THE BROWNS BOARD

Wizards hire Sashi Brown

Unsympathetic

Well, I am not that harsh on Sashi.   Not that I believe that he should have stayed,  but he just should never have been the guy with the final word on selecting talent.

He was/is a good numbers man that knew how to accumulate assets for the teams future, and maybe that will help with a downtrodden franchise like the Wizards.

Also. while I do think he was a poor judge of talent....he was not so poor as to allow that trade for that Cincy backup QB to happen (McCarron?).  Sabotaging that deal did us a solid. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sabotaging that deal did us a solid. 

You're giving him credit for fucking the deal up.  Truth is, we were just lucky that he screwed it up.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Orion said:

You're giving him credit for fucking the deal up.  Truth is, we were just lucky that he screwed it up.

He intentionally screwed it up. He didn't want to do it but hue had Haslam's ear and he basically told he had to do it. The only way for the deal not to happen was to "accidentally" fill out the paperwork incorrectly. Paperwork that had been filled out correctly many times before under sashi brown.

• Upvote 1

I prefer to stick to the facts of the matter per Rapaport..Bengals finalized deal with NFL before 4pm deadline..The Browns finalized signatures & call to league were received after 4PM.. which NFL turned downed..Sashi would have been the man pushing the buttons.. 

10 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I prefer to stick to the facts of the matter per Rapaport..Bengals finalized deal with NFL before 4pm deadline..The Browns finalized signatures & call to league were received after 4PM.. which NFL turned downed..Sashi would have been the man pushing the buttons.. 

I heard it was, Sashi told his right hand henchman to send the confirmation email to the Bengals and that they didn't recognize it because they were expecting one from Sashi.  

Doesn't matter.  I'm not buying for one minute that Sashi intentionally made himself, Hue, Haslam and the Browns organization look like bumbling bafoons YET AGAIN...on purpose.

47 minutes ago, Orion said:

I heard it was, Sashi told his right hand henchman to send the confirmation email to the Bengals and that they didn't recognize it because they were expecting one from Sashi.  

Doesn't matter.  I'm not buying for one minute that Sashi intentionally made himself, Hue, Haslam and the Browns organization look like bumbling bafoons YET AGAIN...on purpose.

Nevertheless it worked out for  the best 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Orion said:

I heard it was, Sashi told his right hand henchman to send the confirmation email to the Bengals and that they didn't recognize it because they were expecting one from Sashi. So then,the Bengals sent their own at 3:59pm, confirmed by NFL  

the last told story was from Sashi, and the only thing that jives, is both teams confirmed deal was not finalized with comp picks till 3:55pm.. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21317473/sabotage-aj-mccarron-trade-cleveland-browns   I'd call it the last bafoonary Browns card to be played before Dorsey kicked the doors in..

• Like 1

Occam's Razor

Simplest answer is the deal was agreed over the phone later than the time before the deadline which would give both sides enough time to complete all the paperwork. 

We'll see if the picks we would have sent to CIN [rds 2 and 3] will be good players this coming season : Corbett and Chad Thomas.