THE BROWNS BOARD

More leftwing persecution of Christians

calfoxwc

2 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

blah blah narrow minded dweeb blah blah blah.

and the difference is important WHY? The countries with religious symbols still represents religion, bitchin.

I found this thread interesting Cal. When you look at so many of these instances quoted in these stories there is something going on today. I will post this from just one article you posted and there are plenty of others. There may be lots of churches but that doesn't tell the whole story. In this article though it makes clear that there is no comparison between the persecution of Christians around the world today and what is going on in the United States but clearly there is a battle going on:

"Some of the faithful have paid unexpected prices for their beliefs lately: the teacher in New Jersey suspended for giving a student a Bible; the football coach in Washington placed on leave for saying a prayer on the field at the end of a game; the fire chief in Atlanta fired for self-publishing a book defending Christian moral teaching; the Marine court-martialed for pasting a Bible verse above her desk; and other examples of the new intolerance. Anti-Christian activists hurl smears like “bigot” and “hater” at Americans who hold traditional beliefs about marriage and accuse anti-abortion Christians of waging a supposed “war on women.”

Some Christian institutions face pressure to conform to secularist ideology—or else. Flagship evangelical schools like Gordon College in Massachusetts and Kings College in New York have had their accreditation questioned. Some secularists argue that Christian schools don’t deserve accreditation, period. Activists have targeted home-schooling for being a Christian thing; atheist Richard Dawkins and others have even called it tantamount to child abuse. Student groups like InterVarsity have been kicked off campuses. Christian charities, including adoption agencies, Catholic hospitals and crisis pregnancy centers have become objects of attack.

What’s a tolerant American to do? First we must understand that red-hot rhetoric about a “war” on Christianity is misbegotten: there is zero equivalence between the horrors of ISIS-led genocide against Christians in the Middle East and what Pope Francis calls the “polite persecution” of believers in the West. (According to Pew, 77% of Americans described themselves as religiously affiliated in 2014, down from 83% in 2007.)

Yet we must also acknowledge that when some Americans citizens are fearful of expressing their religious views, something new has snaked its way into the village square: an insidious intolerance for religion that has no place in a country founded on religious freedom."

https://time.com/4385755/faith-in-america/

59 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

When liberals can't refute a point legitimately, they knee jerk emotionally and get sarcastic.

A weak pseudo-intellectual response, I must say.

Cal, the crux of it is that it is pretty damn hard to be oppressed when in the vast majority of this country you are the only show in town and 75% (or more where I live) identify as being a part of it.

Another battle going on today is  within the churches themselves. Some churches are ditching clear bible teaching on homosexuality and approving of gay marriage and having gay ministers. Some of these churches are becoming pro choice on abortion and even anti Israel. I have no doubt some of these churches who have changed their beliefs on bible teaching to become politically correct have done so to escape the persecution that comes today for having traditional beliefs about marriage and an attempt to increase their dwindling populations in their pews. It has worked for them to become acceptable and escape persecution in this country but the last I read it has done nothing to increase their dwindling church membership. In fact it is the evangelical bible believing churches alone that continue to grow.

19 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Another battle going on today is  within the churches themselves. Some churches are ditching clear bible teaching on homosexuality and approving of gay marriage and having gay ministers. Some of these churches are becoming pro choice on abortion and even anti Israel. I have no doubt some of these churches who have changed their beliefs on bible teaching to become politically correct have done so to escape the persecution that comes today for having traditional beliefs about marriage and an attempt to increase their dwindling populations in their pews. It has worked for them to become acceptable and escape persecution in this country but the last I read it has done nothing to increase their dwindling church membership. In fact it is the evangelical bible believing churches alone that continue to grow.

I would like to see if it was a matter of evangelicals just have more kids than the average US family. Not knocking your point in anyway but the Catholic method sure did help to boost their numbers.

27 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I would like to see if it was a matter of evangelicals just have more kids than the average US family. Not knocking your point in anyway but the Catholic method sure did help to boost their numbers.

It looks like one of the reasons evangelical churches have been growing is not only new members but they are gaining members from some of the more liberal churches who have left their church and have sought out a more bible believing church. I can understand that. I would run not just walk away from some churches today for throwing away the bible to try to gain approval and acceptance from the world. 

