THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump's tweet a distraction?

Vambo

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/15/trump-administration-immigration-rules-asylum-protections

Trump’s ‘blatantly illegal’ immigration rules end asylum protections

he Trump administration has announced new immigration rules ending asylum protections for almost all migrants who arrive at the US-Mexico border, in violation of both US and international law.

According to the new rules, any asylum seekers who pass through another country before arriving at the southern border – including children traveling on their own – will not be eligible for asylum if they failed to apply first in their country of transit. They would only be eligible for US asylum if their application was turned down elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vambo said:

That's what's being said.

I've never bought into the 4d chess but I have no doubt anymore there is a method to what Trump does...he deliberately picked this fight with AOC + 3  and there is an old saying that applies about picking one's battles.

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The American Civil Liberties Union said the rules were “patently unlawful” and said it would sue the administration to block them taking effect.

And they will shop around and find the right Obama appointed federal judge to stop it...

Sounds about right.

Trump supporters pack ECU arena ahead of Greenville Rally

https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-carolina-news/president-trump-greenville-rally/

*** History repeating itself. After the failed Jimmy Carter presidency in 1980 the country was hungry for someone like Reagan with an optimistic patriotic message...now after Obama, Trump is doing the same thing Reagan did ...maybe even better..I have never seen anything in politics like the way Trump pulls in these crowds especially in an off election year..

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

that was by order of the ss to show up at a hitler speech.

not an appropriate response. SadSad

Just more a response that even shitheads can pull a crowd. Generally, I think anytime a politician is being worshipped as a hero is foul. Before the flustered whataboutism from some posters, I felt the same when Obama was in office. Government and politicians should be treated with a heavy dose of skepticism. They won a popularity contest.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Just more a response that even shitheads can pull a crowd. Generally, I think anytime a politician is being worshipped as a hero is foul. Before the flustered whataboutism from some posters, I felt the same when Obama was in office. Government and politicians should be treated with a heavy dose of skepticism. They won a popularity contest.

I understand what you are saying but most of us don't worship Trump. I remember though in 2016 when I was not a Trump supporter and saw a  huge crowd of people running to catch Trump's limousine as it pulled in and some guy blowing a shofar like the Messiah was coming. I admit it bothered me to see people acting that way but they are not the norm. The same way with Obama too you had some people swooning and fainting just at the sight of seeing their idol.

Now that I am a Trump supporter I would never act that way but I would love to go to one of his rallies. He is far and away the best public speaker of any president I can remember. I also know having been through enough presidents in my lifetime that Trump is special. We won't see another like him, I"m sure of it. (Tex would probably say "thank God" LOL).

One of my pet peeves for decades has always been the left wing bias in the media. I also believed these so called journalists are not particularly bright and I am loving watching Trump play them and expose them. CNN (the most trusted name in fake news) for example has totally lost any reputation they may have had in their hatred of Trump and allowing that hatred to dominate their reporting of the news. Actually they are not reporting the news they are creating and manipulating the news to fit the narratives they want in many cases.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I understand what you are saying but most of us don't worship Trump. I remember though in 2016 when I was not a Trump supporter and saw a  huge crowd of people running to catch Trump's limousine as it pulled in and some guy blowing a shofar like the Messiah was coming. I admit it bothered me to see people acting that way but they are not the norm.

Being a student of the Bible I'm sure you know that's how the Anti-Christ is to show up as well.🤗🤴

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Being a student of the Bible I'm sure you know that's how the Anti-Christ is to show up as well.🤗🤴

This is what the Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel believes of Trump:

Who is King Cyrus, and why did Netanyahu compare him to Trump?

Mysterious Persian ruler is credited for helping Jews return from exile to Jerusalem 2,500 years ago, rebuild the Temple

"I want to tell you that the Jewish people have a long memory, so we remember the proclamation of the great king, Cyrus the Great, the Persian king 2,500 years ago. He proclaimed that the Jewish exiles in Babylon could come back and rebuild our Temple in Jerusalem. We remember a hundred years ago, Lord Balfour, who issued the Balfour Proclamation that recognized the rights of the Jewish people in our ancestral homeland. We remember 70 years ago, President Harry S. Truman was the first leader to recognize the Jewish state. And we remember how a few weeks ago, President Donald J. Trump recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. Mr. President, this will be remembered by our people through the ages."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/who-is-king-cyrus-and-why-is-netanyahu-comparing-him-to-trump/

Besides Israel I still think they should have made a second Jewish homeland based in Germany after the war. 

One of the few moves I actually agreed with the Donald on, even though it was not democratically agreed upon by Congress which I think should have been the case. He had the votes to do it too.

2 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Don't go to the rally then...

A little bio on Mr, Sensitive ears:

Marcus J. DiPaola, a media crybaby, is complaining on Twitter that the music played at President Donald Trump’s rallies is too loud, and could cause “permanent hearing damage”.

DiPaola, who refers to himself as a “freelance field producer” (read: unemployed) whose dream is to “have a job with health insurance” (read: unemployable), has posted a lengthy Twitter thread complaining about the music at President Trump’s rallies, tweeting from tonight’s rally in Greenville, North Carolina.