THE BROWNS BOARD

in memoriam...

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Dikshit? Seriously? Nobody and all these years told her what that meant in English?

WSS

im just glad im not dyslexic otherwise i would really would have had to fight back tge giggles. As is it was only some mild mouth quivers....i mean a woman did die i aint meanin to be amused by thst, but that name tho. i mean wtf?

19 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I wonder how her sisters Ima & Yura are taking the bad news?

Old joke from the Governor Hogg days in Texas. There actually was a daughter named Ima, but she really didn't have a sister named Yura or Ura.  🤠

From the article below: "Contrary to popular belief, Ima did not have a sister named Ura.[11] Texas legend insists that when Jim Hogg ran for re-election as Texas governor in 1892 he often travelled with Ima and a friend of hers and introduced them as his daughters Ima and Ura. Ima Hogg maintained throughout her life that this never happened.[12] She was frequently forced to dispel the myth; hundreds of people wrote her letters inquiring whether her name was real and if she really had a sister named Ura.[10]The Kansas City Star even invented another sister, Hoosa."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ima_Hogg

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Old joke from the Governor Hogg days in Texas. There actually was a daughter named Ima, but she really didn't have a sister named Yura or Ura.  🤠

From the article below: "Contrary to popular belief, Ima did not have a sister named Ura.[11] Texas legend insists that when Jim Hogg ran for re-election as Texas governor in 1892 he often travelled with Ima and a friend of hers and introduced them as his daughters Ima and Ura. Ima Hogg maintained throughout her life that this never happened.[12] She was frequently forced to dispel the myth; hundreds of people wrote her letters inquiring whether her name was real and if she really had a sister named Ura.[10]The Kansas City Star even invented another sister, Hoosa."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ima_Hogg

If I recall, I believe one of them married Ben Dover. 😂

• Haha 1