed some of my thoughts - especially about the offense at the end of the day.  

I disagree about Corbett and truly believe Kush or even Kalis will be the opening day starters.  

The oline wasn't as badass as they would have you believe today.

17 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I disagree about Corbett and truly believe Kush or even Kalis will be the opening day starters.  Well, I'm hoping he makes a year 2 jump.

The oline wasn't as badass as they would have you believe today.

Does that mean they weren't too good?  Or weren't too bad?   :unsure:

12 minutes ago, Orion said:

It's one of those things I'm racking around in my mind.   Going from watching the 1 on 1's to watching the full 11's.  

I'm willing to concede that perhaps this oline will give results greater than the sum of it's parts.   That doesn't mean it's going to pause my concerns as eventually you're going to face a player and coach who will test your individual ability up front.    If things look at least O.K. to start then that sure is nice.    But you have the best defensive player in football coming to town week 3.  And it just so happens that his ass will be parked over top of whoever locks down the RG spot most of the game.  So the individual weaknesses are something we'll have a much better understanding of rather early in the season.  

44 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

It's one of those things I'm racking around in my mind. 

The article states that the running game was pretty much stuffed.  Does that mean that our defense is really good or is our OL not good.  We'll probably gauge that better when we get to practicing against the Colts.  (It IS the Colts that we practice against, right?)

37 minutes ago, Orion said:

and here lies the problem as Cleveland.com sports writers as "the source" to the national media reports..i can trust only two..Jake Burns & Pluto for actual good insight..The rest can take the same guy like Corbett and come up with good/bad/to suck links in the same practice..so Am on the boat of 'wait to see with my own eyes' this season..Care to join? the only thing 7 writers agreed on today was the weather was sunny 🌞 lol

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

and here lies the problem as Cleveland.com sports writers as "the source" to the national media reports..i can trust only two..Jake Burns & Pluto for actual good insight..The rest can take the same guy like Corbett and come up with good/bad/to suck links in the same practice..so Am on the boat of 'wait to see with my own eyes' this season..Care to join? the only thing 7 writers agreed on today was the weather was sunny 🌞 lol

I gotta confess.  I traded in everything I ever learned about football for the world according to Mary Kay Cabot.   It's been an amazing transformation. I never had any idea that footballs are slippery when wet.  If it wasn't for Mary Kay Cabot, I would have never understood why Jim Brown scored more TDs than Gene Hickerson and other Offensive Guards for that matter.  She even got me up to speed that defensive players are supposed to tackle people but a lot of our defensive players in the new millennium have been unable to do so.  And did you know it wasn't Legally Blonde's Elle Woods or any of our coaches dating back to Paul Brown that came up with the "Bend and Snap?"  It was Mary Kay Cabot; and I'm just a blind man in the bleachers without her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1