Also coming from a large Catholic family myself I am glad my parents sought out birth control methods from a celibate priest (who obviously was not really an expert on the subject) or old OBF may not be here today posting LOL.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

asd.JPG.84d33d930ab07474dc21bc2a74c81da7.JPG

How many times is this now?? If only you tards could learn to follow what is actually  being said, then I wouldn't have to waste time correcting you.

I know very well what Cal said in the title.

Woody was making the claim that Breightbart was doing everything it can to "turn this into a Christian persecution story".  Again, they did no such thing.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Oh geez...

You know that's just your interpretation of the Bible, right? Who are you to say the other churches have it wrong. 

Almost all of this "persecution" is just Christians not being treated special and better then everyone else

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

of course you literally did, you idiot. It's what you do. You're worse, you are a woodpecker that does it.

I just wish your stupidity was amusing.

So no actual response. I'm not surprised.

But yes, I literally shot your point down using your own link immediately

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh geez...

You know that's just your interpretation of the Bible, right? Who are you to say the other churches have it wrong. 

Almost all of this "persecution" is just Christians not being treated special and better then everyone else

There are things in the bible open to interpretation but approval of homosexuality is not one of them. It is specifically called out as a sinful behavior in both the Old and the New Covenant. If you believe the bible the bible says they have it wrong.

There are too many instances of Christians being punished today for their beliefs to just say Christians want special treatment.

10 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

i think what we're exp here is just deliberate.....its just willful ignorant trolling because they think they're in the "right" just as im very sure extreme left people are impossible to reason with as well.

its pretty much on us that we're engaging with partisan hacks that think anything in the name of their righteous cause is ok. They treat these utterly inconsequential online inreractions as "doing their part" in their little culture war.

A valiant effort but there is just so much fail in this. To begin with there's no one that is far right. Christianity has been part of the fabric of American culture since forever.... and now it's a far right thing because it offends you freaks?  Then again it may appear far right because you are so fuckin far left.  And it's funny how it always becomes "trolling" when you're afraid you'll find truth, or can't refute when you leftists have been exposed.. 

"Righteous causes"? Don't confuse "causes" with pushing back.

Most "causes" aka agendas are driven by you leftists, from nearly anything imaginable being racist, to wearing pussy hats, to tearing down Civil War Monuments, to silencing Conservative speech on campus,  gay marriage,  open borders ... Pushing back and rejecting liberal and progressive  policies is what's being played here Clevis, pull your head out of your ass and see the light.

Things being posted here are a repudiation of liberalism/progressivism. Deal with it or gtfo. Don't whine.

39 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

There are things in the bible open to interpretation but approval of homosexuality is not one of them. It is specifically called out as a sinful behavior in both the Old and the New Covenant. If you believe the bible the bible says they have it wrong.

There are too many instances of Christians being punished today for their beliefs to just say Christians want special treatment.

Let's say there's a class of school children. The teacher makes it a rule that they all need to bathe each day to come to class. One kid though, let's call him Chris, hardly ever bathes. Even with this in mind, the teacher still allows him to come to class.

Eventually there's a new teacher. This teacher now demands Chris bathes before coming to class just like all of the other schools children.

Is this new teacher "persecuting" Chris?

15 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Let's say there's a class of school children. The teacher makes it a rule that they all need to bathe each day to come to class. One kid though, let's call him Chris, hardly ever bathes. Even with this in mind, the teacher still allows him to come to class.

Eventually there's a new teacher. This teacher now demands Chris bathes before coming to class just like all of the other schools children.

Is this new teacher "persecuting" Chris?

Huh? You've lost me although it reminds me of an incident that happened when I was a probation officer. We had three probationers we arrested on probation violations and had them handcuffed in our holding cell to a bench. One of them smelled really bad...really bad. I felt for the other two probationers handcuffed with him on the bench but being a nice guy and all I didn't say anything about the odor. The deputy who came to pick them up though didn't have a problem speaking up and as soon as he entered the holding cell said, "all  I want to know is which one of you hasn't taken a bath in a month?" the other two probationers with "stinky" sandwiched between them took their free arms and pointed at him. 

24 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Also...

...OBF, if you don't like how Christians are being treated in this country you can just leave

I think Trump said for these American hating congresswomen to go back to their own countries to fix them and show them how it is done and then come back to the United States...

