THE BROWNS BOARD

Topical trivia question

The Gipper

It is true. The Stonewall national monument in New York City is centered around a gay bar there that was the constant subject of police raids. In July 1969 the patrons of that bar got fed up with their treatment by the police and basically staged a riot.  They were after all just being targeted because they were gay and for no other reason though I suspect maybe there was the occasional dope smoking or something going on. The thing is that right occurred in the very same month as the Moonlanding. But it is also true that there is no national park unit dedicated to the Moonlanding nor to the space program whatsoever. You can go to The Kennedy space Center at Cape Canaveral for tour or to the space center in Houston or to the one in Huntsville Alabama but these are not national Park units. You’re still on and run by NASA.

There are however three different national Park units dedicated to the development of the atomic bomb one in New Mexico one in Tennessee one in Washington State.  There is also one dedicated to a particular delivery system of atomic weapons that being the Minuteman national park in South Dakota which is a former atomic weapon bunker. Not sure that is the right term to use I guess it would be a silo not a bunker

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There are however three different national Park units dedicated to the development of the atomic bomb one in New Mexico one in Tennessee one in Washington State.  There is also one dedicated to a particular delivery system of atomic weapons that being the Minuteman national park in South Dakota which is a former atomic weapon bunker. Not sure that is the right term to use I guess it would be a silo not a bunker

Some of those missle silos that I have seen on shows on PBS could be a bunker capable of surviving a nuclear blast.

Many are being converted into residences and long term bugout shelters.