THE BROWNS BOARD

Agree or Disagree?

TexasAg1969

With this bold prediction for the Browns: The addition of OBJ makes a 1000+ yd. receiver out of Landry. 

(there are predictions for each team-worth the read)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/one-bold-prediction-for-each-nfl-team-in-2019/ss-AAEA3mH?li=BBnba9I#image=9

I’ll go with agree. Sort of puts the onus on the coaching staff to best utilize these guys to make it happen though. I think in an ideal situation, Calloway will progress to the point of being an ideal number 2 guy, which means you can use Landry as the super wild card wherever, inside, outside and in between. Basically make him the mismatch nightmare and feed him the ball.

Disagree...

While I believe that Baker has a 5000-yd season in him and therefor could feed multiple 1000-yd WRs, I think our attack is going to be a balanced one. Add that theoretically we should be playing with a lead in many, if not the majority of games, and that means sitting on those leads.

13 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I don't know man.  If it's fairly balanced, 5000 see a bit much.  Somebody is going to have 1400 yards or more.  I doubt we have 5 receivers near 100 yards each.

I can see with Baker that two will get 1000+ for sure in OBJ & Landry. How many more approach it is definitely in the hands of how effective our defense is in turning the ball quickly back to that offense. Defense wins football. 1000+ receivers are created by great defenses creating a lot of extra plays for those receivers in every game. And I fully expect those opportunities now that we have a real quality DL with real quality CBs to take away the easy passes.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I can see with Baker that two will get 1000+ for sure in OBJ & Landry. How many more approach it is definitely in the hands of how effective our defense is in turning the ball quickly back to that offense. Defense wins football. 1000+ receivers are created by great defenses creating a lot of extra plays for those receivers in every game. And I fully expect those opportunities now that we have a real quality DL with real quality CBs to take away the easy passes.

Maybe. If we start getting leads, I see us getting run heavy.  It's just been so long since we actually built up decent 2nd half leads, we haven't seen it much.