So using that for a Christian analogy I should go to heaven and show God how to properly run the place and then come back to earth? Sorry but I learned a long time ago God didn't need all my good advice on how to run the universe.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I think Trump said for these American hating congresswomen to go back to their own countries to fix them and show them how it is done and then come back to the United States...

So using that for a Christian analogy I should go to heaven and show God how to properly run the place and then come back to earth? Sorry but I learned a long time ago God didn't need all my good advice on how to run the universe.

That's 100% not how it's being worded on this board. Posters here are saying if you don't like America you can leave.

So if you don't like how Christians are being treated here, you can leave. 

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

That's 100% not how it's being worded on this board. Posters here are saying if you don't like America you can leave.

And go where?. . .Somalia! LOL

4 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Cal, the crux of it is that it is pretty damn hard to be oppressed when in the vast majority of this country you are the only show in town and 75% (or more where I live) identify as being a part of it.

I get your point, but you have to consider that all the instances of harassment in schools/colleges, setting up bakeries and photographers and florists to be sued, children not allowed to pray on their own quiet time, to themselves, being made to take crosses down, Ten Commandments down, etc etc etc.

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

I get your point, but you have to consider that all the instances of harassment in schools/colleges, setting up bakeries and photographers and florists to be sued, children not allowed to pray on their own quiet time, to themselves, being made to take crosses down, Ten Commandments down, etc etc etc.

See: Treated Like Other Religions

27 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

no, that is your woodpecker brain twists a subject so that you can make a point. It's about hating America, hating everything about it.

Claiming being "victimized" falsely by EVERYTHING about America. Meaning, destroying our Flag, disrespecting our Anthem, our Constitution, our way of life. Alleging that you hate AMERICA in it's entirety.

If you like NOTHING about America, find no good in America, then you should just leave. Why stay? It isn't about how some people have one gripe.

Having one grip <> hating our ENTIRE America and everything about it.

asswhole.

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

See: Treated Like Other Religions

Show me where a Muslim bakery has been sued for not making a gay wedding cake, woodypeckerhead.

Another district told to 'cease & desist' promoting Islam

May 13, 2019 - “The school district's so-called Ramadan 'accommodations' run ... Equity Department” issued school officials its directive to make Muslim ...
May 7, 2019 - Washington school district wants teachers to bless Muslim students in ... urges schools to make special accommodations for Muslim students

Wis. Schools' Accommodation for Muslim Prayers Not Welcomed by ...

Jan 3, 2012 - In Green Bay, Wis., the local school district is making an effort to ... the accommodation her school district has made for Muslim students' prayer ...
Jun 6, 2017 - A public high school in New York state has made available two vacant ... In an attempt to make reasonable accommodations for students and ..

so what happened to "separation of church and state" ?

it's just an excuse to undermine American culture, which is primarily Christian, from the Founding of our country.

8abc5cbd51290e23845d1630f2678a47.gif

https://www.theblaze.com/news/library-cancels-long-running-christian-playgroup-after-people-complain-that-the-children-are-singing-songs-about-god

Library cancels long-running Christian playgroup after people complain that the children are singing songs about God

this is deliberate bitchy hateful cultural leftwing war on Christians. and our Freedoms. and our America.

https://www.theblaze.com/jon-miller/jon-miller-is-ayanna-pressley-really-squad-material

Meanwhile, Aurora police did nothing in response to protesters who lowered the American flag outside of an ICE facility and raised the Mexican flag. Miller explained the act of replacing a flag was one of war, and that liberals finally removed their masks and were being honest about their hatred for America.

and AGAIN

https://www.theblaze.com/news/facebook-bans-quotation-by-st-augustine

Facebook bans quotation by St. Augustine of Hippo and calls it 'hate speech,' Catholic writer says

The quotation is based on Christ's words in the Gospel of Matthew

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

and AGAIN

Facebook bans quotation by St. Augustine of Hippo and calls it 'hate speech,' Catholic writer says

The slippery slope of censorship ...who defines what is hate speech.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

and AGAIN

If he doesn't like it he can leave (Facebook)

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/library-cancels-long-running-christian-playgroup-after-people-complain-that-the-children-are-singing-songs-about-god

Library cancels long-running Christian playgroup after people complain that the children are singing songs about God

this is deliberate bitchy hateful cultural leftwing war on Christians. and our Freedoms. and our America.

and our... United Kingdom? 

That story is from across the pond